Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vault Dweller: Age of Decadence needs to sell 45,000 copies to be successful

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a serious conversation in there about how hard it is to do so much reading in RPGs.

I guess they didn't play Pillars then.. man that was hard reading. Felt like some stuff took forever to go through, the lore dumps reminded me of the old college textbooks.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Just bought the game. It is thursday after all. While I dislike the inherent cynicysm and nihilism* of it all, it still is an incredible piece of work. Kudos to Vault Dweller to actually getting this out into the world. It must have been a hell of a ride.

*Fucking slavs, mang.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I am communicating the release to most everybody I know who are interested in RPGs, especially those who I know loved the fallout (1-2) and IE games. This must sell.:argh:

Mustawd

There's a serious conversation in there about how hard it is to do so much reading in RPGs.

Things like this make my blood boil. Totally serious.

-Was there voice over in "For Whom the Bell Tolls" when *spoiler* the main character falls off his horse, shatters his leg, and says goodbye to his Spanish love? NO

-Was there voice over in "Farewell to Arms" and Hemingway *spoiler* breaks your fucking heart by killing the protagonist's love and his child in one fell swoop? NO

-Was there voice over in Dr. Fastaus when he signs over his soul to the devil? NO

-Was there voice over in Lord of the Flies when society breaks down and they kill the poor kid with glasses? NO

-Was there voice over in Great expectations when *spoiler* Pip realizes Ms. H. is a batshit crazy woman and is not his benefactor? Fucking NO

I'm in my early 30s, and technically a millennial, but Jesus Fucking Christ on a Cracker...WTF is wrong with this goddamn entitled, babied, spoiled generation of fucks where they can't be bothered to read in a goddamn video game? Do you soulless excuses for human beings realize that people fucking died in frozen foxholes during WW2 to give you freedom to be a worthless waste of life on this earth?

I think what I'm trying to say is: Fuck YOU. Read goddamn it!

Last edited by a moderator:

bat_boro

Arcane
I certainly hope so, I would think things are looking better than expected so far, top sellers charts and all!

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I believe that everyone in this thread is wondering how exactly (The) AoD is selling. Are we going to get that marvelous spaceship rpg, Vault Dweller ?
Let the dust settle and ask again after a week or a month. They should sell steadily now as more and more people get to know about the game by the word of mouth and scant mentions on the various websites.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I believe that everyone in this thread is wondering how exactly (The) AoD is selling. Are we going to get that marvelous spaceship rpg, Vault Dweller ?
075012.png

^Before and after.

bat_boro

Arcane
Colony ship is definitely a-go. All aboard!

I would certainly hope that you have enough money to throw a big party for the team involving hookers and tons of coke too!

Seriously, congrats guys, it's always good to see hard work pay off!

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
^Before and after.

Your total sales from the last two years marginalised by a single day. You deserve it. I had all but quit playing games and now I'm looking forward to the added content, the dungeon crawler and your colony ship game.

Congratulations on your financially solvent development company.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Congrats VD, Elhoim, and team!

Glad it's selling well, we need more games from ITS, more devs trying to evolve the cRPG genre, experimenting, or at least trying to push the current designs to their limits. Aside from you guys, there's only the Torment team that's even making the attempt.

I'll make this mandatory playing for my PnP group, even if I have to buy it for them so they feel guilty enough to play it.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom