Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Archibald

Arcane
Well they are going out with a bang, thats for sure. I guess its safe bet that might and magic franchise will now be milked with those card games and thats that?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Watched about 10 mins on Youtube and jesus is the presentation fucking hideous. HOMAM6 cutscenes were very basic too but nothing like this abomination. And otherwise it was fairytaley and pretty.

This thing though looks so budget I don't even. Times New Roman font all over the UI, lol.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't understand why did they have chosen the motionless 3D route, its p.pointless and feels awkard all the time. Some 2D screens like loading screens would be much more better.
In mission dialog "screen" feel awkard too...

bloodlover

Arcane
Because as someone said on this forum, you can't see the horse's balls unless it's in 3D. I wish they would have kept the style from the old games but that's probably uncomprehensable for a 2015 game.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Yes this game is obviously made for the fans,and obviously is so complicated you need a 100 page manual to learn basic game mechanics.
As usual he has no idea what is he talking about but at least he gets the graphics and ui suck thing tight.

And speaking about the new king bounty,the ai is tied directly with the biggest problem the game has, repetitive mobs.
Actual hand picked encounters require actual game design and it is easier to place random mobs of monster for you to fight.
And even then the player always had major advantages over the ai in terms of special powers(dragon,Valkyries) and magic.
Yes some special mobs had champions but even they were limited in terms of spells.
How the hell is the ai supposed to be competitive considering terrain in these games(too small and random obstacles which are rare) doesn't play a role whatsoever and the player has too much of a advantage with powers.
It would probably require changing the series into sort of a puzzle strategy game hybrid which i doubt they are wiling to do.

Last edited:

pippin

Does anybody know why they call the games M&M Heroes instead of Heroes of M&M?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Does anybody know why they call the games M&M Heroes instead of Heroes of M&M?

So that people know that it's from the same franchise as Might and Magic X. Unified naming scheme.

Cadmus

Arcane
I watched the video of that fucking imbecile child cock-sucker asshole totalretard and the game seems like they cut back on the insanely overblown art
(that retarded motherfucker doesn't know that the governors were introduced in Homam4)
the game looks ok if you're fine with the disgusting style of homam5 and 6, I like that they went back to the old mage guilds
I haven't seen anything worth playing the game for except getting more of the same though. I'll try it once they've fixed the performance issues but I have a strong suspicion that this is the end for the buttfucked franchise.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I don't understand why did they have chosen the motionless 3D route, its p.pointless and feels awkard all the time. Some 2D screens like loading screens would be much more better.
In mission dialog "screen" feel awkard too...

My guess is that they were going to do 3D cinematics but ran out of either time or money (or both) and ended up stuck with motionless 3D.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Enemy melee doesn't seem to prioritize shooters or even low def units anymore. The going theory is that they simply engage the closest target.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Situation Status: 02/10 – 7:45PM CEST 10/02/2015 | 148 comments

Hello Heroes,

First of all we would like to thank you all for your patience and support in those last days. We have been carefully reading your feedback/bugs report and many of you shared a great interest in the game despite remaining issues (some already played more than 35 hours!!!).

Upcoming Patch (more information to come)
The team is currently working a first patch and we will keep you updated on our progress on this matter in the upcoming week. Our objective is to tackle on this update emergency topics such as:
  • Multiplayer desync, Global performances, Broken script in campaigns, Save/Load issues, Balancing and more to be confirmed.
Cheat Window
Before the weekend, we would like also to share with you the activation process of the Cheat window which we hope could help you before the release of this patch.
Important information:
Using cheats is at your own risks. It may alter your save games in major way. So we really want to stress that you have to be careful when using it. The cheat window may have different impacts in your game session since you will not be following the real flow of the maps. For instance teleport feature might not trigger all scripts in the maps required to complete the quests. Use it wisely or you may end up with broken saves.
Once again, use this tool cautiously only if you feel you REALLY need it. How to activate Cheat Window:
  • Open “MMH7Game.ini” available on My Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Config
  • With a “Ctrl+F” keyboard shortcut, look for the line containing: “mDebugCheats=False” (line 276)
  • Replace the “False” by “True” --> “mDebugCheats=True”
  • Save the document before closing it.

7494p5g.jpg

Next time you will launch a game, a little “star” will be available above your command panel, this is the cheat window shortcut.

/!\ Cheat window is unavailable on Multiplayer Lan & Internet games
The cheat window is presented as the following:

Jp9uRbR.jpg

With this window you can:
  • Modify your current Hero stats
  • Teleport
  • Add XP/Resources
  • Build all buildings in your town
  • Enable/Disable Manacost
  • Enable/Disable TurnOver Popup
  • Enable/Disable Movecost
  • Enable/Disable Unlimited Building
  • Enable/Disable Fog of War
  • Upgrade & Change selected Skills/Abilities

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So that people know that it's from the same franchise as Might and Magic X. Unified naming scheme.

If that's the reason, it's retarded. It just switches "Heroes" from a prefix to a suffix.

But I don't mind the change, since VI and VII seem to be a sharp decline compared to HoMM V.

whatevername

Arcane
HMM7 is worthless crap.

You can pick your skills when leveling up so I picked all necromancy skills first and by level 8 ended up with a Cloak of the Undead King equivalent without the liches. Then I raised 1000+ skeletons which replenish themselves like vampires, 200 ghosts and raped 1 of the AIs. Then some time later after I finally found a narrow pass that led to the 3rd AI I one shotted 33 black dragons with 3790 buffed skeletons. At that point my main town has accumulated 6 bone dragons which I never hired.

You can teleport skeletons anywhere with trained prime magic and they gain +50 initiative so you can either kill 2 stacks or teleport them back next turn.

Your hero ends up with full mana after each combat because of ridiculous perks like +10 mana after enemy living stack dies, +20 after combat, +10 when your hero kills something. So you can forget about magic wells and sitting for a day in town magic guilds.

Each AI had 4-5 heroes, but couldn't even hire troops in a town which was captured on the 5th day. Lots of neutrals were still guarding lots of shit in AI territory. 3 times enemy heroes with shit army approached my hero and ended its turn right next to it....

EPIC FAIL.
:deathclaw:

Last edited:

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
HMM7 is worthless crap.

You can pick your skills when leveling up so I picked all necromancy skills first and by level 8 ended up with a Cloak of the Undead King equivalent without the liches. Then I raised 1000+ skeletons which replenish themselves like vampires, 200 ghosts and raped 1 of the AIs. Then some time later after I finally found a narrow pass that led to the 3rd AI I one shotted 33 black dragons with 3790 buffed skeletons. At that point my main town has accumulated 6 bone dragons which I never hired.

You can teleport skeletons anywhere with trained prime magic and they gain +50 initiative so you can either kill 2 stacks or teleport them back next turn.

Your hero ends up with full mana after each combat because of ridiculous perks like +10 mana after enemy living stack dies, +20 after combat, +10 when your hero kills something. So you can forget about magic wells and sitting for a day in town magic guilds.

EPIC FAIL.
:deathclaw:

So, it needs... Balance?

:balance:

:troll:

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
It's a shame. I can't judge the combat system because I can't get myself to play it enough to do so. On first impressions this looked similar to heroes 3. I don't think that they particularly dumbed it down, at least on that aspect the game was't dumbed down.

I have to agree with totalbiscuit. The game looks utterly unappealing, enough to not even be tempted to judge it for it's systems, because they aren't unique enough to justify the effort. If they had tried something entirely different, this would have at least this merit. But why play this game instead of heroes 3? The cutscenes in heroes 3 are more advanced. Even with Heroes 6 I could find some reasons to play it for a little while even if it's a bad game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom