Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
It's still the same shitty engine...have to use MSI Afterburner to limit the frame rate down to 59 fps to get then damn thing to smooth out otherwise it's jerky vision no matter what setting you use...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Fallout 4 exceeds impossibly high expectations as one of the best games of 2015

Fallout 4 justifies all the hype. It is an improvement on Fallout 3 in every way, and borrows popular systems from Fallout: New Vegas to create the most vibrant Fallout game yet.

Fallout 3 was praised so loudly that you wouldn’t have blamed Bethesda if it had decided to play it safe with Fallout 4 by sticking to the same formula. Instead, very few game elements have gone unchanged.

The writing is better, the characters are more fleshed-out, there’s more variety of environments, combat is more thrilling, and you have substantial opportunity to shape the world rather than simply living there. Fallout 4 has game-of-the-year written all over it.

The fact that your character is voiced gives the story greater visibility, and the new cinematic dialogue option makes your conversations appear more like traditional cutscenes, which also helps tremendously to put the story front and center and make you more invested in your character's primary quest.

Underneath your adventure is another brilliant soundtrack from Inon Zur. His haunting, subtle compositions for Fallout 4 build off the themes of his score for Fallout 3, and once again they perfectly match the barren beauty of the wasteland.

Fallout 3 was controversial among old-school RPG fans because while combat still essentially depended on virtual die rolls, the game also behaved like a shooter. Fallout 4 has doubled down on this, to the point where during some gun battles I wondered whether Fallout 4 has become a true shooter/RPG hybrid.

I [...] played on Survival mode specifically because Bethesda took a page from Fallout: New Vegas, and enforced a delay between using a health item like a Stimpack and regenerating hit points. The length of the delay is tied to the difficulty setting.

Even at Normal difficulty you can’t just snap into your inventory, take a stack of Stimpacks to get your health to 100 percent, and then go right back into combat. You always need some break from taking damage to regen health. And the long delay at Very Hard or Survival difficulties means you have to be very smart about how you plan your attack.

The harder the difficulty in Fallout 4, the more likely you are to find randomly-generated Legendary enemies in the world. They’re much deadlier than anything else you’ll encounter. When gravely wounded, they’ll often mutate to regain hit points.

I have spent more than 60 hours in the Xbox One version of the game and don’t feel anywhere close to having tackled most of the content. Fallout 4 could be the only game you buy for the next six months, and you might never get bored. It’s everything that Fallout fans were hoping for. When it comes to game releases in 2015, the best was truly saved for last.

5/5

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/fallout-4-review/

Fargus

Arcane
To find out personally it is shit and then spend 200h on nexus and play maybe 50 hours.
Also it is kind of required to play something to form an opinion which will be important later when for next few years we will be jumping on it.

I think it's pretty obvious what kind of game you get in this case... But anyway, instead of torrenting it myself and getting my hands dirty i watched a friend streaming it on steam.

Pretty much the shit of the year i expected. After 2-3 hours of play he already had a power armor and shot a deathclaw and bunch of raiders with a minigun on hardest (survival) difficulty. It all happened in some early game shithole called Concord or something like that. It all looks especially funny after that Brian Fargo's quote:
Fallout 4 is unapologetically hardcore, an amazing thing for a mainstream game in 2015

Astral Rag

Arcane
5EF507FB3AFB2CB7AF50969EBDDF4A50CACE3EBE
789DF937F587A22890216D4C492501DC9FB0AE26

90623CF70531DA08133E3A9AF337536D0AB098EA

B5DAC0CB1104EF068702FFA0A02FECBFC3EC3516

514A1A69419CDE3D5D11157D33C9E9D890234FCE

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom