Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
That particular mechanic, yes, but not the ridiculous stun, choke, and knockback fest that is part of the SoR fight. I hate that stupid fight and glad I'll never have to do it again. They should introduce the PvP resolve mechanic into PvE planet questing so that you could at least approach it with more intelligible use of your CC break and other defensive cooldowns. Some classes are just pretty screwed there to sit around and watch half the time.
There is a reason this game gets referred to as Stun Wars...playing a Sentinel is painful sometimes. It would be nice to have that resolve bar on PvE content, or at least some way to mitigate the initial stuns, roots, knockbacks, etc for the first few seconds on a pull like the Jedi Guardian / Sith Juggernaut can have. I feel like a bloody pinball sometimes as a melee class.

Most engagements with mobs in Heroics or on the high level worlds for my Sentinel are something like this: Force Leap, stun, root, knockback, root, root, stun, knockback, pull, knockback, root, root, root, stun, swing glow sticks like a mad man...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
There is a reason this game gets referred to as Stun Wars...playing a Sentinel is painful sometimes. It would be nice to have that resolve bar on PvE content, or at least some way to mitigate the initial stuns, roots, knockbacks, etc for the first few seconds on a pull like the Jedi Guardian / Sith Juggernaut can have. I feel like a bloody pinball sometimes as a melee class.
the fury marauder/concentration sentinel has 6 secs cc immunity on force crush, every second force crush, so once every 30sec. helps a bit. But yeah, that cc fest Revan boss fight is Bioshits idea of pleasant gameplay.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Most engagements with mobs in Heroics or on the high level worlds for my Sentinel are something like this: Force Leap, stun, root, knockback, root, root, stun, knockback, pull, knockback, root, root, root, stun, swing glow sticks like a mad man...
That's what you deserve for being a Sentard! But seriously, melees are pretty screwed now with newer content bosses. I heard pros don't even take melee dps to ops anymore, because of that and anything in melee range gets hit for absurd dmg all the time, making melees more of a burden than a help. Playing a sorc is so relaxing it's almost boring compared to that.

What pisses my more off about the bossfights is: each and every gold mob has now immunity to interrupt, knockback, stun and whatever. Not that you need to 'rupt them with your OP healslave, but I remember the time when you absolutly had to keep them from doing their high dmg power attacks to not die. Kind of a QTE. Still feels like dumbing down to me. Don't even remember how often I died against the Sithlord on Tatooine with my Knight back in the days...
Kick, choke and push on cooldown? Sucks to be you, happy respawning!

Pushing them back and jumping after them made the fights a little more dynamic than just standing there and rotating the same abilities over and over.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
That's what you deserve for being a Sentard!
I actually started my Sentinel to see if there was something inherent to the class that made people so bloody stupid. Turns out it wasn't hard, you just had to pay attention to what you were doing...

To many Sentards are like:

:discohitler:
But seriously, melees are pretty screwed now with newer content bosses. I heard pros don't even take melee dps to ops anymore, because of that and anything in melee range gets hit for absurd dmg all the time, making melees more of a burden than a help. Playing a sorc is so relaxing it's almost boring compared to that.
Most Operations take a Sentinel for the utility skills they have...Transcedance & Inspiration. Melee DPS isn't that hard if you have a tank to help and they are doing their job properly with positioning and holding threat. It's just that as DPS classes go you actually have to have a brain to make them work right...too many people playing DPS classes are monumentally retarded though and the ranged versions just make them worse. Kill orders? What's that? Defensive cooldowns? Huh? Threat drops? B-but, pew! pew! Protect the healer? Y NO HEALZ??

What pisses my more off about the bossfights is: each and every gold mob has now immunity to interrupt, knockback, stun and whatever. Not that you need to 'rupt them with your OP healslave, but I remember the time when you absolutly had to keep them from doing their high dmg power attacks to not die. Kind of a QTE. Still feels like dumbing down to me. Don't even remember how often I died against the Sithlord on Tatooine with my Knight back in the days...
Kick, choke and push on cooldown? Sucks to be you, happy respawning!
A few of the class bosses have 'I Win!' abilities still, but nearly everything else is gone. Terminate is the only one that'll still give you trouble and even that has been nerfed. Before it was a good 50% damage to you no matter what heal you had, now it's just straight damage with a longish knockback / knockdown / stun effect.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I really want to play a Sentinel - just for PVE leveling, going through Chapters 1-3. I picked Juggernaut because of using 1-handers. But I'm not very interested in their Disciplines. Probably JK Guardian would have been more interesting because of better (quality and variation of) animations (e.g. Vengeance final skill - upgraded Smash - is not as interesting the comparable Guardian upgraded "Smash" because the former is a slam to the ground, whereas the latter is impaling the ground). Also the Juggernaut just feels slow, which generally is fine okay but it feels too slow.

Only thing I like about Juggernaut is that the gameplay is very very smooth, and Vengeance still has some finesse with Impale. I didn't like the fanboi concept of using dual weapons before, but I feel like a Sentinel might be more interesting because of faster speed. (Not playing a Marauder because it'd be repeating the SW story)

BTW has anyone played a (non-Consular) Miraluka? I played my Consular as Miraluka but it totally made facial expressions very bland, because eye/eyebrow movement meant a lot. On the other hand, Consular's are already quite subdued in their expressions... I plan on playing a female super darkside JK so maybe the VA would be better.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Leveling is strange now. Resubbed a couple of days ago and already have a smuggler I started at level 1 up to 65 before finishing with Ilum. And with the new companion mechanics I think they should go back and sith warrior story spoiler:

Make it possible to kill Quinn for his sudden yet inevitable betrayal. Hell, make it possible to kill all companions that displease you for whatever reason, I'm drowning in the bloody companions on my Sith Inquisitor now)
Yeah same, I'm level 52 and I just started Chapter 3.

Granted I got like 10 levels just doing the Bounty Hunter event.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
I really want to play a Sentinel - just for PVE leveling, going through Chapters 1-3. I picked Juggernaut because of using 1-handers. But I'm not very interested in their Disciplines. Probably JK Guardian would have been more interesting because of better (quality and variation of) animations (e.g. Vengeance final skill - upgraded Smash - is not as interesting the comparable Guardian upgraded "Smash" because the former is a slam to the ground, whereas the latter is impaling the ground). Also the Juggernaut just feels slow, which generally is fine okay but it feels too slow.

Only thing I like about Juggernaut is that the gameplay is very very smooth, and Vengeance still has some finesse with Impale. I didn't like the fanboi concept of using dual weapons before, but I feel like a Sentinel might be more interesting because of faster speed. (Not playing a Marauder because it'd be repeating the SW story)
Try the Combat spec for Sentinel...that's the really fast one. Very smooth to play as well as long as your ping can handle it as you'll be using abilities a lot faster with 3% alacrity from the Ataru Form + what ever else you have from gear (mine currently has a natural alacrity of 9%). Add Zen on top for another 30% and your GCD is down to 0.9 seconds. Everything else seems slow after playing a Sentinel for a while. Use a pair of Vindicator lightsabers from the Cartel Market and sound like a very pissed off humming bird for extra lulz.

Another nice thing is that you don't have many abilities to worry about. One is a lightsaber form and two are straight replacements for existing ones (Blade Rush = buffed Slash + Ataru Strike + bonus chance to Ataru Strike & Clashing Blast = buffed Blade Storm) and there are only two procs which are easy to control (auto crit Blade Storm / Clashing Blast & a use any time free Dispatch). The last one is the only hard(ish) one; Precision, since you need to time your big attacks to get the most from it and it only lasts 3 seconds which may not sound a lot but with the speed you'll be playing at you can easily get three abilities into that window or a complete Master Strike (sorry Blade Dance :roll:) + another ability.

Good fun for a melee class and very different from the slow paced Juggernaut.

JasonNH

Augur
Try the Combat spec for Sentinel...that's the really fast one. Very smooth to play as well as long as your ping can handle it as you'll be using abilities a lot faster with 3% alacrity from the Ataru Form + what ever else you have from gear (mine currently has a natural alacrity of 9%). Add Zen on top for another 30% and your GCD is down to 0.9 seconds. Everything else seems slow after playing a Sentinel for a while. Use a pair of Vindicator lightsabers from the Cartel Market and sound like a very pissed off humming bird for extra lulz.

Was my favorite class to play before the 3.0 changes that removed some of the finesse in last minute decisions on what to use for filler between precision slash windows. Not sure this is a good leveling spec until about level 42 though. I'd probably run concentration until at least level 36 when you get your auto-crit blade storm.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Another nice thing is that you don't have many abilities to worry about. One is a lightsaber form and two are straight replacements for existing ones (Blade Rush = buffed Slash + Ataru Strike + bonus chance to Ataru Strike & Clashing Blast = buffed Blade Storm) and there are only two procs which are easy to control (auto crit Blade Storm / Clashing Blast & a use any time free Dispatch). The last one is the only hard(ish) one; Precision, since you need to time your big attacks to get the most from it and it only lasts 3 seconds which may not sound a lot but with the speed you'll be playing at you can easily get three abilities into that window or a complete Master Strike (sorry Blade Dance :roll:) + another ability.

Good fun for a melee class and very different from the slow paced Juggernaut.
Was my favorite class to play before the 3.0 changes that removed some of the finesse in last minute decisions on what to use for filler between precision slash windows. Not sure this is a good leveling spec until about level 42 though. I'd probably run concentration until at least level 36 when you get your auto-crit blade storm.
Gotcha, thanks. I was leaning towards Combat because Rage Juggernaut I heard is basically the same as Fury Marauder, er I mean Concentration Sentinel. And I don't like Rage Juggernaut (I do Vengeance). I know people like Obliterate but I felt it not that it was, while good, not interesting or fun. Same for Force Crush. Instead I like Vengeance, with stuff like Shatter (first discipline ability) restarting Ravage/Bladestorm, and Impale has a cool animation (and a good execute alternative to the saber throw execute). Granted Concentration may have a cool animations for its own moves...

Thankfully I can switch Disciplines for free. Guess I don't have to ask about the three Disciplines because I can just try them out on my own. I've done that very easily on my Jugg.

Man yeah Juggernaut/Guardian is slow paced... I was very much hoping for one Makashi (Dooku) like style but I guess not. Vengeance with Shien is pretty nice though. 15% movement speed for Shien. I stack a lot of Alacrity on my equipment to speed me up haha.

Still, glad I did not make a Marauder. It looks like swinging two baseball bats, whereas at least Vengeance Juggernaut has a finesse-y Impale along with the tolerable Force Scream and Shatter.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
BTW has anyone played a (non-Consular) Miraluka? I played my Consular as Miraluka but it totally made facial expressions very bland, because eye/eyebrow movement meant a lot. On the other hand, Consular's are already quite subdued in their expressions... I plan on playing a female super darkside JK so maybe the VA would be better.
I am not really a fan of the DS FemKnight, her lines feel so forced and overacted. Still better than Snaaaaake, so no real choice there. A Mirelurk FemConsu is actually a good pick, since LS lines are very calm and reserved without sounding silly, so the lack of facial animations doesn't hurt her as much as JK's cheerful talk. DS lines are like: "Even my patience has limits, I just kill them all and be done with it. Honey do you like fries for dinner?"

And yeah the Juggler is pretty slow paced with a lot of target switching. I ran SoR with my Sorc after the Guardian now, and boooooy what a difference. With the Guardian I skipped most of the trash mobs because it was such a hassle to clear them... Sorc? Forcestorm -> next group please!

I never liked the Sentard, even though it became my pub main back in the days. But that was because
a) undergeared (no moneyz) Guardians had zero survival chance against 2 silvers at once
b) his healer comp came in the late 30s
c) and therefore I NEEDED the selfheal procs from crits to survive. Barely. Sad but true.
These days you can just pick the class/spec you like the animations of and roll with it for uuuh rp reasons... yeah.

That said, Sentard/Marauder is not faster than Juggler/Guardian, unless they really overhauled it. The combat just... FEELS faster thanks to faster animations all that jumping around. Nothing beats Sorc/Sage in raw trash mob removal powers tho, maybe the BH/T can come close. Ironically even Sniper/Gunslinger's simple sweep attack kills groups faster than using a proper rotation.

I also dislike any SW spec that makes me use burp often, it's just ridiculous. Gaurdian's baseball bat swing isn't much better, but at least I don't get a headache from rolling my eyes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
^^ Or just roll Operative and stealth past the trash. You'll be done with the boss before the Juggler is halfway through the map.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I am not really a fan of the DS FemKnight, her lines feel so forced and overacted. Still better than Snaaaaake, so no real choice there. A Mirelurk FemConsu is actually a good pick, since LS lines are very calm and reserved without sounding silly, so the lack of facial animations doesn't hurt her as much as JK's cheerful talk. DS lines are like: "Even my patience has limits, I just kill them all and be done with it. Honey do you like fries for dinner?"

And yeah the Juggler is pretty slow paced with a lot of target switching. I ran SoR with my Sorc after the Guardian now, and boooooy what a difference. With the Guardian I skipped most of the trash mobs because it was such a hassle to clear them... Sorc? Forcestorm -> next group please!

I never liked the Sentard, even though it became my pub main back in the days. But that was because
a) undergeared (no moneyz) Guardians had zero survival chance against 2 silvers at once
b) his healer comp came in the late 30s
c) and therefore I NEEDED the selfheal procs from crits to survive. Barely. Sad but true.
These days you can just pick the class/spec you like the animations of and roll with it for uuuh rp reasons... yeah.

That said, Sentard/Marauder is not faster than Juggler/Guardian, unless they really overhauled it. The combat just... FEELS faster thanks to faster animations all that jumping around. Nothing beats Sorc/Sage in raw trash mob removal powers tho, maybe the BH/T can come close. Ironically even Sniper/Gunslinger's simple sweep attack kills groups faster than using a proper rotation.

I also dislike any SW spec that makes me use burp often, it's just ridiculous. Gaurdian's baseball bat swing isn't much better, but at least I don't get a headache from rolling my eyes.
Don't worry guys, the game is ridiculously easy now. Companions often kill mobs before I do

I already have almost zero downtime on my Jugger - and I'm Vengeance specced . I basically kill story mode bosses in 10 seconds. I put my Companion to Heal mode only in Heroics (yes, I solo them lol).

Also, yeah faster animations are what I'm talking about with the Sentard. I have zero problems with the gameplay of the Jugg, but it's getting a bit tedious. Granted having Impale makes things a lot more entertaining than the other two specs, because it is a second execute next to Vicious Throw, and also is one of the few Sith Warrior animations that aren't using the lightsaber like a baseball bat.

Now I have two major problems with the Sage and the Sorcerer. (And yes Gunslingers are soooo OP haha).

1. I HATE the animation for Force Quake. So no Sage.
2. I already did the Inquisitor storyline with an Assassin, so no Sorcerer.

Otherwise I'd definitely level my Sage, since having not played a Sorcerer means I've never experienced that AC's mechanics.

But Shadow is super OP also, because I am Serenity specced, which means I just stealth up, use Force in Balance, and it's done. It just takes a slight bit more time than the ranged Consular/Inquisitor.

Also with Juggs (esp Vengeance spec) I can Smash (for zero rage) and then spam Sweeping Slash (because I have a full bar of rage all the time in Vengeance). I don't mind the Burp... I really hate Baseball Bat, because I'm a fucking Force user, and I shouldn't have to channel Force attacks using my lightsaber every fucking time. God forbid I not use my lightsaber for once. Which incidentally why I loved my Assassin, felt like the real hybrid that a melee Jedi/Sith should be.

^^ Or just roll Operative and stealth past the trash. You'll be done with the boss before the Juggler is halfway through the map.
Stop being a nigger. You know I played Operative and Assassin back when we played together.

But now, with the prior 12x experience and now the KotFE update I have never felt the game being tedious. It's not just killing trash faster, but the fact that you don't need to any side missions to continue your leveling. I played at launch and I can very well tell the difference. If I didn't hear about the 12x experience I would have never went back to the game.

And I wouldn't call that dumbing down the game. Because MMO combat is already fucking dumb. Rotations are ridiculously easy to figure out within a minute, and then you spam the same one forever and ever. That's not challenge. And making leveling faster simply means getting rid of tedium. Thirdly the only challenge in MMOs is in dungeons, PVP and endgame PVE. None of which has to do with leveling to cap, so whatever.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Oh, noticed Ataru Form actually increases Alacrity. The Alacrity stat not only affects ability cooldowns, but the GCD, too. Been stacking it on my Jugg but only managed to get to +6% (with Enhancements, Level 52). +3% is pretty significant in that case.

Course I'm not really worried about killing speed. It's actually animations that would be nice... Juggernaut animations are completely fine for me except that the GCD causes a lot of animation pauses before the next attack. I'm hoping actually that having two sabers = more attack animations filling up the GCD or something like that. Because I don't remember the same subjective annoyance playing Shadow/Assassin.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
Oh, noticed Ataru Form actually increases Alacrity. The Alacrity stat not only affects ability cooldowns, but the GCD, too. Been stacking it on my Jugg but only managed to get to +6% (with Enhancements, Level 52). +3% is pretty significant in that case.

Course I'm not really worried about killing speed. It's actually animations that would be nice... Juggernaut animations are completely fine for me except that the GCD causes a lot of animation pauses before the next attack. I'm hoping actually that having two sabers = more attack animations filling up the GCD or something like that. Because I don't remember the same subjective annoyance playing Shadow/Assassin.
Alacrity is important to the Combat Sentinel since you can fit more abilities inside that Precision window with a lower GCD which is where you get the big damage numbers from. Under Zen I've managed to squeeze four abilities into a 3 second window; an auto-crit Clashing Blast, a cost free Dispatch and 2 x Blade Rush...all hitting with a 100% armour penetration.

Ideally, for PvE, you want the following basic stats for a Combat Sentinel:

Accuracy @ 110%, so you don't miss, and counters boss defences. You'll need at least 680+ accuracy @ lvl 65 to get this. Mix of enhancements / augments.
Alacrity @ 7%, combined with your natural 3% from Ataru Form for 10% total. You'll need at least 660+ alacrity @ lvl 65 to get this. Again mix of enhancements / augments.
Critical / Surge @ 35% / 60-70%, now that Surge has been blended with Critical you'll need as much as you can get to boost your auto-crit abilities. For this you'll need at least 1000+ critical @ lvl 65.
Power...what ever is left. You'll get loads from the mods you use and as a secondary stat on enhancements. All helps, but you don't need to focus on it.

One thing about animations. They don't cause delays. Watch the abilities cycle in your toolbars, that is what is important. With Ataru you'll often see a secondary strike animation when using any ability, especially Cyclone Slash & Blade Rush. This is the Ataru Strike that you get from the Form itself doing extra damage. This does not slow you down despite the extra animation...it's just there to so you it fired (there is also a visual effect over an enemy that has been hit by it as well, a kind of shockwave). It can be a bit off putting at first as it seems like you character isn't finished swinging, but they will still use other abilities if the GCD is finished.

I've not tried the Juggernaut since 4.0 so I'm not sure what stat balance is good to use, but generally you want to focus on what the spec already emphasises. Alacrity is useful to every class to some extent if you have enough of it, especially DoT spreading classes in PvP (and PvP in general for that matter with everyone running around like headless chickens), but I usually ignore it unless the spec has some natural boosts to it (like Combat Sentinel / Carnage Marauder, Telekinetic Sage / Lightning Sorcerer) because you need a lot of it to make any real noticeable difference to your GCD / ability cooldowns. Vengeance doesn't have any natural boosts to alacrity so I'd probably ignore it and just aim for max critical / surge & then power so I hit as hard as possible...after getting max accuracy though...nothing worse than missing with a hard hitting ability because the RNG God hates you. Of course with PvE being so laughably easy now you could use anything and it'll still work...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Alacrity is important to the Combat Sentinel since you can fit more abilities inside that Precision window with a lower GCD which is where you get the big damage numbers from. Under Zen I've managed to squeeze four abilities into a 3 second window; an auto-crit Clashing Blast, a cost free Dispatch and 2 x Blade Rush...all hitting with a 100% armour penetration.

Ideally, for PvE, you want the following basic stats for a Combat Sentinel:

Accuracy @ 110%, so you don't miss, and counters boss defences. You'll need at least 680+ accuracy @ lvl 65 to get this. Mix of enhancements / augments.
Alacrity @ 7%, combined with your natural 3% from Ataru Form for 10% total. You'll need at least 660+ alacrity @ lvl 65 to get this. Again mix of enhancements / augments.
Critical / Surge @ 35% / 60-70%, now that Surge has been blended with Critical you'll need as much as you can get to boost your auto-crit abilities. For this you'll need at least 1000+ critical @ lvl 65.
Power...what ever is left. You'll get loads from the mods you use and as a secondary stat on enhancements. All helps, but you don't need to focus on it.

One thing about animations. They don't cause delays. Watch the abilities cycle in your toolbars, that is what is important. With Ataru you'll often see a secondary strike animation when using any ability, especially Cyclone Slash & Blade Rush. This is the Ataru Strike that you get from the Form itself doing extra damage. This does not slow you down despite the extra animation...it's just there to so you it fired (there is also a visual effect over an enemy that has been hit by it as well, a kind of shockwave). It can be a bit off putting at first as it seems like you character isn't finished swinging, but they will still use other abilities if the GCD is finished.

I've not tried the Juggernaut since 4.0 so I'm not sure what stat balance is good to use, but generally you want to focus on what the spec already emphasises. Alacrity is useful to every class to some extent if you have enough of it, especially DoT spreading classes in PvP (and PvP in general for that matter with everyone running around like headless chickens), but I usually ignore it unless the spec has some natural boosts to it (like Combat Sentinel / Carnage Marauder, Telekinetic Sage / Lightning Sorcerer) because you need a lot of it to make any real noticeable difference to your GCD / ability cooldowns. Vengeance doesn't have any natural boosts to alacrity so I'd probably ignore it and just aim for max critical / surge & then power so I hit as hard as possible...after getting max accuracy though...nothing worse than missing with a hard hitting ability because the RNG God hates you. Of course with PvE being so laughably easy now you could use anything and it'll still work...
Thanks!

What I mean about the animations is more so that the Jugg (for example) will finish his attack.. and then I have to wait for the GCD to be done before I can activate another one. It's not so much feeling slow as much as "animation -> pause -> animation -> pause" that was just irking my aesthetic sense.

And if I decided to PVP someday I'd go Immortal Jugg just for lulz.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
But they're all supposed to be Tactical Flashpoints now and don't need a healer...

:troll:
:lol:

Well it's still annoying to have more than one lightsaber user (excluding myself). Except if it's a Guardian or Juggernaut.

It's okay though, I'll be fine sitting back with my Gunslinger.

Man, animations in this game are so hit and miss. Some are awesome. Some are mediocre. Some are just plain annoying.

That is okay on paper... but in implementation, it turns shitty because that you're gonna be stuck with one or more in most Disciplines you play:

If this is still what Blade Rush looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRHTmXqYQE I'm never playing a Combat Sentinel... especially because Slash looks better. Which is sad because Marauder's Massacre looks so much better.

Both Annihilation and Watchman are gay because one of your main moves is to wave their lightsaber at the target, and just activating a bleed WITHOUT CAUSING ANY DIRECT DAMAGE. Compare to Vengenace Jugg's Shatter, which rightfully is a hybrid burst damage + then DoT, not to mention resetting Ravage. BTW Vengeance Juggs have the best animations.. Impale is sick. And while Vengeful Slam is not as cool looking as Vigilant Thrust, it's still pretty neat and a nice change after getting bored of using Smash for so long.

Merc Unload can fucking commit suicide. Sad thing is that Unload used to look different? Then Death from Above > Mortar Strike any fucking day, even though Mortar Strike is not terrible. So basically both the Merc and the Commando are considering their animations in total (unless I make a Body Type 1 female Commando... will have to test if it is not too ridiculous compared to Hale's VA).

Thankfully I have the option of Powertech.

Force Quake destroys any notion of playing a Sage.

Scoundrel Smuggler could use way more Shotgun attacks. Not saying the animations are below average, but with more Shotgun animatinos it would be very much more appealing. I can understand that many people like the appeal of just kicking a Sith as a Scrapper... but Ruffian spec I see no reason to use the Shottie more.

(Though I am a bit choice-biased in that I played an Assassin already so I won't play the Sorcerer chiefly to avoid repeating the storyline... Only storyline I'd repeat would be the Agent)

---

So basically... Vengeance Jug, Powertech anything Gunslinger anything are the ones I'd enjoy animation-wise. I so far tolerate Shadow, Concentration Sentinel, Rage Jugg, Assassin, and possibly Sorcerer. But that I don't meets even half of the possible Disciplines - considering gameplay wise I don't mind the rest - and that's not a good thing.

The sad thing is I realized I'm not being subjective. A whole shitload of people don't like these animations. Who the hell likes the cross-over gangsta style Merc Unload? It's ridiculous. And nobody likes Force Quake, especially considering it was so much better before (same could be said of Project).

Yeah, I'm over-doing the aesthetic part... But the on the other hand, why else would I play a Star Wars game besides shit looking cool?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
But they're all supposed to be Tactical Flashpoints now and don't need a healer...

:troll:
That's quite true. And I don't mind that actually.

But I probably didn't make myself clear.

Being having three more lightsabers right next to each other means I have no fucking clue what's going on, and I get seizures.

And then even with not need Healers, there's still room for (pub side) Gunslingers and Commandos who can minimize the melee spam.

I had an awesome run once though. Two healers, me a Jugg, and I forget the third guy. But it just looked super clean.

Again it's not so much the not needing Healers but not having much longer ranged DPS at the least. I love it when I see a Commando/Merc/Gunslinger/Sniper. It just clears the area so I can see what is going on. It's simply because it makes it fun to watch the fight.

On the other hand I'm going to enjoy playing my Gunslinger so that part will be moot when I flashpoint him. I'm just stuck with the JK and SW right now so right now I am just irrationally venting.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
Merc Unload can fucking commit suicide. Sad thing is that Unload used to look different?
It used to look like the Gunslingers one for Wounding Shots but without the targeting thingy.

Then Death from Above > Mortar Strike any fucking day, even though Mortar Strike is not terrible. So basically both the Merc and the Commando are considering their animations in total (unless I make a Body Type 1 female Commando... will have to test if it is not too ridiculous compared to Hale's VA).
All the Troopers animations are shit compared to the Bounty Hunters except for Unload / Full Autio...fuck knows why they changed it.

Force Quake destroys any notion of playing a Sage.
Suck it up man, Force Storm was ruined as well. It used to animate a good storm of lightning, now it just tickles the ground for a second. And they had to change Project because of the damage delay they had back then. Shock would hit instantly where as Project had slight delay as the debris has to travel up to 30m to the target before it hit. Why they didn't just change it to do the damage instantly and keep the old animation (which was much better looking) is a mystery.

You can now skip the main story with those level 60 tokens. I got one for free because I was subscribed when Knights of the Fallen Empire went live. I'm not sure if you get one for free if you subscribe now and went before it went live. You can buy them on the Cartel Market as well or from the GTN if you got the monies. Might be a good idea if you want to play a Sorcerer without going through the whole bloody thing again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom