Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Monkeysattva

Cipher
Cancer pally, face hunter, tempo mage, patron... Fuck this game. It has been the same old shit for half a year, if not more. TGT was a moronic expansion that changed almost nothing.

Revenant

Yeah, whoever came up with the idea for the Mysterious Challenger card deserves a goblin mecha-blast rocket up his ass. I guess it's time to quit this piece of shit for once.

Andhaira

Arcane
ITZ coming

Event is going to be on Friday November 6, so we should know the preliminary details by end of this month hopefully, if someone data mines the end of month patch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh. They'll announce another adventure for December or January. No big surprise. Hopefully this time it'll have more than four worthwhile cards.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Or hopefully not because any worthwhile cards they release usually end up in super cancer decks.

Did you know that according to Blizzard patron warrior is fine because it's a "difficult deck to play correctly"? Doesn't seem to matter that you can win with it even if you play like a retard.
Or that secret paladin if fine because "it doesn't kill you in one turn you see it coming", whatever that means.

:hearnoevil:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can't explain how they thought Mysterious Challenger was balanced. A 6/6 with 5 mana worth of secrets for only 6 mana? So you're paying 1 mana for a 6/6. Seems legit. And people think Mad Scientist is too strong but at least that has to DIE before the secret is played and you can always silence it for tempo reasons.

Andhaira

Arcane
They like Mysterious Challenger because to use it most effectively you need to have all wings of Naxx, in order to get Avenge.

It is not a coincidence that most cancer decks include adventure cards (Patron, Emperor, Scientist, Avenge w. Challenger, etc). Huntards also used to have Undertake, which usually meant game won if they played it early.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The Mysterious Challenger redeemed the Pally's shitty secrets though. It's way of buffing older cards without really touching them.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Played against a secrets Paladin for the first time ever as a Rogue. Got BTFO. I'm not sure if I can do better just by having more experience against it, but that does feel like a very powerful deck. Definitely something that would prey upon newbies as secrets are getting harder and harder to play around with there being so many.

I was dicking around with secret pally over the weekend. Won 5 out of 5 games and had 0 fun. Deck is strong but fucking boring to play. No idea how people can stomach the tedium of grinding it up the ladder.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I just got from rank 6 to rank 3 without losing a single game playing pirate rogue. I never imagined it could be actually viable on ladder. Anyway I lost the next two matches so I called it a day.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The creepy thing is, lorewise, Anduin is 20ish and Jaina is probably close to 40.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Lorewise, I thought they made him a teenager (15-16), so even creepier than that.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The following balance change will be made in an upcoming patch:

Warsong Commander now reads: Your Charge minions have +1 Attack.

Wow, literally killing Patron warrior. Guess Blizzard wants people to play Secret Paladin or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom