Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kilus

Educated
SHAUN is a bat baby?

Get ur butts and lube ready guise, here are the real PC ultra screenshots, Todd strikes back.

Fallout4_graph03.jpg

Probably the one they were least happy with, while by far my favorite. No faux rays of sunlight drowning out everything else, gets the point across that, yeah, shit has happened. Matter of fact I'm keeping this one. Game will suck but now I have a new wallpaper.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Is there some explanation in the lore as to why hundreds of years after the bombs fell there are leafless trees all over the place?

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Is there some explanation in the lore as to why hundreds of years after the bombs fell there are leafless trees all over the place?
Any time you have a question like this the answer is either FEV, radiation, or some combination of that did it.

Get ur butts and lube ready guise, here are the real PC ultra screenshots, Todd strikes back.

<graphicswhoring>
Not until we know what kind of hardware is needed to run those graphics above 40 fps.
You can make Skyrim look flashy, but it'll be a slideshow. And FO4 uses the same engine.

Bethesda's design choices would make more sense for a game that's about thirty years after the apocalypse.

You want trees, you go to Skyrim

Or wait a year. FO3 and NV got some pretty quality vegetation mods.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Not until we know what kind of hardware is needed to run those graphics above 40 fps.
You can make Skyrim look flashy, but it'll be a slideshow. And FO4 uses the same engine.

That's just not true.. time to get another potato card for your SLI setup... Skyrim requirements are easily hit.. you don't need a "RIG" until you start modding in 1028 textures for everything.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

They released the requirements, you need a vidya card with over 4gb ram.

Doesn't look good even now

looks on par with twitcher 3 gfx now, but more realistic, twitcher looks cartoony.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I don't get what is so good about those "PC" screenshots.

They look like hazy shit.

Zep--

They released the requirements, you need a vidya card with over 4gb ram.
I mean the real world hardware. Requirements devs slap on the box rarely hit anywhere close to home. Not to mention they say nothing about expected fps.

I don't get what is so good about those "PC" screenshots.
There's nothing "so good" about them, they're just better than the laughable console shots we've seen so far.
Textures look kinda shit in PC shots as well, but I expect they'll release some sort of HD Texture Pack soon enough.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whoa, they actually have some in-game justification for fast travel, not just "you teleport there lol"? I'm amazed and a bit baffled to see that they actually improved something.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Whoa, they actually have some in-game justification for fast travel, not just "you teleport there lol"? I'm amazed and a bit baffled to see that they actually improved something.
it's an accident. Skyrim had wagons too, yet thaat does not prevent you from fast travel via map.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
There's nothing "so good" about them, they're just better than the laughable console shots we've seen so far.
Textures look kinda shit in PC shots as well, but I expect they'll release some sort of HD Texture Pack soon enough.

The depth of field, the washed out color. I am not impressed if that is PC Master Race screenshots.

Zep--

pippin

Morrowind had its own in-world travel system. In the end you were flying everywhere, though.
What keeps them from putting wagons in FO4 as well? Just a fucking cart pulled by brahmin. And yeah, bringing the Highwayman as an actual vehicle you can use could be a nice touch as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom