Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's stir the Creature Soup in Vangers - One for the Road

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Stay then, we need the lowdown on the cirt.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Votes locked.

Actions:
Stay on Fostral and pay your respects to Leepky before moving on. Bring him an eLeech and some cirt.

As there is no agreement about a tabutask, I have made my own decision about this, and will buy one.

Questions:
Larvae, Clash, ruBeecation, Lampasso, peeperette.
- Who or what is Larvae, Counselor?
- What's a Larva? I wish I knew more about them. They are the Lords of the Chain, and I get excited whenever I hear about them. Bring us a Larva! Or at least get us some cirt from one...

Working on it. Sheesh!

- Who or what is Clash, Counselor?
- That's a Zeexen tale. Go ask them!

- Who or what is ruBeecation, Counselor?
- Ooh, that's a horrible Beeboorat rite. Every wheeler that falls into the claws of those filthy beasts has to go through it.

But you won't tell me *what* it is. Of course.

- Who or what is peeperette, Counselor?
- Peeperettes are rubbish from the Glorx, the rot that came down from the sky. Only the Beeboorats and their grungy existence need them.

- Who or what is Lampasso, Counselor?
- An escave on Glorx. The capital of stupid games. There you'll see what the Beeboorat are like.

Ooh, games! We love games! Man, the Beeboorats sound more awesome by the minute!
By the way, here's where opinions and the extent of knowledge of the two counselors begin to differ. I will be noting which one we asked about which topic separately from now on.

Part 9. Goodbye, Fostral!
Just one more time...

We agree to wait for the end of the cycle, accept an eLeech from Feenger, and buy ourselves a new tabutask. The timing is ideal - the cycle has just changed. We will have plenty of time for the mission ahead of us!
2015_12_13_232919.jpg

Unfortunately, the task manages to be both quite dull AND hard.
2015_12_13_233150.jpg

Through an oversight of Feenger,
who became engrossed in writing poems, some nymbos rotted away.
You have to bring ten chunks of nymbos right away!
Reward: 2000 Luck: 6 Cycles: 0

We have to transport ten piles of nymbos to the Incubator. Nevermind that Podish only sells 9 at a time, and our mechos can only take 6, max. We will need to make 4 trips between the escaves - and all in a single cycle!

Better get to it, then. I drive as if I stole a kusowock and there are 5 Rippers on my tail.
2015_12_13_233247.jpg

This cycle's Eleerection is a busy one, but it is quite trivial to finish first with the mechos we have. That's not where challenge lies.
2015_12_13_233349.jpg

Now, give me my money for the eLeech and bring out all the nymbos you have. Uh... why are you looking at me like that?
2015_12_13_233421.jpg

Leepky is livid. I've never seen him like this.
- What's that stinking stuff in your mechos, you crummy roamer? Where did you get THAT? Before you bring alien cirt here, you'd better think about whether or not we need it, you rusty bearing.
- That's cirt from boneheaded Beeboorats or gabby Zeexen. Don't do that anymore or we will punish you... Get out of here!!

He's so mad he pupates inside his cocoon before kicking me out of the escave.
2015_12_13_233516.jpg

Ingrate! I did it for you!! :argh:

In his anger, he didn't even take the eLeech. I could lose the Eleerection like this! All right, all right, we will get rid of the stuff. Sheesh. I empty the cirtainers one by one.
2015_12_13_233530.jpg

But where did we go wrong? :?

Leepky in update 7 said:
You know, only aliens live here on Fostral, and they're loathsome to us...

Hmmm... maybe this has something to do with colors. We've seen the mechoses of three colors so far - green, orange and blue. All mechoses in Podish are of green color - that's why we can't get the paintjob lightbane wanted. One could then infer that green is associated with Fostral and with its ruling bios, the Eleepods. That's what I heard people complaining about, anyway - 'too much green'. But the only 'special dots' on the minimap that we've seen here on Fostral are orange and blue. That must be the 'aliens' Leepky talked about! These Larvae are not connected to the bios that lives on their world.

And come to think about it, our cirt was taken from another 'blue' Larva on Glorx. Perhaps we should have been looking for a green one - if it exists at all.

Anyway, that's a matter for a different time. For now, we have several deliveries to make.
2015_12_13_233545.jpg

- Vanger, you are the best! The Eleerection is yours; there's nothing for the others to catch here. But what are you still doing in our world? The time has come to go to Glorx, the world of the brutal Beeboorats...

At least he is happy with us again. Talk about mood swings. :M

[ruBeecation warning]
- You caught my fancy with your diligence, vanger, and I want to save you from the dreadful fate that awaits you on Glorx. The first escave you come to must be Ogorod, the lowest on Glorx.
- You'll get the sacramental object from a dull counselor there in one of the cycles. Don't even peek into the other Beeboorat escaves without it!

Right, so that's out of the way. Now for our tabutask.
2015_12_13_233608.jpg

By the way, this time the Luck gain from the won race is bigger. That's because there are more participants this time. The harder the task, the better the rewards.
2015_12_13_233633.jpg

I try my best to drive as swiftly as I can. My Dominance is high enough that Vangers on small mechoses jump out of the way. They fear and respect us.
2015_12_13_233802.jpg

And I do not have time for them. Not even raffas coming tantalizingly close to my mechos can make me change course.
2015_12_13_233853.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not perform well under pressure. My mechos is the fastest there is, and I control it well enough that I would overtake any AI racer, but my driving is not perfect. A few stinker hits here and there. An overextended jump. An unnecessary tumble into water. These, together with our little delay back in Podish leads to the logical finale.
2015_12_13_234052.jpg

I fail the task mere seconds away from the Incubator entrance while making the fourth and last trip. :negative:

:rage::rage::rage:

Now, in theory, I could have bought a good combat mechos, loaded it with guns and sailed for the Incubator with 8 nymbos piles in cargo bay, hoping to get the last two from other hapless vangers by force. They, too, bring wares to the escaves from time to time. However, that would have required a vote, and I thought I could make it. Lesson learned.

Naturally, I can't leave it at that.

I sell the now useless nymbos...
2015_12_13_234347.jpg

...and double down on the tabutasks! I will not be denied!! No one takes away my Luck!!! :argh:
2015_12_13_234428.jpg

2015_12_13_234451.jpg

Leepky wants to see if today's vangers
can move carefully and stealthily.
You have to reach Podish
without taking any damage to your armor
and you must do it before the end of the cycle!
Reward: 2500 Luck: 5 Cycles: 0

Feenger is seeking a desperate vanger
to carry out special missions.
To prove your desperation,
bombard five vangers from other worlds!
Reward: 5000 Luck: 7 Cycles: 1

So you guys need a careful, stealthy and desperate driver. Gotcha!

The more urgent tabutask comes first. The winning condition is clear - stay the hell away from other vangers. Running into them - even if it just scratches your paint - results in armor damage. And many of them often carry special weapons, those underground bugs called terminators that bypass the shields and deal their damage straight to the armor.
2015_12_13_234608.jpg

If you look closely, you will see another vanger moving under the bridge. That's why I jumped over. I don't want to initiate contact in any way.

Not too far from Podish I run into our old 'friend'. Thankfully, the gate that is supposed to open and close every few seconds gets stuck, separating us and leaving me enough time to get the hell away.
2015_12_13_234651.jpg

There are alot of vangers around. Gotta be careful not to get too close.
2015_12_13_234729.jpg

Easy!
2015_12_13_234821.jpg

At least now we have a net gain of +2 Luck. And another tabutask, which would bring us to a total of 48 Luck in case of success!

This one will be easy, by the way. Shooting five vangers from other worlds is trivial when you have access to other worlds. Just go there and go on a shooting spree. Eventually you will hit someone. :M

So, it's decided. We are going to Glorx. Farewell, Fostral, it was fun while it lasted, and I almost got attached to you, but it is time for us to move forward.

Which brings us to a topic of our vehicle. It sucks on Glorx. We need a better one. There are two decent choices on sale. The Ancient Demon, and the Iron Wraith.
2015_12_13_234834.jpg

2015_12_13_235024.jpg

Of course, there are a few other ones as well, but who in their sane mind would choose that garbage?
2015_12_13_235209.jpg

2015_12_13_235232.jpg
Again, to make an informed choice, you might need this.
Our potential acquisitions in 3d.
latest_cb_20120218133030_path_prefix_ru.gif
latest_cb_20120218135240_path_prefix_ru.gif

Ancient Demon.
2015_12_13_234834.jpg

2015_12_13_235155.jpg

The favorite mechos of reckless rangers, adventurers and real bandits. When you’re bored, having no stupid missions to perform for the fat counselors, or when you can’t put up with the abysmal number of beebs left until the next cycle anymore, come join the tribe of free ramblers. Let those hucksters scratch their heads trying to figure out where to get their stuff and where to unload for maximum beeb intake. Your only care is the time and place of your next 'hot date.'

A very good mechos that handles exceptionally well. It has high shields with a fast regeneration rate, and to top it off, it has some heavy armor - 5 times more than our current one! Most importantly, it has a very good balance and speed, which makes it one of the easiest mechoses to drive. Its only drawback are the weapon slots, which are a bit lacking. Then again, how many benefits can you pack into a single mechos?

Iron Wraith.
2015_12_13_235024.jpg

2015_12_13_234951.jpg

The jolly raffa-hunters once rode in machines like this. In the mountains, only these could chase down an agile, desperately struggling rattletrap, or escape by water, leaving behind a furious herd that thought you were already dead and they just had to sharpen their mandibles and gulp you down.

Ah, the famous derpmobile. Compared to the Ancient Demon, it has a larger cargo bay, and much, MUCH bigger weapon slots. This mechos can dish out some serious damage for its class. Its shields are stronger, but they also recharge slower, making it unsuitable for jumping too often. Its speed is higher, and its armor is a little lighter. That's all not important, though. It has one glaring drawback, in that it handles terribly. It is too fast for its own good, and its balance is such that it topples whenever you try doing a 180 at full speed. Make no mistake, though - it is a fine hunting mechos that is capable of taking on any foe. Just don't expect it to perform well in anything that requires high precision. A powerful tool in the hands of a true master, a clumsy waste of beebs in the hands of an amateur.

And for completeness' sake.
latest_cb_20120218182624_path_prefix_ru.gif
latest_cb_20120218191434_path_prefix_ru.gif

Zippax/Schruncher.
2015_12_13_235209.jpg

2015_12_13_235216.jpg

This youngster won its fame on Necross. Its flat body helps it push through undergrowth not even a beeb can get through. The fetid swamps which have gobbled up so many foolhardy vangers just sort of disgorge this mechos, refusing to swallow it. There’s no pool on Necross that its wide wheels haven’t ridden over.

Arcan.
2015_12_13_235232.jpg

2015_12_13_235241.jpg

This mechos became famous across the worlds thanks to one breathtaking story. The restless Zeexen once told a tale to a Vanger about the King of Beebs. They said he was as big as half a mechos, with huge nippers, incredible speed, and an appetite for nothing but careless vangers. So they offered him a deal: capture the beast alive for some good money. Duped, the Vanger prepared for the hunt properly. The first thing he did was to arm this mechos with a special claw. Well, the end of the story is sad but predictable. The mechos is still good for any other hunting, but definitely not for hunting the notorious King.
Which mechos do we take, Codex?
1) Ancient Demon. The best all-rounder money could buy.
2) Iron Wraith. No wheeler would be safe from our wrath... if only they would stay still!
3) Zippax. Downshifting is all the rage nowadays.
4) Arcan. We'll find the elusive King of Beebs and bring him to justice!
5) None. Learn to drive Blurry Dot better, you scrub!

After we take care of the tabutask, we need to decide where to begin our path on Glorx.
a) In the southern escave, Ogorod. That's what Leepky and Feenger suggested we do, lest we want to tempt fate.
b) In the central one. It is the closest to the Passage, and it looks absolutely magnificent. Can't wait to see what wonders await us inside.
c) In the northern one, Lampasso. They have games there. What kind of sad boring person does not like playing games?

Known vocabulary. Yellow indicates new additions, blue indicates possible topics we haven't asked about yet.
mechos - asked Leepky&Feenger
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger
raffa - asked Leepky&Feenger
escave - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
bunch - asked Leepky&Feenger
bios - asked Leepky&Feenger
beebs - asked Leepky&Feenger
Clash - asked Leepky&Feenger
Creature Soup - asked Leepky&Feenger
Softie - asked Leepky&Feenger
Cryspo - asked Leepky&Feenger
Passage - asked Leepky&Feenger
Spiral - asked Leepky&Feenger
Departed Bios - asked Leepky&Feenger

The Chain - asked Leepky&Feenger
Fostral - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
Glorx - asked Leepky&Feenger
Necross - asked Leepky&Feenger
Xplo - asked Leepky&Feenger
Eleepods - asked Leepky&Feenger
Beeboorats - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
Zeexen - asked Leepky&Feenger
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Podish - asked Leepky&Feenger
Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust)
Plump-up - asked Leepky&Feenger
Eleerection - asked Leepky&Feenger
Gulp-down - asked Leepky&Feenger
Lampasso - asked Feenger
Ogorod

kusowocks - asked Leepky (Feenger unavailable)
pod - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
P-beam - asked Leepky&Feenger
ruBeecation - asked Feenger

eLeech - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
nymbos - asked Leepky&Feenger
phlegma - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
cirt - asked Leepky&Feenger
Larvae - asked Leepky&Feenger
peeperette - asked Feenger
You have 5 questions. You might want to ask them before you pick your destination, though.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Votes locked.

Actions:
We'll buy the Ancient Demon, then drive to Glorx, finish the tabutask... and then play it by ear, I guess. Will try to incorporate both existing choices.

Questions:
Ogorod; Lampasso; ruBeecation; peeperette, pod.
- Who or what is Ogorod, Counselor?
- We know that not only vangers find their doom there by the will of the local Buro, but Beeboorats also. They put them into pots like rotten mushrooms. Doesn't that make you quiver? You're heartless if it doesn't.

- Who or what is Lampasso, Counselor?
- Lampasso... Oh, you'll learn something about the Beeboorats there. They run sports games in Lampasso, where crowds of dolts try to top one another in the art of jackassery. And many manage, which makes their bosses happy.

- You've learned the wickedness of the Beeboorats and now, I'm sure, you abhor your fate. Well, bite the bullet, wheeler. It's your destiny to bear the yoke branded upon you with disgrace, the sign of the tyrants of the wet Glorx.

What are you talking about? I am as free a vanger as I ever was!

- Peeperette sare the seeds of Glorx. No one knows what they're for. But Beeboorats are greedy - they pick up these stinkweeds and store them in their cache. The beasts probably devour these fruits of raffish Jablees, choking and panting - just not to waste the stuff.

- Who or what is pod, Counselor?
- We Eleepods live in pods. That's all you need to know for now...

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Part Unidentified. A Winner Is You.
Ah. Ancient Demon. A wise choice.
2015_12_15_144526.jpg

It is one of the better mechoses in the whole game. One can almost make it to the end with it without trying out anything else - it's so good. It has everything - the balance, the speed, the maneuverability. Remember how Oxidize Monk had to make their own entrance to the vault? Well, the Demon can drive across its walls and then drop inside through the roof. It's that cool.
2015_12_15_144615.jpg

It's very steady, too. Most mechoses would fall down from such a position. This only needs a slight jump to stabilize itself.
2015_12_15_144846.jpg

Lots of nymbos piles lying around. Must've been a big battle.
2015_12_15_144756.jpg

After reloading the Spiral at a nearby station, I dive into the Passage.
2015_12_15_144901.jpg

Of course, I am not the only one who can use Passages. See the tiny orange specks flying on the screen?
2015_12_15_145014.jpg

Yeah, there is another mechos forming in the Passage. A foreign one.
2015_12_15_145024.jpg

It is easy to fulfill the tabutask. Just sit in front of the escave and shoot stuff that comes in and out.
2015_12_15_145053.jpg

It is nice to see other vangers rushing to the roadside whenever they see me, instead of the other way around.
2015_12_15_145155.jpg

Jumping on the roads is a pleasure with this mechos. It is not as ridiculously light as the two starting ones, making it a more predictable affair, and it almost always lands on its wheels.
2015_12_15_145221.jpg

Aha! So I was right - there is an Eleepod Larva on this world!
2015_12_15_145247.jpg

In a few short moments, our mission is done. Just two more Luck points, and we'll be halfway there!
2015_12_15_145357.jpg

Lampasso, here we come! Sign me up for some sports games!
2015_12_15_145426.jpg

We are met with a Beeboorat Counselor. Hello, friend! How are you this fine morning? :happytrollboy:
2015_12_15_145449.jpg

- Ha! What luck: a fugitive slave showed up... Without his Rubbox, slob!
- Hi, duffer! Thanks for visiting Geer'ah. He'll give you a job. The Heroes are taking to the field soon, and you will help them.

No problem, chief! I am helpful like that. What do I need to do?

2015_12_15_145528.jpg

2015_12_15_145552.jpg

2015_12_15_145632.jpg

Oh. That kind of help.

So, Codex. You have won. Congratulations!

Unfortunately, you've won in the wrong kind of game, and now you are dead. Didn't expect that, huh?

But do not worry. The Infernals are generous in their infinite mercy. They will rewind the state of the Universe just for you.

We'll be heading to Ogorod next. We are not hardcore enough for the Beeboorats' games. :M

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm:
So, I'm not sure what happened here: the Beeboorats forced our character to participate in one of their brutal games... But he/she/it didn't survive the experience. Harsh. Not even a way to fight out of this deathtrap?
Actually, is it ever mentioned what kind of creature the player avatar is? I assume he's one of these worms things that mentioned something about "you were born here", but you never know with this game.

Nevill

Arcane
Not even a way to fight out of this deathtrap?
No. You displease the Beeboorats, you are sent to Lampasso to entertain them.

You just shortened that path a little. :lol:

Praise the Buro! :salute:

Actually, is it ever mentioned what kind of creature the player avatar is?
You are not supposed to know. It's one of the game's mysteries. Everyone relies on vangers for survival, but very few know what they actually are.

I assume he's one of these worms things
If you ask Leepky what Eleepods are when your mutual trust is still low, he'll say this:
- I'm Leepky, an Eleepod, and you are an Eleepod's offspring, but not an Eleepod...

And he already said this when asked about an eLeech:
- An eLeech is a wonderful creature. You used to be an eLeech too, but not for very long.

But he might also be... misinformed.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Part 10. The old garderner.
We materialize on Glorx at the same time some other vanger jumps to Fostral. It is quite trippy, even by Vangers standarts.
2015_12_15_173725.jpg

We haven't seen this cycle before. The letters on the bottom of the screen are different. And what's that in the air? Looks like a mechos, but it doesn't display on the map!
2015_12_15_173808.jpg

Doesn't look like I can interact with it or shoot it. It just flies around and... drops stuff. Some bright orange stuff. And the numbers increase as it does. Interesting.
2015_12_15_173904.jpg

A sudden cycle change interrupts my observations. The strange mechos flies off, and the orange dots fade away and disappear.
2015_12_15_173918.jpg

Our tabutask takes a bit longer to complete, not in the least because a lot of vangers from Fostral decided to chill here - and I need to shoot 'foreigners'.
2015_12_15_174804.jpg

There are many vangers and only a single narrow road. That leads to a major clusterfuck near the primary escave entrance.
2015_12_15_174853.jpg

An Arcan vehicle got chewed up by insects and is on its last breath. I smell blood...
2015_12_15_174945.jpg

The stronger the mechos, the stronger the explosion. A few others fly away, but being in the center of it I don't have that luxury. My shields take the brunt of the damage.
2015_12_15_175108.jpg

Hah, and he dropped a cirtainer, too! Guess this is one way to collect cirt!

It is getting really crowded here, though. There are 9 colored dots on the minimap! Finishing the tabutask is easy with that many targets.
2015_12_15_175620.jpg

There are 3 mechoses currently in the water, one of them mine. I tried to ram a raffa, but it doesn't look like it's possible to do while submerged - you just don't have enough speed.
2015_12_15_175656.jpg

Even the south is pretty densely populated. Glorx doesn't let you get bored, does it?
2015_12_15_181110.jpg

But we have something more important to do than drive around aimlessly. Let's pay the good Beeboorats a visit!
2015_12_15_181225.jpg

Jesus! You are one ugly son of a bitch, aren't you? I mean, hello, good sir. :roll:
2015_12_15_181306.jpg

- Hey, you're a stray dog! Fly to VigBoo to Boorawchick for registration, greenhorn!
- You're not allowed to come here unregistered! Next time I'll call a patrol, they'll give you what for. Now go!

Time to dig up some walls! Oh, but what's that? They are impenetrable! I just paint them a different color.
2015_12_15_200242.jpg

Was it all in vain? No, Leepky said it clearly: we should get an object during one of the cycles. We just have to wait for the right one. Which is a bit hard to do when an angry Counselor wants to kick you out.

But what if instead of up, we'll go to a shop? He lets us!
2015_12_15_181822.jpg

Normally, you are not supposed to hang around the escave if a Counselor is angry at you. But this one doesn't seem to enforce the discipline quite like others.

Let's chat him up, then!
'Ogorod' means 'garden' in Russian. The one you find on a farm, not in a park.

Anyway, the Beebooracts are very strict about proper procedures and conduct... except this one. The old Oboorez here (a play on the words 'ogurets' - a cucumber - and 'buryi', which, among other things, means a daring, audacious person - or a boor) is too old and lazy to care. Half-blind, too, which should work to our advantage when we try our hand at stealing.

But it would be a while before the next cycle change. So there is not much for us to do except talk.

You can ask Oboorez 10 questions. If the cycle doesn't change by then, I'll have you ask 10 more. We will continue until either the current cycle ends, or until we run out of questions.

Known vocabulary.
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger
Softie - asked Leepky&Feenger

The Chain - asked Leepky&Feenger
Glorx - asked Leepky&Feenger
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
VigBoo
Lampasso - asked Leepky&Feenger
Ogorod - asked Leepky
Boorawchick

kusowocks - asked Leepky (Feenger unavailable)
pod - asked Leepky&Feenger
ruBeecation - asked Leepky&Feenger
The Buro
Jablees

Larvae - asked Leepky&Feenger
peeperette - asked Leepky&Feenger

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Goddamit, this game sure makes you believe you're in an alien world, these Russians do have a good imagination (and vodka). How many bugs have you encountered so far (pun not intended)? Or is the game actually stable?

Anyway:
VigBoo
Boorawchick
Vangers
The Chain
Mechos
Softie
kusowocks
ruBeecation
Buro
Jablees

Nevill

Arcane
Goddamit, this game sure makes you believe you're in an alien world, these Russians do have a good imagination (and vodka). How many bugs have you encountered so far (pun not intended)? Or is the game actually stable?
After being rewritten by I think a single guy to run on everything (some code was/is in Assembler, I believe - that's why the game was working on Pentium 133MHz back in the day), the game is as stable as it gets. Not a single crash. He even fixed a few bugs from the original. That's dedication for you!

There are crashes in this game, but they happen rarely, and you have to get pretty creative to see them. Playing with Incarnators (a weapon) and switching between several Rigs (special slot equipment, DigRig is one of them) on the fly can do some nasty things because it may lead to memory corruption. Haven't seen those myself, only read the bug reports. I don't usually resort to any extraordinary measures while driving.

Anyway, the questions.
VigBoo
Boorawchick

Glorx
peeperette
Larvae
Softie
kusowocks
ruBeecation
Buro
Jablees
lightbane said:
VigBoo
Boorawchick

Vangers
The Chain
Mechos
Softie
kusowocks
ruBeecation
Buro
Jablees
Common topics:
VigBoo, Boorawchick, Softie, kusowocks, ruBeecation, Buro, Jablees

Different topics:
Vangers/Glorx
The Chain
/peeperette
Mechos/Larvae

Answers:
- Who or what is VigBoo, Counselor?
- VigBoo is our capital escave, where I get the shrubs from. If you work well, you will be promoted to a Commissar in VigBoo.

- Who or what is Boorawchick, Counselor?
- Boorawchick registers tramps like you and sets them on the righteous course of the Beeboorats.

- Who or what is Softie, Counselor?
- I've been serving here for a long time, but this is the first time that I've heard a Slave say that word!

I am not a slave! I am a free vanger! Why do you all keep calling me that?

- You, greenhorn. You were at Boorawchick's and overlooked your own ruBeecation! The Manual says that every stray vanger is potentially dangerous to the Buro. So, to keep things in check, we ruBeecate all of them.

Oh. Maybe that's why. Good thing we didn't go to the capital escave, eh?

- Who or what is the Buro, Counselor?
- The Buro took you under its wing and gave you work, oaf. And the Buro is watching you closely, so don't let it down!

- Who or what is Jablees, Counselor?
- Watch out, you blockhead. If a Jablee falls on you, you'll lose what little is left of your gray matter!

- Who or what is vangers, Counselor?
- The bios' trash. By the way, you are also a vanger.

- Who or what is Glorx, Counselor?
- You, buddy, have been on Glorx for a long time now. It is time you got used to it and started enjoying it. Here we have the cleanest water and the nicest bios.

- Who or what is The Chain, Counselor?
- You are confined to the Chain between VigBoo and Ogorod.

- Who or what is Larvae, Counselor?
You don't need to know all that. It doesn't concern you vangers.
There appears to be no option to ask anyone but Leepky about kusowocks. Rerolling the question (bonus roll).

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
The list of answers is updated.

The cycle is still ongoing. Ask your next 10 questions, but remember that slaves are not exactly privy to the most detailed answers.

Known vocabulary.
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)

Softie - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)

The Chain - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Glorx - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger

VigBoo - asked Oboorez (slave)
Ogorod - asked Leepky

Boorawchick - asked Oboorez (slave)

ruBeecation - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
The Buro - asked Oboorez (slave)
The Manual
Jablees - asked Oboorez (slave)
Slave
Commissar

Larvae - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
shrub
As an aside: in Russian a 'slave' (rab) is pronounced similarly to how you would pronounce 'rub' in English. Thus, ruBeecation sounds like a 'slave-fication', making it more obvious what exactly is supposed to happen to you on Glorx if you don't get (or do not heed) a warning from the Eleepods. Not all details can be translated perfectly.

A 'commissar' was actually a 'foreman' (prorab) in Russian, which is pronounced 'pro-rub', keeping it in line with the theme.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Hm. Oboorez doesn't seem to get much love. A shame. He is my favorite character, together with Zeekatuha. :(

Takes a while to get in his good graces, though.
The Manual
Slave
Commisar
shrub
Incubator
eLeech
phlegma
escave
Fostral
Beeboorats
Ok then.

- Who or what is The Manual, Counselor?
- The Manual tells dumb Slaves what to do to be useful to the Buro.

- Who or what is Slave, Counselor?
- You are a Slave - not exactly the highest rank. Obey Oboorez, and perhaps you will succeed.

- Who or what is Commissar, Counselor?
- Good for you, rookie. Your diligent service and zeal will make you a Commissar soon!

- Who or what is shrub, Counselor?
- Bring shrubs here in bulk. Boorawchick has a steady supply of them in VigBoo. By delivering the shrubs, you are helping the Buro!

- Who or what is Incubator, Counselor?
- You, greenhorn, stop blowing bubbles and get busy with the shrubs.

- Who or what is eLeech, Counselor?
- Look, rider, I've tried an eLeech once in my lifetime. I was awarded it for my achievements in shrub-growing. I'll never forget it!

- Who or what is phlegma, Counselor?
- May your mechos slip on phlegma and fall into the whirlpool, you wheel-bound moron!

- Who or what is escave, Counselor?
- We live in escaves. The escave you are in now is called Ogorod.

- Who or what is Fostral, Counselor?
- You, blockhead, stay on Glorx, bring me shrubs, and don't get distracted!

They don't like slaves running away to other worlds, do they?

- Who or what is Beeboorats, Counselor?
- We Beeboorats are nice guys. Take Boorawchick. He is worth the world! You pull for us and we take care of you.
The reason I split these questions is because he might mention some new concepts you might be interested in hearing about.

Known vocabulary.
escave - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)

Fostral - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)

Beeboorats - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger

Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)

Ogorod - asked Leepky

Oboorez

The Manual - asked Oboorez (slave)
Slave - asked Oboorez (slave)
Commissar - asked Oboorez (slave)

eLeech - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
phlegma - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
shrub - asked Oboorez (slave)
The cycle is nearing its end. I think 10 more questions, and we can do what we came here for.

Though we may not necessarily succeed. It's only a chance, based on our Luck, which is still fairly decent.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The cycle is nearing its end. I think 10 more questions, and we can do what we came here for.

He's not really informative. But ok, let's give it another try:

Oboorez (its' not included in vocabulary, but I suppose it's an option too?)
Necross
Xplo
Zeexen
nymbos
cirt
peeperette
Passage
Spiral
Departed Bios

Nevill

Arcane
He's not really informative.
The Beeboorats have 3 stages of trust corresponding to your rank. No one is going to get chummy with a pleb.

This section was intended as a quick way to get introduced to the new world. Even quicker one would be to undergo a ruBeecation, but we might be able to dodge that.

Answers:
- Who or what is Oboorez, Counselor?
- I am Oboorez, rookie. You owe me respect!

- Who or what is Necross, Counselor?
- The world of the nasty Zeexen. A Slave can easily drown in a swamp there, without even having had enough fun with shrubs.

- Who or what is Xplo, Counselor?
- Try memorizing the route to VigBoo first, nimble wheeler.

- Who or what is Zeexen, Counselor?
- The Zeexen really stick in the Buro's throat. You'd better not mention them too often.

- Who or what is nymbos, Counselor?
- You'd better get busy with the shrubs, you damp mold.

Are alien wares not welcome here? Or do they just not want us coming to Fostral?

- Who or what is cirt, Counselor?
- Cirt, you deflated dolt, is not for your crooked paws. It's delicate stuff!

I have a cirtainer full of stuff with me. But if you don't want it - it's your loss.

- If you come across a dark thing with a tail while you're on the road, it's a peeperette. Don't be stupid enough to grab it!

- Who or what is Passage, Counselor?
- Don't accidentally fall in there.

- Who or what is Spiral, Counselor?
- That's what keeps you away from work, you loafer.

Yup. Definitely the case of not being fond of letting untrusted vangers on other worlds.

- Who or what is Departed Bios, Counselor?
- I've never seen a Departed Bios in my whole life.
The cycle has ended. I guess it's time to test our Luck.

Nevill

Arcane
Part 11. A cog in the machine.
Let's see if we can dig up anything useful... BINGO!
2015_12_16_145848.jpg

Following Leepky's teachings, we promptly snatch it and place it in our cargo bay! What is it, anyway?
2015_12_16_145924.jpg

Rubbox (would sound like a 'slave-box' in Russian)
A dog collar that Beeboorats put on every vanger they catch. If you lose this piece of tin, the generous Beeboorats will bestow it on you again, making you a poor slave all over again. By his rubbox, the Beeboorats can tell how useful a Vanger is for them. So, to free yourself from their control, you have to play their stupid games and take care of your rubbox.

So... this is kind of a friend-or-foe device? I can enter the escaves freely with it, without being put on raffa and sent to Lampasso? I need to check this theory out!
2015_12_16_145949.jpg

Yeah, the cycle indeed has changed. It would be neat to remember that you can dig around Beeboorat escaves during 'PPS', whatever that means.

Oboorez doesn't remember that we showed up without a Rubbox just half a cycle ago. We have it now - great! Anything else is not his business.
2015_12_16_150004.jpg

- A midge has arrived. Oboorez does a good job keeping an eye on you, midge!

Now that we aren't violating the Manual, the geezer finally notices cirt in our inventory.
2015_12_16_150100.jpg

[Cirt in Inventory]
- Oh, soldier, you brought cirt! What a brave guy! At last something came of a dummy meatloaf on wheels. Now you know why the Buro put so much effort into your upbringing. Go to Boorawchick and report on the mission.
- Watch this! Peeperettes shot up before they should have, and the shrubs were so-so: second sort, fourth category. What joy! I gave up all hopes of getting a harvest from this bed. You brought luck to Ogorod today, soldier!

Ah, well. Guess everything is alright on this front. Now, to see if others would be duped just as easily. For that, we need to get to the Beeboorats' central escave, VigBoo.
2015_12_16_150240.jpg

There are peeperettes scattered about, but Oboorez warned me not to pick them up, so I don't.
2015_12_16_150308.jpg

Lots of Fostral vangers in the vicinity. Hell, we are the only vangers around. I wonder why they keep coming here. Is that because of cirt?
2015_12_16_150401.jpg

We are met with a huge and mighty Beeboorat. Beebs are crawling across his muscular body frame.
2015_12_16_150422.jpg

- To the Buro: Boorawchick observed a registered Slave in VigBoo. Checking subject's statistics... Slave! I hereby remind you of the feats you are to accomplish.
- Item 1: deliver
Valorins to Lampasso. Item 2: deliver shrubs to Ogorod.

I try to sneak into a shop instead of listening to the lecture, but he doesn't let me.
- Your sentence hasn't been read. Halt and listen!

Ok. Whatever you say, chief.
2015_12_16_150456.jpg

[Good Cirt Delivery]
- To the Buro: Cirtainer delivered to my Cirt Reception Department. The sniff test confirmed the Beebooratness of the contents. The cirt has been registered and sent to the Distribution Department. Boorawchick out. My request for increased cirt allowance included.
- Vanger! Your push has risen to the rated level. As of today, you've brought us 6 portions of cirt. Continue harvesting!

The Beeboorats place much importance on being 'pushy'. In Russian, it's 'obureniye', with the same etymology as 'buryi'. It's another theme, with the Buro, Beeboorats, Oboorez etc. They are of the opinion that luck favors the bold and daring. They are not wrong. If you aren't proactive in the world of Vangers, you won't get far.

Finally, he dismisses me.
- Audience with Boorawchick refused. Leave the room immediately!

Let's check the shop!

First, the wares section.

Valorin.
latest_cb_20120320091146_path_prefix_ru.gif

A packed, wrapped Beeboorat. While you’re carrying it, he tumbles about all and belts out stupid anthems in a nasty voice. Sometimes howls. Very noisy type. But at least he’s packed well.

Shrub.
latest_cb_20120320092845_path_prefix_ru.gif

A packed Beeboorat stuck full of spikes. His fellow species call him a “castaway”. Doesn’t yell at all, but groans. Sometimes mumbles something about some kind of Buro. Looks like he’s an unlucky fella. Rumor has it that Oboorez uses peeperettes to sprout these guys in pots.

Next, the weapons section.
2015_12_16_150551.jpg

Vector.
A device for primitive target-tracking.

Whoa-whoa! I have long noticed that the vangers I meet are far too precise in their shooting. That's their secret! Sure, it won't work with macHOTine, but it can direct ghOrb bursts straight at the enemies of our choosing. With it, we would really become a killer mechos. And it's dirt cheap!

And finally, a pair of mechoses. Those are of heavier class.

Feathered Surgeon/Blade Keeper
latest_cb_20120218104736_path_prefix_ru.gif

2015_12_16_150610.jpg

And atTractor.
latest_cb_20120218142142_path_prefix_ru.gif

2015_12_16_150618.jpg

It is in our power to buy them, thought it is hard to say if they would be an upgrade to the one we currently have. atTractor is a murder-mechos, slow and deadly. You won't win many races on it, but if you really want someone dead, you take it. Its sawblade deals a ridiculous amount of damage when ramming, and it can install some serious weapons.

The Feathered Surgeon is a trading mechos with a huge cargo bay. Not much can be said about it besides that. It's fast, but a little unsteady because of its plump forms. It has good air reserves, though, which might be relevant on Glorx.

Also, there are two broken mechoses in the shop. Sandoll/Sandrider...
2015_12_16_150638.jpg

This unusual mechos used to belong to a castaway vanger. He once met some mysterious inhabitants of Threall which no one has ever seen, and they told him how to assemble this monster. After that, many have seen him on different worlds carrying out missions for his affiliates. The weapons they gave him were so tough that any vanger who spots him on the horizon just turns around and floors it. Finally, one day, this mechos was just found empty and in a good condition, except for a single sticky smear. Since than, no one has even dared to try it.

...and a Lawn Mover. Wait, that's not a car, that's a helicopter!!
2015_12_16_150645.jpg

Normal vangers are perplexed by this slipshod mechos. Vangers are used to riding on land rather than messing around in the air. Plus, it has an evil back story. Rumor has it that, at the beginning of time, horrible “soft” vangers pursued our ancestors, trying to get the Larvae. The only refuge they could find was underground, in the escaves. Another rumor says there’s a whole world of Softies, anxiously awaiting their chance to rush in, bringing total annihilation with them.

Cool! If only I knew how to fix that!
Choice time, Codex. What should we do?
1) The Buro knows best. And we need to thank Oboorez for his time and patience (and the rubbox, even though he doesn't know about that one). Ship shrubs to Ogorod, as the Manual suggests.
2) The Buro knows best. And we have long wanted to meet the mysterious counselor of Lampasso anyway. Ship Valorins to the northern escaves, as expected of a slave.
3) Why not both? Pick up a mixed shipment of shrubs and Valorins, and bring them to both escaves, starting with Lampasso. Efficiency is paramount, though it is unclear whether the Manual allows it.
4) Why not both? Pick up a mixed shipment of shrubs and Valorins, and bring them to both escaves, starting with Ogorod. Even if we do something wrong, Oboorez won't be too harsh on us. He's too lax on discipline for that.
5) Screw the Buro and its stupid rules. Ship Valorins to Ogorod. The old fart Oboorez can use to appreciate diversity once in a while.
6) Screw the Buro and its stupid rules. Ship shrubs to Lampasso. What would they do, kill us off? Please, they need vangers more than we need them!
7) Be a special snowflake and bring eLeeches to all their escaves. Maybe they would like it enough to overlook the Manual stating that slaves are not supposed to visit other worlds?
8) Freeform (specify).

Also, do we buy ourselves a new mechos?
1) Yes, a Feathered Surgeon. The larger your cargo bay is, the more loot you can sell!
2) Yes, an atTractor. The bigger the gun, the bigger the fun!
3) No, we've only just bought the Ancient Demon, and it is too perfect to swap it for anything yet.

And do we buy ourselves a Vector?
1) Yes. May our shots always strike true from now on!
2) No, the true masters of the wheel aim their weapons manually.

You can ask Boorawchick up to 30 questions, since you are new to this world and all. If you are not interested in talking, just pick the choices.

Known vocabulary.
escave - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Passage - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Spiral - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Departed Bios - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)

Fostral - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Necross - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Xplo - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Beeboorats - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Zeexen - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
Ogorod - asked Leepky
Oboorez - asked Oboorez (slave)

The Manual - asked Oboorez (slave)
Slave - asked Oboorez (slave)
Commissar - asked Oboorez (slave)

eLeech - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
nymbos - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
phlegma - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust), Oboorez (slave)
cirt - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
peeperette - asked Leepky&Feenger, Oboorez (slave)
shrub - asked Oboorez (slave)
Valorin
Valorin is called Heroin in the Russian version. I don't know why they changed it. Did someone not like the sound of 'ship Heroin or you'll remain a slave'? :lol:

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
1) The Buro knows best. And we need to thank Oboorez for his time and patience (and the rubbox, even though he doesn't know about that one). Ship shrubs to Ogorod, as the Manual suggests.

Who are we to doubt the Buro and the Manual? Gotta play by the rules.

3) No, we've only just bought the Ancient Demon, and it is too perfect to swap it for anything yet.

This.

1) Yes. May our shots always strike true from now on!

Also, can you remind me where do you put it? If it occupies the rig slot, you won't be able to dig, right? Inconvinient.

Nevill

Arcane
Also, can you remind me where do you put it?
It goes into a rig slot. The switch between the Rigs is instantaneous - if we burrow, the Vector is put in the inventory in place of a DigRig; if we aim, the DigRig is put back in the cargo bay and replaced by a Vector.

Do that too fast and too often, and you can corrupt the game - but I've been fine so far, both with the original and with the remake. I've heard of it happening when players abused CopteRig (a flying device) to aim while staying airborne by switching between them constantly.

You can't shoot anyone while underground (understandably), so their simultaneous use is not required.

Nevill

Arcane
Votes locked.

I thought you guys might be interested in what different information layers may unlock.
At the later stages they might foreshadow things:

"What is a Passage counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Don't fall in there accidentally."
/ Commissar /
"These, soldier, are a type of doorway from Glorx to Fostral, or to Necross, for example."
/ Agent /
"You've seen more of them than me. Lately I've been told about a mysterious Passage on Fostral. There's a Passage but it doesn't let anyone in. There's some catch."

They would spell out plainly what cirt is:

"What is a Cirt counselor?"
/ Slave /
"Cirt, you deflated bladder, is not for your crooked paws. It's a delicate matter."
/ Commissar /
"We use cirt to go from Heroism to the Election of Castaways and then to Progress and back to Heroism. Eleepods, for example, call these differently. That's why we have different cirt."
/ Agent /
"Soil taken from the place where the Larva has crawled. The main thing is not to mistake our Larva for the Eleepod one."

Or even give you a warning (which is quite exceptional, considering that Larvae is all they desire):

"What is a Larva counselor?"
/ Slave /
"You don't need to know all that. It doesn't concern vangers."
/ Commissar /
"All our lives are dictated by the Larvae. We get their signals through cirt. They crawl deeply underground. We wouldn't know the Larvae's messages without vangers."
/ Agent /
"A vanger stopped by at my place a long time ago. The Buro had sent him to catch a Larva. He had a big box with him. I haven't seen him ever since. You'd better keep away from Larvae."

They would also drop hints about a few secrets and the endgame stuff - and it might happen at various ranks, not just the last one. A bit of a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment.
But hey, perhaps giving 30 questions was too overwhelming. :M

Anyway, if I got you correctly, you want to get smart with the Beeboorats and do everything at once. 'k.

Part Uncertain. The one who questioned the Manual...
We'll do everything at once. I buy an ample supply of every possible ware and sail off.
2015_12_16_225057.jpg

Unfortunately, I have somewhat fucked up the main road by killing a mechos there (creating a big hole) and then using DigRig to get to the plunder. Now the road is almost impassable without some voodoo dancing.
2015_12_16_225123.jpg

Half a minute later, I am standing over Lampasso entrance. Both of the Larvae are here. It's funny how none of the Larvae live on the worlds related to their bios. I wonder why that might be... :?
2015_12_16_225236.jpg

Hello, counselor. I came with the rubbox this time. Ah, no, we're supposed to meet for the first time, aren't we?
2015_12_16_225306.jpg

- A Slave arrived. They are all miserable slaves...
[Shrub in Inventory (Slave)]
- Slave, your monkey tricks make me laugh! This is Lampasso; Geer'ah is here and shrubs aren't my business! Turn your crate around and get out of here and into Ogorod!

Geer'ah means 'weight' in Russian. That's what he constantly lifts with his hand. And it isn't just for show! Ouch!!
2015_12_16_225411.jpg

If you come to him for the second time, you get this beautiful exchange:
2015_12_16_225505.jpg

- Slave! You are obstinate in your error. You disappointed the Buro and they declared your existence meaningless. I am assigned to carry out the appropriate procedure. However, the merciful Buro is giving you a chance to die and wash away your guilt. You will take part in the Competition!
[...]
- Dear Slave, a message just arrived about a new record in the Zeppelins competition. The hero produced such a powerful pop that it caused a series of rock slides that blocked three approaches to the stadium. This is great news! I am granting you a pardon: live on for the benefit of the Buro. Your property, however, is confiscated to reward the hero.

He is not kidding. All of our inventory gets confiscated.
2015_12_16_225528.jpg
Alright, so he doesn't want our wares. What are we supposed to do with them, then? I know, we will complain to Boorawchick about this. He'll sort this guy out!

But first we should get there. On our way down, we find a suitable target for our Vector practice, and engage it.
2015_12_16_225633.jpg

Eager to escape our attention, the other vanger accelerates, accidentally ramming someone to death. Someone who was carrying Beeboorat cirt. Boorawchick is going to be happy with us!
2015_12_16_225734.jpg

Not like it helps our prey escape. We are a very dedicated hunter.
2015_12_16_225801.jpg

Again, the explosion destroys 2/3 of our shields, but we are used to it already. However, that might be a reason for smaller cars to stay away from big trucks. Even if you can kill it, it does not mean you will survive.
2015_12_16_225812.jpg

Emboldened with our success, we take on a truck that has impudently crashed into us while we were lazying on a road. Death is the only penalty for this transgression!
2015_12_16_225840.jpg

It jumps away in horror. It is all quite satisfactory.
2015_12_16_225933.jpg

A smaller mechos, however, is not that lucky. Ah, vector. Is there anything you can't do?
2015_12_16_230013.jpg

It can't refill one's ammo. We run out of those and have to come back to more down-to-earth matters.
2015_12_16_230130.jpg

Hello, sir! I'd like to lodge a complaint about counselor Geer'ah!
2015_12_16_230216.jpg

He doesn't listen to me, just barks. We get him riled enough to show his ugly mug.

[Shrub in Inventory (Slave)]
- Slave! Shrubs must be shipped to Ogorod!
- Slave! Ogorod is where you must ship the shrubs you have with you! Slave! What you have in your bay must be driven to Oboorez!
- Slave! You must take to Oboorez what you have in your bay!
- To the Buro: Requesting an increase in my cirt allowance for the hazardous work, since Slaves are obtuse nowadays.

He throws us out with a mighty punch of his bony arms. Owww! What's the matter with you guys?
2015_12_16_230307.jpg

I just wanted to say - what's the point in me driving wares to other escaves if they don't let me in? Can't you see the meaninglessness of such an act? Hey! I have not finished talking with you yet!
2015_12_16_230348.jpg

[Repeatedly - Shrub in Inventory (Slave)]
- To the Buro: The newly arrived Slave has an IQ below the minimum. According to the instructions, exploitation of the slave is prohibited.
- Slave, by order of the Buro you are being put into the reserve of the Sports Events Commander in Lampasso... YOU ARE DEAD, DUNCE!!!
[...]
- A dried beeb was found in the IQ meter, something that caused a measurement error. The technicians to blame for this gross dereliction of duty were sent to Lampasso instead of you. At your expense...
- Praise the fair Buro! In honor of your providential escape you are assigned to learn by heart the new edition of the Manual with its additions and corrections. Your beebs will go toward publishing it.

We are thrown out of the escave, losing 20000+ beebs. That's not fair!!
2015_12_16_230402.jpg

Alright, you don't like shrubs, I get it. They do not sing anthems and do not respect the Buro. Fine, I'll get rid of them. Will you listen now?
2015_12_16_230434.jpg

[Valorin in Inventory (Slave)]
- Slave! According to the Buro's instructions, the final destination for Valorins is Lampasso. Don't forget!
- I will report to the Buro if you come here again with Valorins. Actively fear.

[Repeatedly - Valorin in Inventory (Slave)]
- Slave! According to the Buro's decree entitled 'On Counteracting Sabotage during Sporting Events,' you are sentenced to death along with the confiscation of all your property.
- The Buro rides roughshod over its enemies!
[...]
- Slave! Listen to the latest news! Because of a Jablee crash near VigBoo the Buro is declaring a general amnesty for all offenders. Your beebs are confiscated and will be spent on printing fliers with popularized extracts from the Manual... For your own benefit!

This is hopeless. Uncle Oboorez, tell them! They are bullying meeeee!!
2015_12_16_230554.jpg

Oboorez is non-plussed.
2015_12_16_230611.jpg

[Valorin in Inventory (Slave)]
- Hey you, algoid smell, what's that in your bay? That's a Valorin, you abject slave! The brave Hero is ready for feats, and you bring him to Ogorod!
- Get out of here while you're still alive! The stylish Geer'ah is waiting for you on the other end of Glorx. Don't linger, or else...

At least he doesn't hit me with heavy things, like his colleagues. Probably can't lift anything anymore because of his age! He just pushes me out with his long nose.
2015_12_16_230717.jpg

Hey! Transporting several wares at once was a perfectly fine idea! So what if it's not in the Manual? Is it so sacred it can bear no improvement!? Bullshit, I tell you!
2015_12_16_230738.jpg

[Repeatedly - Valorin in Inventory (Slave)]
- You five-legged clot! You don't show respect for the race of Beeboorats that raised you, abject freak. It's time for you to find out where the Heroes go and what they do there.
- Maybe you'll help some brave guy accomplish some feat. Guess you could never have dreamed of that, hehe... The next vanger's going to give you a ride to Lampasso!
[...]
- Wake up! I guess your fate hasn't yet come. No vanger is willing to take you to Lampasso, since they say you're all wet and dirty. Guess they're right... And while I was watering the shrubs some raffas filched your mechos and stuff. Well, keep your chin up: at least you're still alive. Now you'll remember the Manual better!

We have a new mechos now! This improves our Dominance by leaps and bounds!
2015_12_16_230857.jpg

It is kind of small and jumpy. And we have no money. And no cargo. And no anything.

I will drive/hop/float straight to Boorawchick to tell him everything that I think about their Buro, their Manual, and the Beeboorats in general!
2015_12_16_230946.jpg

Oh. Right. My rubbox was in my previous mechos, and the thief made away with it.
2015_12_16_231019.jpg

[Slave ruBeecation]
- To the Buro: Boorawchick reporting. Observed a fugitive mite. Initiating ruBeecation.
- Slave! You are being put under the command of the Fugitive Vangers Enslaving Department. All of your property has been confiscated as illegally gained.
- I am your esteemed Beeboorat instructor. I hereby label you with a
Rubbox. Take care of it, as it's the color of our banner! Whoever loses it will be ruBeecated again.
- Everything you do is totally controlled by the Buro. Always fear. Study the Manual.
- Attention for orders! Drive Valorins to Lampasso. Disobedience is strictly punished. The Buro needs obedient Slaves.
- To the Buro: The new Slave adapted. Boorawchick out.

Boorawchick is unknowingly citing a poem by Stepan Shchipachov, "The Pioneer's scarf":
When they give you the red scarf
Take good care of it
For it is of one color
With our banner.

And under this banner
The soldiers go to war;
Our brothers and Fathers
Fight for their Homeland.

He solemnly gives us the rubbox and allows us in the shop to put it on.
2015_12_16_231328.jpg

Um... I think there is something missing since our last visit here, but I can't put my finger on it.
2015_12_16_231350.jpg

Perhaps the Manual is not the worst thing to follow, after all... Ah, hindsight 20/20.
So, Codex. We seem to have lost our mechos, our money, and our cargo. And everything. We have become raffa. Probably because you were neglecting tabutasks.

But we have raised our Dominance to new heights in the process! Always look for a silver lining!

What now, though?

1) Pray to the Infernals to employ their dark powers once more and restore the Universe to an earlier state. So what if we have to promise our soul to the Casual God?
2) Persevere and rise to power from the bottom of the pecking order. We will become a living legend... if we survive for more than a few seconds! Raffas are not known to be terribly sturdy...
3) Freeform (specify).

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
That's what you get for disobeying the authorities and laws. I told ye to play by the rules.

2) Persevere and rise to power from the bottom of the pecking order. We will become a living legend... if we survive for more than a few seconds! Raffas are not known to be terribly sturdy...

C&C, men.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom