Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skip KOTOR II says Gamezone

Andhaira

Arcane
kotor.JPG

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Before Knights of the Old Republic, fans never really got to see a world where Jedi were commonplace. KOTOR took us to a time, thousands of years before the events of the movies, when the Jedi and the Sith were very much at war.

BioWare did a fantastic job at adapting their role-playing gameplay mechanics to a Star Wars world. The story, combat and world were all so fleshed out, and the game had easily one of the best plot twists in a Star Wars medium, sitting right there with "No, I am your father."

You won't be able to beat this one before The Force Awakens, but that's just fine. If you haven't yet played through KOTOR, you owe it to yourself. Also, skip the sequel.

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/7...-to-play-before-seeing-the-force-awakens-jxxb

I don't know mang, the PT did kind of show us a 'world where Jedi were commonplace' Also the roleplaying game mechanics were not Bioware's but WOTCs, specifically Monte Cook, Skip Williams and also the brilliant Rodney Thompson (who went on the make Star Wars SAGA edition also for WOTC) And the plot twist in this game sucked and was full of holes, and also could be seen coming a mile away.

Though the game is quite good, I give him that. I suppose if you never played a real CRPG you might consider it the best game evah.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, I'm not looking ahead into the future and calling the next Battlefront game from EA one of the best Star Wars game ever. I'm talking about the sequel to the original Battlefront.
For and by 8-12 year olds.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
He hasn't played any of the older games he's writing about here. You can tell that just from the way he writes about them. I've never heard of any "retro games enthusiasts" who have played anything except Mario or Final Fantasy on SNES, OMG I'm so retro!!! To think that they're looking for controversy is already to overestimate them. They just have an empty article-shaped space that needs to be filled in, so the editor gets this guy to type about old Star Wars games, and he starts typing. That is all.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. No Super Star Wars. Jedi Academy instead of Outcast. The list has more problems than just snubbing KOTOR 2. At least TOR isn't on there.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
No X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. No Super Star Wars. Jedi Academy instead of Outcast. The list has more problems than just snubbing KOTOR 2. At least TOR isn't on there.

Also, The Force Unleashed (which is shit even at being an arcade popamole for consolefag teens). Lol. Hyperlol.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Also, The Force Unleashed (which is shit even at being an arcade popamole for consolefag teens). Lol. Hyperlol.

The sequel is even worse!

Yeah, I was speaking of both as a whole (steaming pile of shit). I somehow managed to force (badum-tsssss) myself to play through the first one, but couldn't play the sequel more than 20 minutes. God bless uninstall.exe. feelsgoodman.raw

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

The sequel is even worse!

Yeah, I was speaking of both as a whole (steaming pile of shit). I somehow managed to force (badum-tsssss) myself to play through the first one, but couldn't play the sequel more than 20 minutes. God bless uninstall.exe. feelsgoodman.raw

George Lucas' spunk was all over these games. Horrible titles, fucking horrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom