Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Current state of Russian RPGs (with screenshots)

pippin

Yeah, it's like eastern european and japanese devs are the only ones who still dare to inject some sort of identity into their games.

GreyViper

Prophet
Im guessing devs of Cops 2170: Power Of Law had also hand in making Star Wolves.:cool: Speaking of which, I think they were making addon to 3rd when the money ran out so, it never saw light.
Well as english version anyway.:cry:

Also is the MMO boom related to fact, that they can get money monthly from their customers?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is an interesting TBS (with some RPG elements I believe) being in development called Mournful Lands. Influenced by Disciples 2 and Eador. It has a nice art direction. Though the progress of development is slow. The team has 3 people I think.
The story revolves around a Black Moon, which appeared on Earth's orbit and affected the population.

All the available materials are in Russian:
https://vk.com/mournful_lands
http://mournfullands.com/about.html
http://www.gamedev.ru/projects/forum/?id=177378

15eYAsXsWAE.jpg

2MKG3z4-v2M.jpg

uy5bPjxQXx8.jpg

Aothan

Magister
looks kind of interesting, since I don't speak Russian is there any indication of a release, or beta, or anything of the sorts

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
looks kind of interesting, since I don't speak Russian is there any indication of a release, or beta, or anything of the sorts
The devs wrote in August that they are going to fix some bugs, tinker AI and probably release a playable build. Not many news since that time.

Aothan

Magister
okay well that sounds as though the game might come about

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

I kinda liked Hard to be a God,it was a good time waster when i had absolutely nothing to do.
The translation is pretty good with a few bumps here and there, but perfectly understandable.

Parsifarka

Arcane
I kinda liked Hard to be a God,it was a good time waster when i had absolutely nothing to do.
The translation is pretty good with a few bumps here and there, but perfectly understandable.
The best ARPG I've played. A lovely bugfest full of broken ideas. A great game fucked up by a rushed release.
It had everything for me: vivid colors, good feeling of progression (overpowerment), interesting plot (although terribly developed), a stupid sense of humor...
and a superb soundtrack

Does someone know more games like that?

Aothan

Magister
there is always Path of Exile, which matches most of the interests mentioned, although the plot direction is somewhat uneven

there is also Wave of Darkness, which I have not played, but looks similar in parts, as best I can tell from the videos and images linked on the discussion thread (still on the first page of this forum)

laclongquan

Arcane
I do wonder why the Russians dont make a Fallout game, but look from the USSR point of view (since they dont get disintegration like this timeline), play in some desolate wasteland like easern siberia that connect to Alaska. :communism: :USSRstronk:

On another note: Currently replay Hammer Sickle. :salute: The communist game lives strong!

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do wonder why the Russians dont make a Fallout game, but look from the USSR point of view (since they dont get disintegration like this timeline), play in some desolate wasteland like easern siberia that connect to Alaska. :communism: :USSRstronk:

On another note: Currently replay Hammer Sickle. :salute: The communist game lives strong!
Killing Germans with tactical diplomacy. Never gets old.

Zeriel

Arcane

Well, post-apocalyptic Siberia would not be appreciably different from modern Siberia. I think that's one of the defining characteristics of American post-apocalyptic fiction, the fact that we had so much more to lose. Going from a pre-war shithole to a post-war shithole isn't much of a change, really.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

There was Nuclear Union, but I'm afraid it was cancelled, though there is some hope because the assets were acquired by the publisher or something like that. I didn't follow the project too closely.
scr64.jpg

And also Frozen State. Some post-apoc or alternative history Siberian ARPG.
ss_3e18ed960f81be81782c86470363fe23a9d18af4.1920x1080.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
We make games about tanks ships and planes now.
And that's not even we since it's actually belorussians.

/thread

:negative:

Last thing I liked was King's Bounty/Armored Princess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Still waiting for translation for Planet Alcatraz 2. Someone translated some text but dropped it.
PA2 is better or worse than original? Cause different places share different opinion.

I do wonder why the Russians dont make a Fallout game

Does Metal Heart: Replicant Rampage count? There was one game on Silent Storm, there was even thread on the Codex about it but forgot the name.

But they do mods for Fallout, like recently released Fallout:Nevada and Olympus 2027, just no hope for english translation.
I was surprised by that, didn't know Fallout have any mods since there is no tools for modding. IIRC some dedicated hardcore coders did some rusian magic and made tools to create the mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom