Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Turns out I have my own guild on the Red Eclipse, "The Cynical Armada", 24 members. Guess I inherited it. But most of my chars are on Tomb of Freedom Nadd unfortunately.
Is your guild active? I wouldn't mind switching over, not a big deal. But if it's not active I can get "mine" going a bit.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
It's inactive, doubt anything will happen to it. Doesn't even have a guild bank. Have a 38 operative on Red Eclipse, highest alt I have besides my cavalcade of characters on Freedom Nadd. Could /gquit and join your sect, but the odds of me abandoning my buckets of credits and legacy perks are slim.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It's inactive, doubt anything will happen to it. Doesn't even have a guild bank. Have a 38 operative on Red Eclipse, highest alt I have besides my cavalcade of characters on Freedom Nadd. Could /gquit and join your sect, but the odds of me abandoning my buckets of credits and legacy perks are slim.
I believe moving a server does a copy and paste of your Legacy. You'll have both Legacies, but what you do on one Legacy won't affect the other after the server change and copy & paste. No idea bout credits. Maybe just shvoe all your creds onto one character. Will need to do more research.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's just me and Codexia (who the fuck are you here btw?) right now
Me obviously. :salute:
But I am currently spending my little time hating newspaper building wasteland settlements and popping molerats in powerarmor with Zoe Dexia (Codexia wasn't a recorded name. DECLINE!), so don't expect me a lot in the nearest future. Also my only "unfinished" toons are pubs, so we would need a pub guild as well. Sucks that SWTOR doesn't have a cross chat like STO has...
But my toons are mostly 55-65 already, so I give you a headstart keeping up.

I believe moving a server does a copy and paste of your Legacy. You'll have both Legacies, but what you do on one Legacy won't affect the other after the server change and copy & paste. No idea bout credits. Maybe just shvoe all your creds onto one character. Will need to do more research.
It copies over you legacy content and combines it. When I copied over my Sniper to TRE, I got everything unlocked I had on the server EA dumped me on, but the legacy kept the name of my first char on TRE. Not that it was much, since I did most of my playtime before legacy. He kept everything he had in his inventory, bank and the moneys I pooled on that char. But your mailbox isn't copied over, so claim every attachment you have before migrating.
Clicking on somefag's ref link gives you a free char transfer anyway, and 90 Cybershekelz to move back wouldn't be a big deal.

HOWEVER!
If you copy over your char from a legacy that has already unlocked all those little things rewarding 20 Cybershekels, you may lock yourself out of gaining those again.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Me obviously. :salute:
But I am currently spending my little time hating newspaper building wasteland settlements and popping molerats in powerarmor with Zoe Dexia (Codexia wasn't a recorded name. DECLINE!), so don't expect me a lot in the nearest future. Also my only "unfinished" toons are pubs, so we would need a pub guild as well. Sucks that SWTOR doesn't have a cross chat like STO has...
But my toons are mostly 55-65 already, so I give you a headstart keeping up.
Lol... I'm level 57 and I have just gotten to Corellia.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Clicking on somefag's ref link gives you a free char transfer anyway, and 90 Cybershekelz to move back wouldn't be a big deal.

Okay, as for Guild Stuffies:

Matt has joined us. So that's Matt, Bililablilabli, and me on TRE. If anything, Sulimo, feel free to join and dick around with a new alt or something. Branching storyline in Agent might be worth a replay, it tempted me.

Guild Stronghold

Also I myself have 400k, so I can easily just grab us the one on Kaas (50k).

If anyone else has money to pool in:
Nar Shadaa - 2mil
Tatooine - 15mil
(though IMO Stronghold location doesn't matter, it's really just easy travel to fleet, starship, and the city your stronghold is located in. And I don't think there's much different in benefit going to Tatooine or Nar Shadaa or Kaas)

Guild Bank

Costs 800k. I can get that in a week after my auctions go through, or after I get to post Chapter-content.

The BIG MOMMA - Guild Flagship

50mil.
Nneed a guild bank, but we'll have one already anyways.
Need 4 accounts. So we need one more. (*cough* Sulimo... well eventually, when we get the 50) Then again if Bliblablubb is correct, a copy and paste will not lose you any credits on your Freedon Nadd character. Also you'd keep all your perks and shit on your Freedon Nadd version so I suppose it's not much of a loss given that you can still go back to playing your Freedon Nadd character.

My thoughts are not to get the Tatooine Stronghold because 15mil cuts into the Flagship budget a lot. Also, if we want the Nar Shadaa stronghold, we should go for the bank first.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne just fucking join us. You played before right? You'll be Preferred and not need to pay for a subscription. And it's ridiculously easy to level now. We can just send you whatever weekly passes or shit as necessary if you really want to be active.

It'd be nice to run some non-pub Hard mode Heroics when we're at max and geared up.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
lol I'm 2600-2600 Neutral

Sokay my Consular will be Darkside

I wanted to be Darkside on my Knight but the DS options are so fucking Chaotic Evil. At least fucking make some sense like the Trooper. (My JK has like, less IQ than Jaesa)

Deleted member 7219

I'm fairly active in SWTOR at the moment. I want to complete the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler class stories. Might do Consultard on DS if I can be bothered, but I'll definitely do the other two.

I'll also keep doing the KotFE chapters on my main as they get released, so I'm happy to help out with guildie stuff as needed.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vaarna_Aarne just fucking join us. You played before right? You'll be Preferred and not need to pay for a subscription. And it's ridiculously easy to level now. We can just send you whatever weekly passes or shit as necessary if you really want to be active.

It'd be nice to run some non-pub Hard mode Heroics when we're at max and geared up.
Nope, haven't played before.

But I just don't have time and energy for another MMO. At least not until I've cleared more backlog, done with STO's latest event, done with NWO's Mod 8, and re-grinded Grindframe up to date (though at this point its mostly just down to making and building a near-BiS Amprex).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Nope, haven't played before.

But I just don't have time and energy for another MMO. At least not until I've cleared more backlog, done with STO's latest event, done with NWO's Mod 8, and re-grinded Grindframe up to date (though at this point its mostly just down to making and building a near-BiS Amprex).
Warframe? Really? FFS

hakuroshi

Augur
I'm on Red Eclipse. Not interested in any group activity, but if you need people to fill prerequisite in guild I can spare a character :)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Also, can a dude larp a Tusken Raider through almost the entire game?
Pretty sure you can pay cyberchekels for an outfit. Then play a Jedi Consular-Shadow or a Sith Inquisitor-Assassin and use an Electrostaff. Alternatively there's a Gamorrean Axe you can buy with cybershekels, so you can use that with a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior. Even funnier is that you'll be able to dual wield the axe if you play the Sentinel or Marauder advanced classes.

Now I want to do that.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah, a Tusken Raider would be perfectly fine with a lightsaber. EDIT: Also
5nurud.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Guild Stronghold

Also I myself have 400k, so I can easily just grab us the one on Kaas (50k).

If anyone else has money to pool in:
Nar Shadaa - 2mil
I hauled my Sniper over with about 1 million potatos, so give me a call if you lack funds and I quickly log in and send them over.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Pretty sure you can pay cyberchekels for an outfit. Then play a Jedi Consular-Shadow or a Sith Inquisitor-Assassin and use an Electrostaff. Alternatively there's a Gamorrean Axe you can buy with cybershekels, so you can use that with a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior. Even funnier is that you'll be able to dual wield the axe if you play the Sentinel or Marauder advanced classes.

Now I want to do that.

Tusken Raider set is actually available in Tatoiine social vendor.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Don't social vendors require you to interact with those vermin called "other players" to unlock them? Disgusting creatures, I stay away from them whenever I can.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Which planets have worthwhile planetary main quest? So far seems like diarrhea for most parts.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Which planets have worthwhile planetary main quest? So far seems like diarrhea for most parts.
Uhh Balmorra. The voice actors are pretty enthusiastic for that one.

Voss story wise is quite cool too, though I somehow skipped the first few quests and jumped on later.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started playing this recently (lvl 20 Bounty Hunter as of now). If I wanted to spend real money for this game, what would be the best deal? Optimally, I would like to limit myself to $20-$25.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I started playing this recently (lvl 20 Bounty Hunter as of now). If I wanted to spend real money for this game, what would be the best deal? Optimally, I would like to limit myself to $20-$25.
If you subscribe, you get 500 free cybershekels per month ($5/month) in addition to all the benefits (aka lifting of F2P limitations lol) from subscriptions.

If you mean what you wanna buy... the "Going Places" bundle is the cheapest way to get Rocket Boots, lets you mount up inside buildings. Can't think of what else, really... The rest of the practical stuff you get if you're a subscriber, so if you're F2P then subscribe instead of buying them from Cartel Bioware.

Everything else is just cosmetics. If you fanboi enough about Star Wars and/or the game then you can preview the available equipment and see if you want it. Alternatively people can sell stuff they get from the Cartel Market on the GTN/auction house. Usually happens with those people that gamble on the random crates. The Cartel Market is very limited though because Bioware only keeps a limited number of equipment available, out of a plethora that have been put up before or will be again (you can see in the "Collections" window). Therefore it is often more reliable to get what you want to just buy the Cartel Market item off the GTN.
I'm on Red Eclipse. Not interested in any group activity, but if you need people to fill prerequisite in guild I can spare a character :)
Sure, hit me up on "Lubes", Imp side.
I hauled my Sniper over with about 1 million potatos, so give me a call if you lack funds and I quickly log in and send them over.
Let me know when you get 50 mil lolo

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
TFW all my companions have better outfits than me, and I'm regretting romancing Vette now that I'm used to Jaesa's bloodthirsty retardedness.

Vaarna_Aarne

IF I were to play this with you nigs, probably the most important detail is the number of steps and cybershekels needed to larp a Tusken Raider.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
IF I were to play this with you nigs, probably the most important detail is the number of steps and cybershekels needed to larp a Tusken Raider.
See here: http://tor-fashion.com/sand-people/

Basically Social level 3 which isn't that hard to get, but you'll have to group to do...just run Black Talon flashpoint a few dozen times with a 4 man group. After that travel to Tatooine, and go to the cantana in the main settlement. Vendor sells all the bits for a small-ish price (can't remember of the top of my head). You'll still need a Waist and Wrist item as they don't have one in this set.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom