Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy fuck!
Just saw the "leaked" videos and oh boy! I can just imagine Todd looking at New Vegas with a smug shit eating grin and saying "yeah we are going in another direction" that looks unbelievable how it went with the Dishonored and Bioshock look but ina completly bizarre direction it looks simply bad, reused animations, Direct X 9 lighting....Even the shooting lost that tiny ounce of tactical gimick and feels like run and gun fucking Quake III
For a second I thought they would adapt even the AI of a 15 year old game like Half Life were enemies tried to flank, hide and attack in coordiantion... This shit looks like a 90 Doom clone qere all the enemies try to rush you, have no AI or tactic but standing still and shooting at you or running and shooting at you it is disgrace!
Just why, why do they keep doing this I mean Bethesda is the definition of Decline with all their crap. I am not that emotionaly invested in the Fallout franchise but this is simply too much it is like Call of Duty is too complicated for the retards who clap like monkeys and already wet their beds at night with "best game evah" over this?
I usually say there is no account for taste but this is... Insulting
I was not going to give a red cent of my money to Beth or their cocksucking partner in crime Saint Gabe and its spyware but this shit isnt even worth pirating, hell wouldnt have believed it but compared with this Fallout 3 will be "deep and innmersive"
Rest in peace Fallout

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I agree with the sentiment but why do you insult Quake III, like Fallout 3 before it Fallout 4 won't even be a good shooter.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I agree with the sentiment but why do you insult Quake III, like Fallout 3 before it Fallout 4 won't even be a good or even decent shooter.
I love Quake 3 put is is the very definition of instagib with its pacing and weapons it is completly out if place for Fallout Oh god it is so fucking bad I actualy understand Jaesun and all those guys hating Bethesda so bad

Observer

Educated
No mater how fallout will be suck, people will praise the game like a baby Jesus.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
the shooting in fallout 3 wasn't tactical, it constantly suffered from having your shots "miss" while it appeared to hit the enemy. all the animation except for facial animation look fine, and the lighting engine, while it could be better looks good. (also they're using a directx 11 renderer)

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
When Todd talker about it Fuckup 4 beign more of a shooter I wasnr expecting Stalker but at least not Popamole Doom based shooting gallery ffs
At least Fallout 3 attempted to keep the "dice roll" mechanics of older Beth titles with the hit and misses but seeing that video of the Fallout Shep running and gunning mutants straight out of shooting gallery I really couldnt believe that shit

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
compared to other AAA games of our times Fallout 4 is probably the most complex one.

106218-lie-down-try-not-to-cry-meme-I-2pgU.jpeg

Zeriel

Arcane
So Skills and Traits are gone, Perks are every level, and Attributes are what? Probably boosted to 10 through bobbleheads and Perks I guess.

They could have just kept the system from Fallout: New Vegas, that worked pretty well. They could have made a Fallout shooter AND let Obsidian make another Fallout RPG. But no, always something to decline.

You can raise attributes by 1 instead of taking a perk when you level. And there is no level cap. So, yeah, it's literally Skyrim with Guns. There's no reason to make two characters, or play twice.

Deleted member 7219

You can raise attributes by 1 instead of taking a perk when you level. And there is no level cap. So, yeah, it's literally Skyrim with Guns. There's no reason to make two characters, or play twice.

So that makes skill checks in dialogue useless. I wasn't expecting them from Bethesda anyway but they worked so well in New Vegas. It is such a shame that they ignored all the good stuff Obsidian did with that game.

Zeriel

Arcane
So that makes skill checks in dialogue useless. I wasn't expecting them from Bethesda anyway but they worked so well in New Vegas. It is such a shame that they ignored all the good stuff Obsidian did with that game.

Well, there are no longer skills, so yeah. I guess people will just put max points to start in int & charisma, assuming they even check those attributes. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Not like it was even worth it in Fallout 3, when Intelligence and speech checks literally did nothing that the other lines didn't. They just rephrased the question. Yes, apparently that's what intelligence and charisma mean to Bethesda: having a bigger vocabulary.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

So that power armor is waiting for you for the taking?
Just like that?

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't understand how gated dialogue options can exist at all in this fucking 4-button yes/no/neutral/question system.

Obviously, its done to give the player more flexibility and freedom during dialogues.

Or to rephrase it from PR to English, its done so you can smash your head against the keyboard during dialogues and still come out on top.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
With all the things wrong in FO3/NV, the dialogue system was actually good. I guess this is in accordance with Bethesda two steps forward, one step backwards philosophy.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So we should be eternally grateful towards Bethesda, because Fallout 4 is the lesser(it isn't) big pile of steaming shit compared to the other huge piles of shit games in the same genre being released now?

Sticking feathers up your ass, don't make you a chicken, breh. Shit gaem is shit, no matter how you compare it.

Yes, in the land where everyone is racing to the bottom, Bethesda is still managing to hang on there somewhere and not making total shit.

John_Blazze

Augur
A small map filled with content is nothing more than a potato land. I know that my opinion is not much popular here, but The Witcher 3 is the right way in terms of level design in open world games. It has empty space with nothing, but that is necessary to allow the world to...breath.

Never once did I ever think that the world felt empty while playing Witcher 3.
CDP made fair share of fucked up design decisions but I have never seen a better realised world.

Shit feels like a place instead of just a "map".

F4's world already looks like map design was made by one man in his spare time.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Never once did I ever think that the world felt empty while playing Witcher 3.
CDP made fair share of fucked up design decisions but I have never seen a better realised world.

Agreed. I hated the living shit out of dozens of things in Witcher 3. But the world building is the best I have ever seen in my life. By a mile. You can ride into a random swamp and it feels like it was handcrafted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom