Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hm, I think the light around the plates is red and when you step on them it goes green. Maybe I'm mistaken but there's a big stone door with all four symbols underneath it and tnose definitely light up green as you step on the appropriate plates. And you don't have to stand on the plates, just step on them.

If nothing anywhere lights up green then something must be glitchy.

Something's definetely glitchy then. Stepped multiple times on the earth plate yet nothing lights up on the door.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Something's definetely glitchy then. Stepped multiple times on the earth plate yet nothing lights up on the door.

Shit now I remembered something was glitchy in my game with those symbols too. There are 2 sets of the big doors with the elemental symbols and I think one of the set didn't light up in my game as well. Seems you have a bit different but related glitch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sounds like they made that end temple even more annoying than it was before. :M

It's a shame we now live in the age of enhanced editions that downgrade as much as they upgrade.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Fuck me. I'm really at a nearly-fed-up-with-the-game stage, but I'm so close to the end. y u make dis shit larian

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Had they made those doors immune to tenebrium? And wasn't there option to present 30 inert stones to bypass it, did they fix that too? Because yeah, I remember that properly going through the source temple was incredibly boring.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not even inside the temple. There are some elemental puzzles blocking the path, that's what we're discussing

And yeah, they're immune.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Sounds like they made that end temple even more annoying than it was before. :M

It's a shame we now live in the age of enhanced editions that downgrade as much as they upgrade.
Gamers are stupid. All they want is content, no matter how bad. No developer would ever cut content from their game, yet that's exactly what both Larian and inXile should have done with their EEs. But they won't, because if the game was shorter, how could it be better? heurhuhrhh

Zetor

Arcane
They remade the temple puzzle and many of the encounters from that point on pretty much 100%, yeah. That said, I didn't have any problems with it, maybe I got lucky.

Did you move a character to the door to check the lights? I know that the lights didn't update for me when I looked at the door from afar, but after sending a character there I could see the "real" status. I could approach one of the plates with a key found outside, another through the fire floor deathtrap room, and two others (one directly, one indirectly) by repositioning some statues outside the temple to a circle. As cvv said, stepping on a plate once should be enough (but you do need to step on it with a character, iirc).

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ Yeah. I'm trying with a full area reload now to check if that does anything.

EDIT: The fire plate is the only one I couldn't get to (all gates leading into it are locked), I activated all the others though it had no effect on the stone door's lighting (they're still red on all four).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
^ Yeah. I'm trying with a full area reload now to check if that does anything.

EDIT: The fire plate is the only one I couldn't get to (all gates leading into it are locked), I activated all the others though it had no effect on the stone door's lighting (they're still red on all four).

Have you tried to walk up close to the door? Apparently sometimes the lights don't light up but the door open anyway.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Have you tried to walk up close to the door? Apparently sometimes the lights don't light up but the door open anyway.

well don't i feel stupid now, this is exactly what happened. All red, openend regardless

Aenra

Raze
Any info you guys'd like to share about the editor? Assuming it's been discussed that is?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finished. Definetely a much, much better single-player game than CO-OP game. For #2, unless they do something radical to the CO-OP, I suspect that will remain the same.

The last third of the game is still a horrendous slog. I dare say the game would benefit from being even more focused on the combat than it already is. It is ultimately the glue that holds the experience together, and it stagnates due to a complete lack of evolution of skills and new tactics already halfway through the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finished. Definetely a much, much better single-player game than CO-OP game. For #2, unless they do something radical to the CO-OP, I suspect that will remain the same.

The last third of the game is still a horrendous slog. I dare say the game would benefit from being even more focused on the combat than it already is. It is ultimately the glue that holds the experience together, and it stagnates due to a complete lack of evolution of skills and new tactics already halfway through the game.

This. As someone already said, game needed some content cutting very, very badly. Over 100 hours of gameplay is fine when the content makes good on them but I'm pretty sure gamers would be perfectly fine with 70 balanced hours too.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I concur.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
One of the hardest things in an art form which isn't immediate (paintings, sculptures etc.) is to have a beginning, middle and end (Initio, Motus and Terminus). Larian always seem to struggle with the end. A lot of games are like this actually - VtMB, KotOR2, *cough* BiowEAre in general, but they suck at everything *cough*. They either seem to run out of time or money (not in BWs case), or creativity, or whatever. It's surprisingly hard to wrap up everything by the end of whatever artistic thing you are doing, but it's not impossible, far from it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Or you can be like Obsidian and let the fans finish it for you. :smug:

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Halp please! I can't
figure out how to get to the air switch to enter the source temple. I've gotten the water and fire switches, but the air one (that is just behind a gate)... no luck. I can't throw a teleport pyramid through the gate or teleport one of my girls. Looking around for a key or something, but nothing. Hint please?

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Halp please! I can't
figure out how to get to the air switch to enter the source temple. I've gotten the water and fire switches, but the air one (that is just behind a gate)... no luck. I can't throw a teleport pyramid through the gate or teleport one of my girls. Looking around for a key or something, but nothing. Hint please?
You do have the teleport spell, right?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: if it works. Cause it seems so obvious that I did not offer it as a possible solution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom