Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - The Final Nights 1.4

Mustawd

I expect to be compensated by a shout out on the mod credits. If not I will find you and have sex with your mom.

See below. Blue is for language you already have posted. Green is for items you need to fill out (I think I read somewhere that you're part of a dev team?).

Hi RPGwatch! My name is Zer0Morph and I’m a modder for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Specifically, I’m part of [XYZ] mod team, and we have developed a mod called The Final Nights (TFN for short). The most up to date version, TFN build 1.4, will be released to the public on October XX, 20XX. The mod overhauls some mechanics of the vanilla version, while adding plenty of new and original content.

One of the first things you may notice in the title is that the "B" is missing from VTMB, this is not an accident. The Final Nights is an expansion to an otherwise flawless video game built upon the success of the Camarilla Edition series of mods. The "B" has been removed because this expansion can no longer bare the name Bloodlines as it is so far removed from the original game as to warrant the name change. The idea behind this expansion is, and always will be the notion of a completely new experience unlike we've seen so far. With 7 completely brand new clans, 5 new disciplines, extra quests, new NPCs, new game mechanics and new music, the features seem endless. All of this is being built upon the Camarilla Edition series incorporating such things as the blood timer system, pedestrian blood dolls, and the new combat system. Combined we feel the name Bloodlines must be removed from this game, and thus we now simply have "The Final Nights".

We're extremely excited to be releasing this new build to all the VtMB fans out there who would like to experience the same world in a different way. I've posted an interview below for more detailed information on the mod as well as our upcoming Twitch streams. You can also visit us at www.CamarillaEdition.DarkBB.com for details such as patch notes and other updates.

Thanks a ton for taking the time to read about TFN, and we look forward to any feedback you may have!

Zer0Morph

Novice
Thanks Gravedigger! So you're basically saying write it out more like a letter with bullet points as opposed to a flashy advertisement?

Typical Hoosier Alumni. Having someone smarter than him do all the work and claim it as his own.

We have a joke in Northern Indiana that goes:

What do IU students and Purdue students have in common? They both were accepted to IU.
Except I wouldn't claim it as my own, but yeah, here in Indy we do have that joke floating around. ;)

These are some nice tweaks.

Hopefully the new NPCs, Quest alterations, number changes, loot relocations, lore, diciplines, classes and remaining gameplay tweaks don't suck.
You should check it out, then post your thoughts on our forum so the community can read. Many of the TFN ideas didn't even come from me but rather the community. Even Wesp has helped with bug fixes and ideas for TFN. I may be the lead designer but I take community ideas pretty seriously and have even implemented a few things into TFN that I originally didn't want, simply because everyone else wanted it. It's been a fun 5 years making it! ;)

Zer0Morph

Novice
Wow Mustawd, that was pretty good man! I just checked and I can't edit my posts here or at RPGWatch. :(

What should I do?

Gravedigger

Literate
Thanks Gravedigger! So you're basically saying write it out more like a letter with bullet points as opposed to a flashy advertisement?

Duh.
Being straight to the point is a good thing. You can only be flashy if you want to hype people, but what's the point in doing that if people have no idea what's the fuss about? It worked wonders in your forum, because they are your fans. Here, you should've have had a different approach.

Mustawd

Wow Mustawd, that was pretty good man! I just checked and I can't edit my posts here or at RPGWatch. :(

What should I do?

Kill yourself Just PM the moderators and ask them if they could change the post for you.

Zer0Morph

Novice
Being straight to the point is a good thing. You can only be flashy if you want to hype people, but what's the point in doing that if people have no idea what's the fuss about? It worked wonders in your forum, because they are your fans. Here, you should've have had a different approach.
You make a good point, Grave.

Kill yourself Just PM the moderators and ask them if they could change the post for you.
Kill mys....?!? O.O ;)

I'll see what I can do.

Gravedigger

Literate

What should I do?

Ask a moderator or admin.
What else? Tell people they are welcome to join your forum, so they can discuss the changes.
That is, if you didn't scare them with some kind of "we will delete your posts" ...

Mustawd

Also, I'd make a final tweak:

Specifically, I’m the lead developer of the [XYZ] mod team, and we have....

Mustawd

If you remember....

Yeah, that false advertising shit triggered me pretty hard. But mod seems kind of cool.

Michael, you might want to re-take Marketing 101. First rule? Know your audience. Seriously. Your staged "interview" tells me you and your buddy, Zer0morph, don't know what the fuck they're doing. Not only have you failed at positively marketing this mod, but you now have insulted my intelligence with some fake ass interview and some fake ass twich ad.

Go fuck yourselves. I hope your campaign dies in a fire.

Just trying to help avoid any more fake interviews. That shit pissed me off.

Zer0Morph

Novice
Also, I'd make a final tweak:

Specifically, I’m the lead developer of the [XYZ] mod team, and we have....
I haven't emailed the moderators yet so I'll fit that in. Thanks!

Amazing turn of events
I know right? It's like we're all pulling in the same direction, I love it! ;)

If you remember....

Except that it wasn't fake.

Mustawd

Except that it wasn't fake.

Fake as in staged interview. The person being interviewed and the publisher of the interview are one in the same. Personally, I think it's tacky, (especially with all the "wow!"s) but whatever. It's how you've decided to market your mod. And it does have a lot of info on it.

But just blanket posting that with no intro is pretty jarring and confusing. It's like you're telling the audience they're dumb enough to buy that the "interview" is not marketing material you've put together.

You could have posted something similar in a FAQ format and it would have been much much better:

Q: When will the mod be released and why did you choose that timing?
A: It's being released on December 7, 2015 because that's when Mustawd is going to bang my mom. So we wanted to commemorate that with a mod release.

At least you're up front that it's a press release. You still need an intro.

Zer0Morph

Novice
If you remember....

Fake as in staged interview. The person being interviewed and the publisher of the interview are one in the same. Personally, I think it's tacky, (especially with all the "wow!"s) but whatever. It's how you've decided to market your mod. And it does have a lot of info on it.

But just blanket posting that with no intro is pretty jarring and confusing. It's like you're telling the audience they're dumb enough to buy that the "interview" is not marketing material you've put together.

You could have posted something similar in a FAQ format and it would have been much much better:

At least you're up front that it's a press release. You still need an intro.
I guess I can't convince you that it wasn't staged but rather my friend Michael and I have known each other since sophomore year in 1996. He also interviewed me back in Feb. 2015 for the 1.3 release, and since we've known each other for so long we tend to not take the interview stuff seriously. But again, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

But yeah, posting all of that stuff without an intro was pretty jarring and confusing, I agree. Which moderator should I contact for a change? Got anyone in mind?

Mustawd

I guess I can't convince you that it wasn't staged but rather my friend Michael and I have known each other since sophomore year in 1996. He also interviewed me back in Feb. 2015 for the 1.3 release, and since we've known each other for so long we tend to not take the interview stuff seriously. But again, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

But yeah, posting all of that stuff without an intro was pretty jarring and confused, I agree. Which moderator should I contact for a change? Got anyone in mind?

News Jew Infinitron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gravedigger

Literate

That, or took for granted that people knew what the mod was about!

Zer0Morph

Novice
Infinitron.
Cool thanks! I'll hit him up.

I admit my skills lie in modding and game design, not marketing, lol. I do appreciate the points you've mentioned and I see the wisdom in them. I'll be changing a few things in the future in regards to marketing TFN, mainly due to your observations and ideas. :)

Zer0Morph

Novice
Don't point people at me for things like this. Only reason I'm even awake now is Paris.

If you want something changed in a post, report that post.
What should I say in the report? It's a pretty small text box.

Were you affected by Paris? If so, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Zer0Morph is your mod compatible with Wesp's patch? Should I install your mod over Wesp's or does it already contain Wesp's fixes? I want to try your mod, but I wouldn't want to play without Wesp's stuff.

Gravedigger

Literate
If I recall corretly, it's not compatible.
But ever since Windows got updated, many instalation errors have appeared - to address it, TFN will come with a special .exe to fix them. It's the same Wesp uses!

You should ask that at their forum, there's a chance he won't come back anymore.

Zer0Morph

Novice
Zer0Morph is your mod compatible with Wesp's patch? Should I install your mod over Wesp's or does it already contain Wesp's fixes? I want to try your mod, but I wouldn't want to play without Wesp's stuff.
Actually The Final Nights was based upon unofficial Patch 6.4 and at that point, we began doing our own bug fixes. Most of the bugs were fixed by UP 6.4 so all of those fixes carried over to TFN.

As far as the DRM issues with Windows 7,8, and 10, Wesp gave us permission to use the DRM-FREE .exe file and .dlls in TFN 1.4 so those won't be an issue with this new update either. We've been running Alpha testing on 1.4 day and night and it runs very smoothly. :)

Zer0Morph

Novice
The drama in this thread died and so the thread died with it.

*Thinking of ways to stir up Twu-bble* :hug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom