Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

archaen

Cipher
Patron
H

Esquilax

Arcane
“He can file in a request for that when I drop by the Mage’s Guild. Today is a day for you, Wist.” You try another dazzling smile, but the effect is lost as Wisteria makes a point of not looking at you.

“Y-yes. I shall do my best to carry out my duty as your guide to the city,” she says haltingly.

I initially thought H was a great idea, but that usually only works if the girl is interested in you in the first place. That seems to be something of a stumbling block for ol' Erdrick. I'd rather get her comfortable by talking about a subject that she's probably interested in to get her relaxed, while simultaneously fishing for an infodump. Alternatively, I am all for turning this date into a fucking disaster for lulz.

D > F

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fucking Disaster would be like... yeah, Confession at the Shaolin Gauntlet. This wouldn't be that bad. :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
Yay, an update! Too bad it is rather anticlimatic. Pansy nobles, we summon a grandiose beast that promises a good spectacle, and yet they're immediately scared. Although the fact that Erd delayed in order to take some food didn't help with our freshly changed reputation. :lol:

Speaking of which, False Prophecy sounds like a way more powerful spell in spite of being considered a Rank-D spell. I wonder what would be its higher level variation.

Anyway, Julius clearly finished doing his magical scanning and he ran off to check what data can he find about Erd. Hopefully nothing bad will result from this.

By the way, these summons clearly act quite alive in spite of being magical forces given form. I wonder what happens when they're idle and left alone and without orders for a while. Probably worth an experiment.

Anyway, Aria and Rin are totally-not stalking us. So this won't end well anyway.

Knowing this, I'll defer to Gk's wisdom. What's the worst that can happen?

F>B>C>H>A>G

Also, Erd should ask Barbatos advice about women for extra hilarity.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That was... wow. I must say that I have expected something less spectacular. A tiger twice the size of a horse? That's some big kitten.

We seem to have invoked Royal displeasure and horrified everyone for some reason... perhaps they didn't expect us to be as strong as we were, or perhaps we broke some kind of unwritten rule - like 'do not spill liquor on royalty' - but I think it was an acceptable trade-off of having a cat finish a duel with its magnificent posture, as opposed to having the dogs duke it out in an undignified manner. Cat master race proves that it is superior once again.

It also looks like 'Nostrils' is going to be the count's nickname regardless.

I wonder what Farland was upset about. We didn't collar grab Duke Brescia, did we? Even though I really wanted to... :negative: Hell, we didn't even collar-grab Nostrils! And there were no casualties except for his pantaloons. I do not think he has much to complain about! :decline:

Quite funny that the girls have followed us on a date. I wonder what this would result in...

Anyway, guys, guys. Let's not screw this up. One of the major reasons why I invited Wisteria was - besides her being a pretty girl - to make fun of Nostrils. If we know what glue is - barely - holding thenm together, and I expect this to be a political necessity of some sort, we can work on disrupting it, which would both rustle his jimmies and free the girl for further advancements. So I would probably choose G.

Then again, talking about one's fiance might not be the best topic for the first date. :?

I'm sure she'll either ask about our multiclassing
A perfect question to spin a story about an intergalactic Hero and the slayer of Demon Lords! With multiple installments, to set up hooks for more dates. :M

I'd rather get her comfortable by talking about a subject that she's probably interested in to get her relaxed, while simultaneously fishing for an infodump.
What makes you think a Knight is intererested in a relaxed talk about politicking, seeing how she is getting married off to a man she does not like or respect due to exactly that?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
By the way, the recent changes to the charlist are:
Methuss Kingdom: +10 (Neutral)
Capital City Yuiria: -10 (Neutral)
Adventurer's Guild: +5 (Neutral)
The prominent nobles passively dislike us, but the more common folk seem to sympathize with us walking all over Nostrils. And the Adventurer's guild seems to respect us a little, though less than I'd like.

An Overlord being best pals with adventurers... now that would be a sight!

Baltika9

Arcane
Being an adventurer ourselves, I'm pretty sure we can negotiate then away from the kingdoms.
The Adventurer's Rebellion, that would be a sight to see.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"Barbatos, oh Barbatos, please help me out!"

"What dost thou need, o wielder of mine?"

"How do I get popular with girls?"

"Bah! Girls! Nothing more than needless distractions! To walk the solitary path of carnage, a true master of the Fist needs only his right hand. Maybe his left, if he wants to mix it up a little. Guhahahahahaha!"

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Barbatos, oh Barbatos, please help me out!"

"What dost thou need, o wielder of mine?"

"How do I get popular with girls?"

"Bah! Girls! Nothing more than needless distractions! To walk the solitary path of carnage, a true master of the Fist needs only his right hand. Maybe his left, if he wants to mix it up a little. Guhahahahahaha!"
Fuck you too, Barb. Fuck you too. Jesus Christ.

Nevill

Arcane
Fucking Disaster would be like... yeah, Confession at the Shaolin Gauntlet. This wouldn't be that bad. :lol:
I think this needs to be quoted in its full glory, lest the newcomers take this as any kind of a reassuring statement.
Behold the collaborative effort of the best Codexian writers!
“We have much to talk about and solve between us, but first I want us to complete this together. Do you trust me? Remember, I did jump off my horse for you. I don't like to lose, and I am stronger with you than without you. We're better fighting together than alone. Remember that night against Changfeng? And the fight with the toad demon? The heavens themselves cannot keep us apart it seems. Whatever we do, we always end up together. Now, let's finish this gauntlet as we started it. A pair. Qilin and Cao'er might refer to you as "third", but you were the one I first proposed to, even if I did not know it at the time. Long ago, I promised you the moon and the stars for your love. I'm still coming up short, but here's a spark to start. Get up Holy Maiden, this race isn't over yet. Either I kiss you, or we find a toad demon. And THEN I kiss you. Because I'm not going to leave you. Not again. Though, in truth, I never did. You've always been with me. In my mind...and in my heart."

*whips out the wolfs fang amulet*

“Now if you still want to kill me I understand. My life's in your hands... But I think the Abbot would be terribly disappointed... if I kiss the Abbot right now, will he explode? I'd love to find out, but I need your help, because I'm not sure if he's willing. I need you, I need you to help us do this together. I’ve always needed you all these years. I'd have no one else here but you, Yunzi, now let's go kick some ass!"
Codex as a whole is romantic in a very, uh, particular way. :M

Also, even in a self-made love confession we had to fantasize about kissing an old muscular dude...:negative:
Now that I think about it, doesn't H look somewhat bad because it makes it all about us, and you are the one who is supposed to show an interest in the girl, not the other way around?

Clearly we need a freeform dating option where we get to write the script for the character.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
*checks spoiler*

I... I'm not sure what the hell was that about. I would like to have a little more of context. Even then, it's quite bad indeed. Good thing there's an appropiate picture for these situations. :codexisfor:

“Why, thoust lack of trust in thine own fist might almost be forgiven,” comments Barbatos grudgingly. “Good taste. Very stylish animal. Well-suited for performing uppercuts, I must say.”

That gives me an idea for something to try later: fuse one/several summoned creature(s) with our own body/Gauntlet in order to improve our physical power (or at least our punches). In fact, I wonder if the presence of Barbatos will alter the use of Gygadine Verandert (such as a transformation sequence or something).

Baltika9

Arcane
Who gives a fuck about her, all we want is to get laid.
On a more serious note, treave, one question I would like to work into the ensuing conversation, if possible, is the displeasure at seeing our cat summon. Is it a religious thing for them?

Nevill

Arcane
(such as a transformation sequence or something)
Oh God, we get a transformation sequence now? Are we turning into a magical girl?!

Well, as long as we get a pretty outfit to go with it, it's alright, I suppose...

Is it a religious thing for them?
I would assume it's 'being scared to death by a demonstration of an overwhelming force in a mock duel'.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if we called down a dragon. :M

Last edited:

wjw

Augur
Map time Thursday has arrived:

TOJdmm3VT6wyFH3ir2IYJt6l-YCZ-E1UkMUDsdf7oS1s16ZR_JlUgYQL0riA5YRA7vHeEFW9x6alcnElr0u--5h_PqaqWBoqbKS-Z7veXVVeDLjzF-jvD0AdRaUlj3tO8ldwHaR8u_2eEfrESlIHssGRKWFar7-sZ-DxAryvodXzaCjxMewt_X0h4K5Hg6bksJceDJWqE_yRakmi401-TsyPfcC8aS8g6Q-_JRmV14ni2rqMAFYSPwPq-98JJ-reAbONDz286Q3jRl9Hbx8zDJKm-koHCV3KIQaE9SPV2u58qGU4TF9PCM1H79O2R3WDYrDdop0JP46gkZtbmjDSwgd70xYZeoQOEa-bC9T3_vStE43TTiuDUtNTajCMqjqLIUh-UZRh7C7nByJ5d5j5gTcCeqJax0SqD0XQtN2U34vJaXB22ZGYVlHckb31n7Xi3lcpvSVsulIiIa5qBDF8fyPxeIOPugQfAd8xyqGBxlBsau67DQgTtnH0uF4W41EO5LW6Fdo3xBRq6JNoHkAHKvcufRiqitjpcFKbErcI3qU=w1386-h979-no

>> High Res Version <<

lightbane

Arcane
Oh God, we get a transformation sequence now? Are we turning into a magical girl?!

Well, as long as we get a pretty outfit to go with it, it's alright, I suppose...

Guys can also have these, you know. Power Rangers, Digimon, Shadow Hearts, Tekkaman Blade, Saint Seya and Bleach are some examples. There's also that manga which I don't remember its name right now that had a boy transform into a magical girl (for parodic purposes, of course). Gender equality in ridiculous sequences for everyone!

Also, kudos for that map, wjw. Did you draw it yourself, or did you employ something like Photoshop?

EDIT: I believe I found our electric tiger. Imagine something like this, but with more sparks and lightning bolts:

12115664_976408775731245_7819506666505520844_n.jpg

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
So this LP is a collaborative project? :hug:

What, our village is actually on Dijeh's border, of all kingdoms? How the hell did Barzam sneak 100+ men all the way into a Methussian territory with no one batting an eyelid?

Where are the ruins, are they in the forest, or are they somewhere in the open?

It is kind of neat how the forest stretches all into Galbaldy and Dijeh. Makes it extremely easy for a small party to cross the borders between all three and come out somewhere in the middle of a neighbouring kingdom. Surgical strikes, raids, smuggling - you name it. You'd think that Methuss, being the larger of the three states, would have made its borders coincide with the outline of the forest. Right now they might as well not have a border at all.

That's one hell of a detour we've taken on the way to the capital city. Hm, it's standing on two rivers at once, and the ones that dip into the neighbouring kingdoms as well. Must be a very large trading hub.

One of the rivers flows almost straight to Erise/Grahferde. I wonder why the patrols never reach them. If anything, they are almost directly on a river trading route between Dijeh and Methuss, and the trade between two states was implied to flourish. I can't possibly believe that they are a village in a middle of nowhere. :M

wjw

Augur
The ruins are east from Grahferde, slightly visible on the map. You can spot it easily in the high res version though.

lightbane: The map is nearly fully drawn in Photoshop, using a Bamboo Pallet Fun, probably the cheapest drawing pallet available, but it does the job. Some things are done in Illustrator like the borders and the roads. Everything is hand drawn though, as in, i used no specific map brush sets.

Nevill

Arcane
What is that... thing in the middle of a second, yet unnamed, forest? Looks like a marsh... or a rift? :?

wjw

Augur
I was trying out clearings in the forests, for Grahferde. That one failed was supposed to be removed, but it turned out to look a bit like a marsh/lake. I made something out of it, and its still there. Treave might or might not pick up on it. It might also magically vanish in futher updates. :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There is no direct route between Dijeh and Methuss despite sharing a border. They travel through Galbaldy overland, along the Ixnay river. Also, the village is a lot further from the river than the map implies. It's not to scale. Any borders within the forest are ill-defined.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A
This is good way to find out, if wisteria is truly incline jrpg girl who enjoys turn based combat.
Like chess or whatever the fuck they play here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom