Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

UglyBastard

Arcane
hail.gif
All hail to our new overlord, the uber powerful RENO JACKSON!
hail.gif

UglyBastard

Arcane
Classic Blizzard fail:

Just playing an Unearthed Raptor apparently has a chance to disconnect your opponent for a free win. They had to come up with something to make Rogue viable again, but this is going too far. :retarded:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:what::what::what:

So, that's why I got disconnected and lost that arena game against a rogue today, it happened right after he played the raptor.
Thanks Blizzard, I'll get back to just playing the brawls for free packs.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
As I understand they hotfixed another bug related to the raptor and cards like Brann and Shadowstep. This one is still in and supposedly can't be hotfixed and must wait for a patch.

L O L

Grubba

Arcane
Just more evidence that Brode and his dev team are in way over their heads. At least they had some foresight and self-awareness when they announced there wouldn't be a new wing this week because of Thanksgiving. They know that there's a high probability of the game breaking when new cards are released and having it happen over a holiday break would be a catastrophic PR nightmare for them.

This Unearthed Raptor bug has to be the worst so far, right? Has any bug in the past caused the game to crash?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I read there was a bug with Tracking that was kinda similar to this one, but I don't know the details.
Regardless, it shows how much playtesting they actually do. I mean, fuck, if you did any sort of reasonable playtesting with the cards you create you would find bugs like these that cause disconnects and crashes, right? Instead it seems that, similar to how the game works, they throw in some random numbers and hope they stick. This is how you come with up with retarded shit like Mysterious Dr. Boom.

UglyBastard

Arcane
As I understand they hotfixed another bug related to the raptor and cards like Brann and Shadowstep. This one is still in and supposedly can't be hotfixed and must wait for a patch.

L O L

This is correct. There was another retarded bug with Raptor that could crash the game if you stack too many deathrattles on him which was apparently hotfixed. The one where it disconnects your opponent when you play it is still in the game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Btw, how the hell would that work with Shadowstep? If you shadowstep the raptor doesn't he lose the deathrattle he got?

GrainWetski

Arcane
Summoning Stone completely destroys today's Brawl, by the way. The spells cost 0 but you still get full mana for the summons. It's silly.

Pretty weird that I haven't seen anyone else use them so far.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fuck, a create-your-deck Brawl. And I have three 60g dailies... guess I got to do it the shit way in ranked.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow this really was the shittiest tavern brawl yet. RNG combined with create your own deck.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
tfw even when you're ridiculously drunk you can still farm arena on the EU server LOL

Shammy

Learned
Pretty meh brawl, just play Mage with Wyrms, Spellbender, Flamewakers, Counterspell, Archmage, and whatever the fuck else and you'll cheese harder than cheddar.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
't is indeed. Amusingly enough with all the new OP talk it's not my best-performing class since TGT (Pally second), that'd be Warlock with 7.21 wins per arena average. I sometimes wonder why the averages of Warlock is so damn low on the typical tracking sites.
Good stuff, followed up 12-0 Paladin with 12-0 Warlock. Just the standard zooey opening and random lategame, little special about it but for four Dark Peddlers. Dark Peddler, like many (all?) discover cards, is opieopie in arena.

I'm digging League of Explorers. Gonna be curious to jump into arena with druid when they have all their LoE cards, it's already among my top-performing classes (with Pally, Warlock and Rogue), it should get a nice bump from Raven Idol.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Talking about arena, I recently found this hilariously lame oldschool deck in my Asia account sitting at 0/0 (it was drafted in GvG era):

lFn5nLi.jpg

3zOOJNT.jpg

You can't draft shit like this anymore these days. It was an amusing run. I could really taste the tears of my opponents, naively thinking that they won't get flamestriked a 3rd or 4th time. Grabbing the board early and then just flamestriking turn 7/8/9 turned out to be pretty good as well.

My favorite moment was when my opponent played a Spellslinger, giving me a fifth Flamestrike. :smug:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guise how does the rope work?

Sometimes the next turn after rope goes boom is much faster. Sometimes it isn't. Sometimes rope goes boom and next turn I win with the "Your opponent has left" message. Sometimes I have to actually kill the dude even though he isn't moving for 5 or 6 turns.

Any insight?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom