Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Impressions after finishing F4

potatojohn

Arcane
In terms of structured decision making, you have the four factions to join but it doesn't sound like you have as many minor choices as were available in New Vegas.
This is a great example of availability bias. It sounds like you're very familiar with New Vegas and at the same time you haven't actually played Fallout 4. It's easy for you to recall choices from NV and hard (impossible) from Fallout 4, so your mind concludes that Fallout 4 must have fewer even though you have no rational reason to believe that.

Bashar

Literate
You may have misinterpreted my previous post. I don't doubt the presence or even the quantity of structured decision making in Fallout 4, just its nuance. The reviews I've read, and I've read the full spectrum from major gaming sites to respected bloggers to forum posters, largely lament that choices within a quest come down to killing a character or not killing them, that this choice is dependent solely on Charisma score, and frustration that some encounters feel railroaded in the face of plausible alternatives. If there's a quest that gives you the variety of options as the Misfits quest, I'm very interested in hearing about it. I don't mind a spoiler if it piques my interest in the game.

potatojohn

Arcane
Sure. There's a faction mission later where you're given an objective, and you can optionally inform two of the faction's enemies (if you're part of them).

If you don't inform them, you can do the mission stealthily for the given faction.
If you inform one, you can do it stealthily for the given faction or you can kill the NPC that's with you and do it for the other faction.
If you inform both, combat breaks out between all three parties and you choose which one to back.

When you go to report to the faction, if you betrayed them you can either tell the truth (you become an enemy) or bluff (if you have the charisma) and continue your relationship with them.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I've come to the conclusion from posts in this thread by those who espouse the virtues of Fallout 4, that even the most foolish person alone with no previous instruction (which is truly astonishing) may have discovered their own 'urn' in the world.

Furthermore, through the most rudimentary of analysis, it is possible to answer a critical question that has never before been posted, let alone answered. Something else remains to think about, which perhaps no one else has considered up to this point. It remains, namely, to ask whether as the number of observations increases with Fallout 4, the probability increases of obtaining the true ratio between numbers of cases in which some event can happen and not happen, such that this probability may eventually exceed any given degree of certainty. Or whether anyone would care to even try and find out playing this game if any number of events had an outcome in this metaphorical lottery.

If there is a prize in this metaphorical lottery with playing Fallout 4, then we can always look at something like an urn. What do we hope when we put our hand in the urn to pull out in return? The certainty that whoever may have put anything in the urn will know that you were foolish enough to put your hand in the urn in the first place.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone who is caught paying for FO4 should be banned!

:incline:-ed; Myself demoed this shit played derped for few hours with power armor and base building and then applied the uninstall.exe mod to remove this boring banal shit from premises; while Morrowind, Skyrim and even FO3 are fun time sinks/Hike sims even without the mods this one was like playing with fan made mod of FNV... Done by our Komrade Prosper no less... If I wanted to play :popamole:shootah with Lazors and Awesome Hero would play Ass Effect again instead of this Oblivion with Guns.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
F1/2 had a much worse interface.
Granted those also had 1/10 of the features and content of F4 so it wasn't as noticeable.
Am I really reading it? F4 has 10 times more features and content than F1/F2?
Just wow.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
abe12780b4.png

Yes I plastered the bethestard's avatars on the protagonists, but your retardation doesn't deserve anything more thoughtful.

Sykar

Arcane
Anyone who is caught paying for FO4 should be banned!

:incline:-ed; Myself demoed this shit played derped for few hours with power armor and base building and then applied the uninstall.exe mod to remove this boring banal shit from premises; while Morrowind, Skyrim and even FO3 are fun time sinks/Hike sims even without the mods this one was like playing with fan made mod of FNV... Done by our Komrade Prosper no less... If I wanted to play :popamole:shootah with Lazors and Awesome Hero would play Ass Effect again instead of this Oblivion with Guns.

You are a brave man for even considering it.

baturinsky

Arcane

typical user

Arbiter
So yeah I did finish the game after 100hours. Don't know why I didn't rush through it. Maybe I expected this one quest that would have good writting or a character that would blow me away in the end like Master or Lou or Frank "I still Action Points left for more of that shit" Horrigan but that didn't happen.

I am going to be honest and the best this game has to offer is that fight with deathclaw in power armor in first hours of this game. Everything else is just single player asian MMO with grinding XP doing stupid shit. Every quest is a fedex errand. You are ordered to do things that make no sense, travel across Boston to locations that are filled with mobs to trash on outside and when you get there you just have to murdermayhem anything that wants to whack you inside as well.

But what side quests this game has to offer?
-A kid in the fridge that survived for 200 fucking years without eating, taking shit and drinking and is ghoulified. You are also forced to release him because quest marker in your journal won't go away. This game treats you like an idiot all the time. But let's say you are dumb and fall for his stupid story and belive he is a kid that did survive atomic fire and isn't a thief or anything like that which would make sense. What are you then ordered to do? Find his parents that are also ghouls and reunite them. This thing is just so fucking stupid that I can't understand what idiot has written it and what bigger idiot gave it thumbs up and let it be coded and voice-recorded in the game.
-A ghoul that wants you drag your ass to llibrary full of supermutants and security bots established by some dead mercs because... she forgot to return a books before the war. Yes that kind shit is offered to you. At least you get XP and cash but still paying for crap like this is fucking dumb.
-A cat that escapes Vault 81. You aren't allowed to catch it as it runs away. The game expects you to be a moron and not deduce that this pile of fur is running away from screaming kid. You are instead ordered to talk to that kid so you get quest marker where that stupid cat is and then you are told to go speak to it so it's GPS switch in the ass flips to homerun and then you get XP for that nonsense.
-A guy that wants you to pick up can of paint because he is taking care of Diamond City wall of or some crap I didn't care about. He tells you that first he asked guards so it is implied it is dangerous work. Like other morons he doesn't mind sending someone to do some killing for stupid item that holds no fucking value.
-Other guy who is obsessed with baseball and orders you to pick up some baseball themed souvenirs because he can't do it for himself.
-A guy that is immortal because he drinks blood of his father that is imprisoned in Asylum because he has weird alien artifact from Arabia attached to his head making him nuts asking you to help with his family which is also immortal and dumb.
-A guy who tells you to get Silver Shroud costume to dress up like idiot and killing scums so to reforge his legend making others behave nice. He of course pays you for doing that stupid crap but doesn't mind you running unarmored and picking up fights with groups of raiders. All of that because he wants to be good! Ugh.
-A guy that is trapped by supermutants in Trinity Tower is using radio to call for help. When you get to him it is revealed he got trapped because he wanted to teach savage subhuman creatures culture by reading Shakespeare's books. Yes he is a moron like that. He is in cell with supermutant that tells him that he is alive only because of his distress signal people that want to rescue him come to die and end as a dinner for muties. He is this fucking dumb. Dumber than a mutant. At least in the end you can tell him that he is an idiot so Bethesda is partially aware of how ridiculous this quest is.
-A BoS guy that has suffered combat trauma by killing feral ghouls is stealing supplies to feed them underneath airport that those supply crates are stored. You can't reason with him. This quest is an invastigation for a nigger in Prydwen that wants to know who is responsible for stuff going missing. I thought that it would play same as the quest in New Vegas with stolen water but no. There is no invastigation at all. You are just ordered to talk to 3 persons with maybe 2 charisma checks and then you get bitchslapped with journal update to follow one guy to a basement where there is unavoided section of killing shit apart before getting to him. After that he goes berserk and attacks you so you can't tell him that he is idiot and should get his shit together.

And all those quests are made in same fashion: talk to quest giver > go to marked location > FUCKING KILL > return to quest giver for XP shower. The only variables is that sometimes you have to clear whole area sometimes you are accompanied by an NPC, sometimes you have to kill specific NPC or get an item and sometimes you have to clear more locations. And of course you fight either raiders or orcs or ghouls. Fighting bugs, mirelurks, radscorpions or deathclaws is rare but you do fight them in some quests. Not like it makes much difference anyway. And to make things worse 90% or perhpans 95% quests are like that. Quests that involve only talking are like two? Three maybe. I don't know but the best this game has to offer is a conflict between a drug dealer and some old woman that runs a bar and is in debt because she has son addicted to jet. You can talk to each one of them and persude them to calm their tits down. It is the only RPG quest at all in this game. Others I don't remember because are more dumb and further down the story.

And these are just side quests. The main quest. Oh god, where to begin. The whole plots starts with kidnapping of your son and death of your spouse. But that thing is cliche, you see a guy with deep voice who just murders your husband/wife because he is bad and badass and you need to have a reason for killing him. But that's poor excuse. Later on it is revealed that they are Institute folks and the question is: why do they murder the whole vault? Why don't they release from cryo-pods everyone and calmly educate them about outside world and offer shelter in CIT? Because they are morons.

It is later revealed that your son is leader of Institute and that you didn't get out of cryostasis because of pod malfunctioning but because your son remotely opened it. Don't know how but this is Bethesda game if you ask "how" then you are going to be kicked in the balls because you are asking wrong questions. Why he does so? To check you, to see if you are able to survive in wasteland. He isn't sending fucking help. He releases you after 60 years of his kidnapping because he wants to test you. But let's stop here. He probably releases you because it is revealed he has aggressive form of cancer and he probably wants to appoint you as new leader of Institute. It could be because he knows his organisation is full of bigger morons and hypocrites than him but it isn't mentioned anywhere so he wants you to be new leader just because.

And he is even bigger moron than that. If you side with Brotherhood of Steel (which I did) then he asks you why. Let's see what are things that Institute has done to make me realise the are the bad guys:
-Your dumbfuck son doesn't care for you. If he did he would send team sooner and actually explained what happened.
-Your son has made a synth looking like 10 year old him to fullfill his fetishes or make him sort of immortal, to test if they can replicate kids or just to please his father that lost him and he is now old and dying. But still it is nature defiling in my opinion.
-They are creating army of synths who are faster, stronger and desease resistant unlike humans. They are perfect assassins which can be disguised as normal people but who can turn into terminators by single voice command. They can also have bombs installed in their guts because they are robots, made with flesh tissue but really advandced nano electronics.
-Because synths are designed to mimic humans the need artificial intelligence. So synths have AI and are then enslaved. And are treated as dumb machines. And everyone wonders why they are escaping. It can't be bacause they are treated as dumb meat ordered to dig tunnels further down underground.
-They are creating supermutants with FEV. It isn't implied how orcs on ground level are created so I assume since Institute is the only faction in game with access to FEV. I am sceptical for DC muties to be smart enough to travel to Commonwealth because again they are giant orcs. And because in Bethesda thinking if someone has a biological virus then they are bad.
-They have infected with FEV Virgil as sort of punishment, because he is the only scientist that has gone rogue because he is probably the only intelligent person in the game to realise he has been working with morons. And he realises Railroad is full of idiots that are arguing whether or not liberate venind machines, terminals or toasters.
-They don't care for people outside and are living underground waiting for anything up on ground level to die.

After all of this crap he asks you this stupid question. He thinks they are good guys and are future of humanity. Good riddance you can blast his head open with 12 caliber pellet.

And rest of the story is like autistic Obsidian fan had a go at writting story. You are offered to work with one of 4 factions after you find your faggot son. In New Vegas after you deal with Benny you are offered 4 ways to deal with Battle of Hoover Dam. In New Vegas it is steady shift of action. In Fo4 after you find your son you can't ask him shit because of dialogue wheel that limits you to 4 options and is leaving you guessing which one will push conversetion forward and which will allow to ask him questions. After you are done with that he offers you work but you can leave at any time. Which makes me wonder why should my character do anything like this? He found his son and he doesn't have any further goal. Of course you character is retarded even with 10 intelligence because you may ask what synth is even when you had to deal with synth detective to discover a way to get to the damn place. But it is here where story just breaks. In New Vegas you get platinum chip or are offered work to get it or fight Mr. House who wants to get it. After that your character realises he went too far to back off and can try to decide fate of New Vegas. You clearly are showed purpose. But in Fallout 4 you are just left with quests because someone realised this game would end too soon. Which is still short if you storm through all of that.

But this game isn't bad. I know. I should just go and die because I didn't say this game is shit. But it isn't. Unlike Fo3 and Skyrim, Fo4 has crafting and decent gunplay so I am not bored to the point of giving up and deleting this game. It has ATROCIOUS writting but when you ignore those dumbfucks and just wander around testing new weapons, crafting upgrades for your gear and forget how Fallout began then this game can be fun. It's like Far Cry 4 with fucking dumb story but still fun to play and unlike FC4 this game is somehow fresh but still remains Morrowind copy-paste. I don't know. I am retarded probably but I do enjoy playing it unless I go talk to people who want to offer me to do stupid shit because I am the only one capable of doing it. Then I go nuts. It's like smashing your hand with a hammer after few or so hits to the point when it is numb and you don't feel the pain.

So my point is if you ignore storytelling, dialogs and just pretend it is Call of Duty in post-apo then you will have good time. Otherwise you will be pissed. I was both happy and mad when playing this game. And it is something.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So yeah I did finish the game after 100hours. Don't know why I didn't rush through it. Maybe I expected this one quest that would have good writting or a character that would blow me away in the end like Master or Lou or Frank "I still Action Points left for more of that shit" Horrigan but that didn't happen.

I am going to be honest and the best this game has to offer is that fight with deathclaw in power armor in first hours of this game. Everything else is just single player asian MMO with grinding XP doing stupid shit. Every quest is a fedex errand. You are ordered to do things that make no sense, travel across Boston to locations that are filled with mobs to trash on outside and when you get there you just have to murdermayhem anything that wants to whack you inside as well.

-A kid in the fridge that survived for 200 fucking years without eating, taking shit and drinking and is ghoulified. You are also forced to release him because quest marker in your journal won't go away. This game treats you like an idiot all the time. But let's say you are dumb and fall for his stupid story and belive he is a kid that did survive atomic fire and isn't a thief or anything like that which would make sense. What are you then ordered to do? Find his parents that are also ghouls and reunite them. This thing is just so fucking stupid that I can't understand what idiot has written it and what bigger idiot gave it thumbs up and let it be coded and voice-recorded in the game.
-A ghoul that wants you drag your ass to llibrary full of supermutants and security bots established by some dead mercs because... she forgot to return a books before the war. Yes that kind shit is offered to you. At least you get XP and cash but still paying for crap like this is fucking dumb.
-A cat that escapes Vault 81. You aren't allowed to catch it as it runs away. The game expects you to be a moron and not deduce that this pile of fur is running away from screaming kid. You are instead ordered to talk to that kid so you get quest marker where that stupid cat is and then you are told to go speak to it so it's GPS switch in the ass flips to homerun and then you get XP for that nonsense.
-A guy that wants you to pick up can of paint because he is taking care of Diamond City wall of or some crap I didn't care about. He tells you that first he asked guards so it is implied it is dangerous work. Like other morons he doesn't mind sending someone to do some killing for stupid item that holds no fucking value.
-Other guy who is obsessed with baseball and orders you to pick up some baseball themed souvenirs because he can't do it for himself.
-A guy that is immortal because he drinks blood of his father that is imprisoned in Asylum because he has weird alien artifact from Arabia attached to his head making him nuts asking you to help with his family which is also immortal and dumb.
-A guy who tells you to get Silver Shroud costume to dress up like idiot and killing scums so to reforge his legend making others behave nice. He of course pays you for doing that stupid crap but doesn't mind you running unarmored and picking up fights with groups of raiders. All of that because he wants to be good! Ugh.
-A guy that is trapped by supermutants in Trinity Tower is using radio to call for help. When you get to him it is revealed he got trapped because he wanted to teach savage subhuman creatures culture by reading Shakespeare's books. Yes he is a moron like that. He is in cell with supermutant that tells him that he is alive only because of his distress signal people that want to rescue him come to die and end as a dinner for muties. He is this fucking dumb. Dumber than a mutant. At least in the end you can tell him that he is an idiot so Bethesda is partially aware of how ridiculous this quest is.
-A BoS guy that has suffered combat trauma by killing feral ghouls is stealing supplies to feed them underneath airport that those supply crates are stored. You can't reason with him. This quest is an invastigation for a nigger in Prydwen that wants to know who is responsible for stuff going missing. I thought that it would play same as the quest in New Vegas with stolen water but no. There is no invastigation at all. You are just ordered to talk to 3 persons with maybe 2 charisma checks and then you get bitchslapped with journal update to follow one guy to a basement where there is unavoided section of killing shit apart before getting to him. After that he goes berserk and attacks you so you can't tell him that he is idiot and should get his shit together.

And all those quests are made in same fashion: talk to quest giver > go to marked location > FUCKING KILL > return to quest giver for XP shower. The only variables is that sometimes you have to clear whole area sometimes you are accompanied by an NPC, sometimes you have to kill specific NPC or get an item and sometimes you have to clear more locations. And of course you fight either raiders or orcs or ghouls. Fighting bugs, mirelurks, radscorpions or deathclaws is rare but you do fight them in some quests. Not like it makes much difference anyway. And to make things worse 90% or perhpans 95% quests are like that. Quests that involve only talking are like two? Three maybe. I don't know but the best this game has to offer is a conflict between a drug dealer and some old woman that runs a bar and is in debt because she has son addicted to jet. You can talk to each one of them and persude them to calm their tits down. It is the only RPG quest at all in this game. Others I don't remember because are more dumb and further down the story.

And these are just side quests. The main quest. Oh god, where to begin. The whole plots starts with kidnapping of your son and death of your spouse. But that thing is cliche, you see a guy with deep voice who just murders your husband/wife because he is bad and badass and you need to have a reason for killing him. But that's poor excuse. Later on it is revealed that they are Institute folks and the question is: why do they murder the whole vault? Why don't they release from cryo-pods everyone and calmly educate them about outside world and offer shelter in CIT? Because they are morons.

It is later revealed that your son is leader of Institute and that you didn't get out of cryostasis because of pod malfunctioning but because your son remotely opened it. Don't know how but this is Bethesda game if you ask "how" then you are going to be kicked in the balls because you are asking wrong questions. Why he does so? To check you, to see if you are able to survive in wasteland. He isn't sending fucking help. He releases you after 60 years of his kidnapping because he wants to test you. But let's stop here. He probably releases you because it is revealed he has aggressive form of cancer and he probably wants to appoint you as new leader of Institute. It could be because he knows his organisation is full of bigger morons and hypocrites than him but it isn't mentioned anywhere so he wants you to be new leader just because.

And he is even bigger moron than that. If you side with Brotherhood of Steel (which I did) then he asks you why. Let's see what are things that Institute has done to make me realise the are the bad guys:
-Your dumbfuck son doesn't care for you. If he did he would send team sooner and actually explained what happened.
-Your son has made a synth looking like 10 year old him to fullfill his fetishes or make him sort of immortal, to test if they can replicate kids or just to please his father that lost him and he is now old and dying. But still it is nature defiling in my opinion.
-They are creating army of synths who are faster, stronger and desease resistant unlike humans. They are perfect assassins which can be disguised as normal people but who can turn into terminators by single voice command. They can also have bombs installed in their guts because they are robots, made with flesh tissue but really advandced nano electronics.
-Because synths are designed to mimic humans the need artificial intelligence. So synths have AI and are then enslaved. And are treated as dumb machines. And everyone wonders why they are escaping. It can't be bacause they are treated as dumb meat ordered to dig tunnels further down underground.
-They are creating supermutants with FEV. It isn't implied how orcs on ground level are created so I assume since Institute is the only faction in game with access to FEV. I am sceptical for DC muties to be smart enough to travel to Commonwealth because again they are giant orcs. And because in Bethesda thinking if someone has a biological virus then they are bad.
-They have infected with FEV Virgil as sort of punishment, because he is the only scientist that has gone rogue because he is probably the only intelligent person in the game to realise he has been working with morons. And he realises Railroad is full of idiots that are arguing whether or not liberate venind machines, terminals or toasters.
-They don't care for people outside and are living underground waiting for anything up on ground level to die.

After all of this crap he asks you this stupid question. He thinks they are good guys and are future of humanity. Good riddance you can blast his head open with 12 caliber pellet.

And rest of the story is like autistic Obsidian fan had a go at writting story. You are offered to work with one of 4 factions after you find your faggot son. In New Vegas after you deal with Benny you are offered 4 ways to deal with Battle of Hoover Dam. In New Vegas it is steady shift of action. In Fo4 after you find your son you can't ask him shit because of dialogue wheel that limits you to 4 options and is leaving you guessing which one will push conversetion forward and which will allow to ask him questions. After you are done with that he offers you work but you can leave at any time. Which makes me wonder why should my character do anything like this? He found his son and he doesn't have any further goal. Of course you character is retarded even with 10 intelligence because you may ask what synth is even when you had to deal with synth detective to discover a way to get to the damn place. But it is here where story just breaks. In New Vegas you get platinum chip or are offered work to get it or fight Mr. House who wants to get it. After that your character realises he went too far to back off and can try to decide fate of New Vegas. You clearly are showed purpose. But in Fallout 4 you are just left with quests because someone realised this game would end too soon. Which is still short if you storm through all of that.

But this game isn't bad. I know. I should just go and die because I didn't say this game is shit. But it isn't. Unlike Fo3 and Skyrim, Fo4 has crafting and decent gunplay so I am not bored to the point of giving up and deleting this game. It has ATROCIOUS writting but when you ignore those dumbfucks and just wander around testing new weapons, crafting upgrades for your gear and forget how Fallout began then this game can be fun. It's like Far Cry 4 with fucking dumb story but still fun to play and unlike FC4 this game is somehow fresh but still remains Morrowind copy-paste. I don't know. I am retarded probably but I do enjoy playing it unless I go talk to people who want to offer me to do stupid shit because I am the only one capable of doing it. Then I go nuts. It's like smashing your hand with a hammer after few or so hits to the point when it is numb and you don't feel the pain.

So my point is if you ignore storytelling, dialogs and just pretend it is Call of Duty in post-apo then you will have good time. Otherwise you will be pissed. I was both happy and mad when playing this game. And it is something.

You're just trolling and making this crap up, right?

Right?

No?

:0-13:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My impressions after playing this game for about 40 hours without touching the main quest is that it's really beautiful and chock-full of content but that content is not really that great so far.
Most of the sidequests were just very lame procedural quests that send you across the whole map without rhyme and reason, that's a step back from Skyrim which already had shitty sidequests with some very lazy procedurally generated ones among them, but not exclusively.
But I still have to arrive in a major town that's not occupied by raiders so I barely met non hostile NPCs. So maybe the map layout isn't really my taste, you start at a too remote location and it takes too long to arrive somewhere interesting ... reminds me of New Vegas btw.

The RPG system might not be dumbed down too much (the means to specialize your char are there) but it's kinda boring so far. Lots of +...% boni and other shit, barely any interesting mechanics to unlock with perks on the first 20 or so character levels.

I don't like Bethesda humor, it's just embarassing most of the time. So far there wasn't that much humor though so that's fine too. I just met some retarded shit talking ghoul with flatulence or sth in some ruin (not the refrigerator child, I intend to nuke that into orbit as soon as I meet it, I guess I'll have to download a mod to make children killable though) and that stupid housekeeping robot from the beginning.

Other than that I'm still having fun, it's quite okay when you see it as some kind of open world shooter like Borderlands or Far Cry, just in a different setting.

But I guess that mindset isn't en vogue on Codex, people just can't chillax here, they always have to bitch.
:neveraskedforthis:

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is a troll post if I have ever read one, or someone hacked potatojohn's account; this guy did lp of Misery, System Shock 2 on the highest difficulty and Death to Spies ffs...
He couldnt possibly be serious he liked Fallout 4

typical user

Arbiter

You're just trolling and making this crap up, right?

Right?

No?

:0-13:

So I should just bash this game like typical fanatic because it's story sucks and other elements somehow don't? Tell you what, Carmageddon also has shitty story but I did enjoy it. GTA San Andreas also has derpderp story but is one the best games I ever played. It's all about ignoring pathetic stuff and having fun. And then pointing what sucked so devs can improve.

But I did wrtie this to show that 3D Fallout has potential. People can and should criticize it because this game has 18+ sticker but developers from Bethesduh made it to be playable by 10 year old kids. And because Bethesda is full of retards that don't care about making solid games lasting for years. Skyrim is still being patched by fans while Bethesda is giving dick and ended official support for that game.

Unless you can't belive shit like this is in the game which sadly is. I was constantly wondering how much more I can endure but then I was reminded that I haven't upgraded my power armors so I kept playing it. So that's why this game isn't bad. But certainly it is great either. I will probably replay it to test some mods but will toss it aside like Fallout 3 which god, has even worse story. At least in Fo4 there is no shit like Little Lamplight and you aren't knight in shining armor giving purified water to some bums acting as karma dispensers.

typical user

Arbiter
Right, messed that up. Still he is pursued but Railroad is not until you step in. Kellogg is free to wander around and he could be tortured for information about the Institute or you could have found files with details about Glowing Sea and Virgil in his house. But still Institute is full of shit even without Virgil. People who side with them do so because they believe their character is going to change things. But that isn't implied in ending sequence. Nothing is implied. You are just served with Class B quote that your character is ready (for what? being put in cryo-pod again waking up in different world?) and he was made ready because "war never changes" (what has war or the "history is deemed to repeat itself" quote to do with shit PC endured?). Yes that are final words of main protagonist in final cutscene "But I am ready... Because I know war never changes".

Oh and about Bethesduh take on humor. What made me laugh in Fallout 4 was the quest where you had to rescue some guy from prison. You walk to guard and use your [CHARISMA] to persuade him by telling him that the guy you want free should be released. Yes, you can tell guard "You should free X". The guard should bash PC head but if you have high charisma he will say "You know him? Shit he served his time, so ok". That's the moment when I lost my shit because it was braindead moment on many levels. You could've bribe him, steal key to cell, persuade him that his shift is over while wearing guard's disguise or tell him captain of the guard wants to see him and you are just visiting or blast wall from the other side. But no, you are [charismatic] so you can just ask the guard to release him. It's like asking him if he wants to join his wife gangbang with sand-niggers or if he wants to hug irradiated deathclaw.

potatojohn

Arcane
I think it's shown pretty well that you're an outsider in the institute and at best a curiosity. Later when you're given a position the whole board is incredulous and there's even a rebellion in the biosciences division.

When you try to argue with the board you're basically overruled. They're set in their ways, and they're not going be convinced by some wastelander, no matter his familial affiliation. Which is fine, and at that point in the story you can still choose if you want to work with them despite this or if you want to join one of the other parties and take them down.

I remember being really confused when I first played Morrowind whether that person on the horizon (or in the random temple I was exploring) was a friendly or an enemy. I soon learned to appreciate Bethesda's penchant for making almost every non-city encounter combat oriented.

Is this still the case in Fallout 4?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom