Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Post-Release Update #1: 10,000 copies sold, upcoming updates and future projects

Saduj

Arcane
If AOD dungeon crawl will feature NPCs that can be recruited into party, request that you make Fulvio the Assassin one of the NPCs. Dude is a fucking bro and doesn't even get a mention in ending slides....

likaq

Arcane
No fixed camera

Be+Happy.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
If AOD dungeon crawl will feature NPCs that can be recruited into party, request that you make Fulvio the Assassin one of the NPCs. Dude is a fucking bro and doesn't even get a mention in ending slides....

This. Or just add a quick scene in AoD where he says good luck or something. SOMETHING.

Zeriel

Arcane
Party size and quality will depend on your Charisma

CHA4 - 1 party member, CHA6 - 2, CHA8 - 3, CHA10 - 4.

Alternatively:
CHA4 - 1, CHA5 - 2, CHA7 - 3, CHA9 - 4.

I always thought this would be a cool idea. Charisma either tends to be a dump stat or a dialogue unlocker threshold, using it as a combat stat always struck me as cool, either to unlock more party members or as the basis for "rallying" stuff (i.e commander-type skills).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What do you mean by fixing up thieves? Are we talking big changes or just some niceties? Cuz I'm running a thief right now. Should I stop?
It doesn't say fixing. I meant adding more thieving opportunities outside of questlines and making traps more useful.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vince, you need to tone down manning the forums and transition into design. Can't wait for the new games! :)

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I think he needs to man the forums post launch. Controling the narrative in social media (like forums) is the 21th century battleground, see Trump and the JIDF, a great warrior and a great army.

He can worry about developing later, after all this has cooled down.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
the financial side of independent development is so depressing. actually, no, just the financial side of life in general.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Looking forward to the Colony Ship but I'd prefer an AoD sequel that is done in Fallout style (a genuine Fallout with swords). I just love AoD setting and combat system.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Why do I get the feeling that Colony Ship RPG is going to end up being "Iron Tower Studio's not-UnderRail"

I imagine the Colony Ship RPG having a certain style that hopefully players will find unique, but I have yet to develop the setting's visuals so right now it's just in my head. Once I wrap up the remaining tasks for AoD, I'll develop some ideas and (assuming the team likes them) share them with the codex.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I imagine the Colony Ship RPG having a certain style that hopefully players will find unique, but I have yet to develop the setting's visuals so right now it's just in my head. Once I wrap up the remaining tasks for AoD, I'll develop some ideas and (assuming the team likes them) share them with the codex.

Who are you?

throwaway

Cipher
Are we just gonna gloss over the (possible) Unreal 4 thing. Surely the assets required for that would take considerable resources if the game to look at least 2010s-ish.

Zeriel

Arcane
There are indie games that use Unreal. It's just an engine. And anyway, it's obvious that the areas made towards the end of Age of Decadence's dev cycle are pretty high quality relative to the limitations of Torque. Al-Akia, Hellgate, the Temple, they all look ace and would have been AA~ quality in the early 2000's when Torque was relevant. I think Iron Tower could pull it off just fine as long as they don't try to make the world too big.

CWagner

Augur
Really glad it sold that well. Having a lot of fun/frustration with it at the moment :)
I even managed to make one of my friends buy it on day 1 (I preordered a year or so ago).

Congrats VD and Iron Tower in general, hope a lot more will sell!

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
The party-based dungeon crawler idea sounds really interesting, I would love to see your take on a tactics rpg. Put in some interesting npcs and branching levels and its a solid idea.

Aenra

Good news! I wish you get your 30k and then some guys. And for the third time thus far, my congratulations to you all ITS. An amazing fucking game. Not your typical storyfag (if at all), but still rating it as a 10/10. First """mature""" RPG narrative i have come to read in quite some time! Well done :)

Party size and quality will depend on your Charisma

Can i congratulate you some more?

Lastly, i hope (minority if not the single exception as that will make me) that from now on, having financial incentives and all they entail, the team will behave in a manner both professional and ethical, and refrain from overly commiting/engaging themselves in threads related to other titles. Of other studios or companies. While yes, hardly the direct fearful competition, principles are just that. And as such, they should be expected regardless.
We have developers who chime in in threads related to themselves or their games, and i am glad to see them participating, seeing that they limit themselves to those and those alone. Just like we have others who have neither notion nor care, and find it perfectly alright to not only freely comment on anything, but actually go on to criticise. Financial motivations regardless. Much as they may be right (and they are), it is besides the point.
And VD (assuming you read this), i am not as clueless as my join date would have me. Am fully aware of your past position here. Just as i am now of your present. Merely expressing a wish if you will, no offense meant.

/salute ITS :)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Maybe Matthew will help boost AoD sales further

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom