Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

baturinsky

Arcane
Fallout 4 is not popular with modders. Game is out for a few hours already, and there is not a single mod in adult-only section on Nexus.

Wizfall

Cipher
Fallout 3 was an enjoyable game.
Bethesda writing, characters, dialogues and plot execution are really truly awful.
But Beth is very good at exploration, visual "atmosphere" and often found interesting ideas (along bad ones ).
Only for that it's understandable to want to play Fallout 4 IMO, just too bad it is Fallout game.

Outmind

Augur
Finally, the sweet sweet Pinata that is Fallout 4 has arrived!

My ratio will feast this day.

Seerix

Arbiter
So, how many essential npcs in this game? Every named one until you do their quest? :lol:

This trailer wasn't very motivating, it showed me that this supposedly "open world" game has some really heavy one-sided plot. It wasn't much different in FO3, but this one looks more scripted.. combined with new aesthetics it actually reminds me of RAGE :|

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Fallout 4 topic is the most cancerous , mindnumbing , horrible piece of abomination I ever saw on this site . And the game itself sucks to the point where it can make people devolve .

I can't be bothered to even pirate it .

So you think. Until you make a wrong turn into the Dragon Age: Inquisition thread.

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm a bit surprised by Destructoid's review. A lot of "negativity" there... For a mainstream site, that is.
CDprojekt pays more , they sure can do with selling sttuf like goldbox at 10 euros the title. Could be also witcher 3 being truly a better game.... No, quality doesnt matter in mainstream, cdprojekt was the higgest bidder for GOTY this years thats all there is to know.

Ladonna

Arcane
I feel totally disinterested in this release. Sad that I feel this way about a Fallout release, but it really is only a name now.

I tried the first Bethesda Fallout, gave up after about 5 hours and never ended up going back. Didn't bother with New Vegas, and apart from wanting to see some smartarses LP on here, I won't be touching this game either.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Just tried reading the RPS review. If you can call it that. Hardly any relevant information on the actual gameplay, art direction and music to be found among the pretentious prattle.

Still, I am curious. Only reason to play Skyrim was for the whole hiking sim aspect. I did enjoy climbing that first mountain towards that ruin in that snowstorm. I did enjoy reaching that first village on a hill and seeing the sun rise while standing at some small stream. That was nice. It looked nice. It was different. That everything else regarding gameplay was something to be expected and after enjoying the game to see some of its sights I uninstalled it without too much rancour. Now, Fallout 3 had nothing hike-worthy. Just a drab environment to go together with the shit gameplay. Together with them smearing that once great franchise it was depressing. So, how is Fallout 4 in the whole hiking regard? Nice enviroments to have a look at or more drab desert?

Ladonna

Arcane
Surely there are a few nice areas to go hiking in western Europe Trash...and if you want adventure, you can always head to Eastern Europe, or maybe head down to the middle east or Africa...

Think of the alternative Trash. If not for you, then think of your PC.

likaq

Arcane
ViolacioacutenFallout_zpsbc8fd0f5.jpg

hivemind

Wow I'm so glad my favourite RPG website has told me about this great gaming historical event. What a wonderful and worthwhile news article to share.

inb4 there is actually going to be an 'official codex review' too

Arthandas

Liturgist
BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

The F4 plague spreads across global population.
Hundreds of thousands are infected. The number is growing with each passing second.
The symptoms include deep autism, brain atrophy and fanboism.
Scientists are working on a cure, it's almost finished. The research progress can be tracked here:
F4 ANTIDOTE

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Steam needs to restart for an update. Ok, Steam, whatever.
Updates.
Pops open with a huge fucking Fallout 4 banner over the giant page link to Fallout 4.
6MDhsjZ.jpg

likaq

Arcane
HSbXQNc.png

Father of lies lied again.

:mrpresident:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom