Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Is there a place up in the heights called the lover's lookout, or passion's point, or perchance, the knoll of non-consent?

It's probably going to be at the quiet top of some tower or another, the capital's on pretty flat land for the most part.

lightbane

Arcane
Dunno if that was asked already or not, but I'm curious: can spells and techniques be used together? As in, for example to combine Battle Aura with Gygadine on the caster, in order to improve our agility and physical power to the maximum.

Preview of next update choices:

A. Compliment her dress.

B. Hold her hand.

C. Hug her.

D. Move in for a kiss.

E. Move in for a kiss. With tongue.

F. Gygadine is the answer.

Fixed. Added the option that was missing.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wist Points

A. You ask to go to the highest point in the city. It would provide you with a great vantage point of the city itself and the surrounding lands, and best of all, you have also heard that high places can help get the heart beating fast, increasing the chances that a spark of romance will ignite. +3

B. You ask to be led to the best riverside location in the city. It will offer you an insight into the volume of trade travelling the rivers, as well as a perfect spot to stop, take a break, and admire the sights. Best of all, you have also heard that women generally consider riverine tours to be romantic. +1

C. You ask to be brought to the seedy side of the city. The brothels! The gambling dens! The slave pens! The tour that she has led you on has been remarkably sanitized: you are sure Yuiria has its shadier side, and you would like to see it with your own eyes. -5

D. You get out while the going is good, call it a day, attempt to extract a promise from Wisteria to have another day out together, intercept Rin and Aria before they get up to any mischief, and return to the tavern. You have seen enough of the city for the moment. 0

Dunno if that was asked already or not, but I'm curious: can spells and techniques be used together? As in, for example to combine Battle Aura with Gygadine on the caster, in order to improve our agility and physical power to the maximum.

Yes, they can stack.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A. You ask to go to the highest point in the city. It would provide you with a great vantage point of the city itself and the surrounding lands, and best of all, you have also heard that high places can help get the heart beating fast, increasing the chances that a spark of romance will ignite. +3
Figures. A remote place, a bit of privacy, a beautiful view. Plus, us concentrated on a single goal.

Hmm, how many Wist points do we need to unlock a special scene? :M

lightbane

Arcane
So, we made the right choice. Not the best, but at least it's a step in the right direction. :incline:

Hmm, how many Wist points do we need to unlock a special scene? :M

You have to ask? 69 42, obviously. Perhaps it would be good for the readers to have a table with our current "affection points" for each of our current companions and persons of interest (preferably female, of course). It would help Codexers to decide which actions to take.

Nevill

Arcane
at least it's a step in the right direction.
Depends on how many steps there are in the staircase. :?

Perhaps it would be good for the readers to have a table with our current "affection points" for each of our current companions and persons of interest (preferably female, of course).
I suspect this is more of a one-time experiment, since we chose a date as a reward. Sort-of like a minigame.

Nevertheless, it seems like there is a logical pattern.
A. “What are your hobbies?” +1
B. “What do you do for work?” +1
D. “What do you think of the political situation of this kingdom?” -1
E. “What sort of men do you like?” -1
F. “How important is sexual compatibility to you in a partnership?” -5

B. You ask to be led to the best riverside location in the city. It will offer you an insight into the volume of trade travelling the rivers, as well as a perfect spot to stop, take a break, and admire the sights. Best of all, you have also heard that women generally consider riverine tours to be romantic. +1
C. You ask to be brought to the seedy side of the city. The brothels! The gambling dens! The slave pens! The tour that she has led you on has been remarkably sanitized: you are sure Yuiria has its shadier side, and you would like to see it with your own eyes. -5
Looks like on this date we can have a girl, an infodump, but not both - and the lulz won't get us anywhere. Had I known there would be more chances to win Wist over, I would have gone for a more gradual approach.

Still, I hope that our first question lets us end on 'if you ever feel uncertain about your arranged marriage, I might be able to help you out' note. :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not getting Wist Points, or getting negative points, doesn't mean it's a bad choice.

After all, there's always the tactic of building up a negative reputation with the girl only to flip it around at a crucial moment, making a huge impression that turns -100 into 100. Love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin after all. :M

Nevill

Arcane
After all, there's always the tactic of building up a negative reputation with the girl only to flip it around at a crucial moment, making a huge impression that turns -100 into 100. Love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin after all. :M
Another one of Erdrick's brilliant stratagems? :M

Rin would be the best waifu, hands down. A perfect fit.

lightbane

Arcane
Erd clearly is a late descendant/reincarnation of Rance. Too bad he's far less succesful and assertive than him for now. Worse, I don't think he has thought about an anti-conception spell yet, which is probably in his best interest to develop at some point.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Riverine Sights

Sitting on a bench on the bank, you are barely able to see the other shore of the river Amscray. One of the two rivers travelling through the capital region, it flows from the mountain ranges of the far west and down towards what Wisteria had called the Sea of Sand. There, it poured out into a swamp basin in the midst of the inhospitable desert before eventually continuing on its way towards the sea. The wildlife becomes extremely aggressive the further one travels down the river, and even more so once the river enters the desert. Many gods-fearing, money-loving, enterprising Methussians had tried and failed to stake out a route through the swamp and the desert, leaving behind nothing but the fragments of their bones (salamanders liked chewing on those) and scraps of their failed expeditionary gear (number one on the most desired bedding list for sandworms). As such, Amscray has primarily served as an internal trading route for Methuss throughout the kingdom’s history, its minor tributaries spreading across the land. This seems borne out by the amount of boats plying the waters. The river’s waters sparkle, although you are unsure whether it does so because of its purity or because of some form of magical pollution that you are yet unaware of.

“What do you think, Muhchacraken?” asks Wisteria. “Isn’t it magnificent? Amscray, one of the two rivers that run through the capital. They were named after the twin attendants of Elmeth, and are vital to our kingdom as much as any army.”

“Oh, I’m sure your forebears have considered the defensive and offensive capabilities of these rivers,” you say, glancing at the far off walls. “Gates?”

“I can’t say anything about that,” grins Wisteria, seeming to be in a slightly better mood than before. She leads you down to a dock where two soldiers are standing. They salute her upon her approach, then eye your hat nervously. After conversing with them for a bit, the soldiers step aside, allowing access to a simple wooden boat. “Come. Let me take you on a tour of the river.”

You walk towards the boat, and then stop, hesitating.

“What’s the matter? The mighty Sir Trider is afraid of a little water?”

“Oh, no, not exactly. I’m just no good at rowing.” It’s pointless physical exertion when you could always just power a boat with a well-placed wind spell. That you have never managed to row a boat properly without spinning in circles for the first half hour is besides the point.

Wisteria laughs. “I would not make a guest do that. I will do it.”

“It is not very gentlemanly of me to leave the labour to you, but I suppose I have no choice,” you sigh with false reluctance.

The boat departs with just the both of you. As the shaky, unstable, vessel makes its way towards the center of the river, where it is presumably at its deepest, you seem to spot something large and white gliding towards you at high speed, the water parting in front of it a heavy spray of surf.

“What is that, Wist?”

“That? Hm… oh, it must be one of the dolphins that frequent the river. They come into the city once in a while. But that seems quite a bit too large to be one…” Wisteria squints her eyes. “Wait. Is that… a cow?”

She’s right. It’s Lucy.

Before you can wonder what the cow’s doing here, it disappears beneath the surface of the river, diving. Mere seconds later, a strong impact smashes the boat, breaking it in two and sending you and Wisteria splashing into the river. You sink, the heavy clothes weighing you down. Whirling around in a flurry of cloth and limbs, you make an attempt to orient yourself. Through the sun-dappled gloom, you see Rin holding an unconscious Wisteria by the neck. She gives you a serious nod and a thumbs up before swimming away with a perfect butterfly kick, cutting through the water as easily as she would fly through the air.

Holding back the urge to blow up the river, you struggle after her.

You surface at a more remote end of the river nearly ten minutes later, where tall trees growing along the bank conceal you from any potential nosy eyes. Aria is waiting for you there, waving excitedly. Wisteria is lying flat on her back, unmoving. Rin is grinning with the air of someone who has just completed a job well done.

“Excellent ploy, Erdrick, luring this woman out like that,” she says, “She will be a good source of information when we bring her back to Grahferde.”

“Right. How did you… you know?”

“Oh, you underestimate me again,” she grins slyly. “I did not take lessons from the Corrupted Sage for nothing.” The Corrupted Sage… ah, yes, you remember. The old demon with the grossly enlarged head. You had poked it with a Lightning Spear and it had deflated with a funny puffing noise. “When I saw you dismiss the man, leaving only the woman behind, I knew instantly the purpose you had in mind for this outing. Well, there was no need for you to say a word after that.” Then, she gives you a brilliant, beautiful and insufferably smug smile that seems to say, ‘didn’t I do good?’.

“I must admit that it was a pretty good plan even for you,” says Aria grudgingly. “How are we going to bring her back, though?”

“Teleportation, of course,” says Rin simply. “Need that question even be asked?”

You glance at Wisteria, who has remained still all this while. Not moving. Her wet red hair is plastered to her pale cheeks, her eyes closed as if in slumber. Her bust is not moving up and down like it rightfully should, and you stare intensely at her wet chest for a few long seconds just to be sure. “Rin?” you ask slowly. “Did you by any chance do anything too… roughly?”

“Hm? Maybe I gripped her neck a bit too… wait… oh.” She glances at the prone Knight-Captain.

Aria bends over and checks Wisteria’s pulse. “Oh.”

Dammit, Rin.

A. Her heart would not have stopped for too long: it might not be too late. Even though your weak healing spells would not do the trick, there might be a priest or healer somewhere in the city that can restore a fresh corpse. Grabbing the newly dead Wisteria, you run for help.

B. This is not something you can solve by yourself. Perhaps Zayan has a way. You follow through with Rin’s original plan of kidnapping Wisteria, bringing the dead Knight-Captain back to Grahferde. If you can fix her up quickly, things might still work out to your advantage.

C. You dump the body back into the river and slink away. This is none of your business. If anyone asks, you will just claim that you got attacked by a wild dolphin, got away, and did not know what happened to Knight-Captain Wisteria.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Oh dear. :lol:

I'm not sure what to go with. B will certainly burn the bridges we had here, what with kidnapping such a prominent young flower of Methuss and all even for righteous reasons. Taking that might be good to ensure that we're on a hostile path with them.

On the other hand, attracting the enmity of the kingdom we're in may not be the best idea while we're still so weak quite yet...

I think I'll go with A > B for now.

Nevill

Arcane
:lol::lol::lol:.

Wait, make it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Forget it.
melgibson2.jpg
Rin best waifu, indeed. Neat trick with Lucy, too. We need to remember she doubles as a torpedo.

The kidnapping plan is not the worst one. Mad science will show us the way! Alternatively, there will be another body in cold storage for an aspiring necrofiliac. We might want to start a collection.

B.

I'm not sure what to go with. B will certainly burn the bridges we had here, what with kidnapping such a prominent young flower of Methuss and all even for righteous reasons.
She was on the boat, she fell in the river, she died. As far as anyone is concerned.

Well, until she resurfaces, that is.

A is not bad by any means, either, if we manage to undo it and keep Rin's involvement under wraps. Now that I think of it, I might even prefer it. Ever so slightly. A.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Isn't it a bit funny that she disappears while she's on the date that we set up in front of everyone prominent at Methuss? That, and that we'd also be gone?

They're not idiots, they would have to know that we're involved.

Nevill

Arcane
That, and that we'd also be gone?
I thought we would return... no?

I wonder if we can't pin this as an 'assasination attempt' on someone in A. Nearly not enough enemies for that yet - the only ones we have is Nostrils and Brescia, and they aren't someone who would be interested in having Wist gone... :?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Maybe Zayan teaches you magic CPR to revive her, or she can make a replacement Wisteria to stand in for a bit. :M

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm:
That has to be one of the most elaborate ways of cock-blocking someone. So much for "Wisteria points". Also, that Lucy attack. :lol: She's totally in league with the other girls.

Right, so C is out of the question because not only they saw us with her, but that a Knight-Captain drowned when she was travelling with a powerful mage is suspicious.

B is tempting, but perhaps mad science is not the best answer to revive someone (at least so that they keep their memories).

Therefore, I vote for A. Whatever happens, hopefully she won't remember the event.

PS: I bet that had A won, Wist would have been "accidentally" killed as well. Right treave?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom