Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #13: Chris Avellone is in!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I liked it everywhere outside of OS and Beyond Divinity...
So you liked it in half of their rpgs and didn't like it in the other half...

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
So you liked it in half of their rpgs and didn't like it in the other half...
Where it was good(Dragon Commander, DivDiv, Div 2) it was good, where it was horribly rushed(OS, BD) it was bad. Nothing surprising here.

that skype call is an artful representation of ultimate manhood. I can almost smell the hard earned sweat on their bodies... licking it off and imbibing their manly juices whilst I softly caress their rock hard and sore muscles... playing with their toes and shit

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Where it was good(Dragon Commander, DivDiv, Div 2) it was good, where it was horribly rushed(OS, BD) it was bad. Nothing surprising here.

DivDiv was technically the same as D:OS, however. The first map really nice, well-developed, interesting and full of quests / things to discover. From then on... Fewer and fewer things to do, and more and more enemies to kill. Culminating in a final map/area that was basically an annual meeting of trash mobs, until the last boss.

(But I liked both games despite this.)

EDIT: Oh, and Dragon Commander was rushed as fuck - Larian themselves admitted this, several times.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
DivDiv was technically the same as D:OS, however. The first map really nice, well-developed, interesting and full of quests / things to discover. From then on... Fewer and fewer things to do, and more and more enemies to kill. Culminating in a final map that was basically an annual meeting of trash mobs, until the last boss.

(But I liked both games despite this.)

Luculla was like playing a different game, I agree. I stopped after killing Boreas because I was bored. We'll see how they made the EE. There was a theory floating around here that said they (and most game developers) focus almost all their effort on the first few hours of the game because most people (and critics) don't finish most games.

Drowed

Arcane
Luculla was like playing a different game, I agree. I stopped after killing Boreas because I was bored. We'll see how they made the EE. There was a theory floating around here that said they (and most game developers) focus almost all their effort on the first few hours of the game because most people (and critics) don't finish most games.

I don't think this was the case here (although there is truth in what you say). To me, it seems more a matter of the fact that the first map of D:OS was open to criticism in EarlyAccess, and so, it ended up getting a lot of attention. The other areas simply have not received the same amount of analysis and, as a consequence of that and the end of Larian' money, were left as they were. So, I don't think it was something planned like that, but something that "turned out that way because of the circumstances" - the end result is the same, but the reason is different.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think this was the case here (although there is truth in what you say). To me, it seems more a matter of the fact that the first map of D:OS was open to criticism in EarlyAccess, and so, it ended up getting a lot of attention. The other areas simply have not received the same amount of analysis and, as a consequence of that and the end of Larian' money, were left as they were. So, I don't think it was something planned like that, but something that "turned out that way because of the circumstances" - the end result is the same, but the reason is different.

I also don't think it's a premeditated move by Larian, because they aren't cynical. But, given the budget limit, they do know that most players and critics don't finish games. The first zone being open in Early Access is also a reason, yes. It's just a combination of events that led to that and is in no way related to Larian being awful :p

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
So Swen is sleeping with that young writing chick? Hope we get some threesome with MCA now...

Ulrox

Arbiter
So Swen is sleeping with that young writing chick? Hope we get some threesome with MCA now...
The sexual tension on the codex is high. I'm glad I dont know you guys in real life - I'd fear rape too much.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The sexual tension on the codex is high. I'm glad I dont know you guys in real life - I'd fear rape too much.
I would rape you not because of any deviant Sexual tension but because there is a point to be made by raping all the mainlanders I see.

sstacks

Arcane
Over in the Chris Avellone and Shanna Germain on Shane Plays Radio Sat 19th talking Numenera thread I mentioned that Chris Avellone had offered to do a special podcast with me to focus on questions and comments from Codexers that I didn't have time to get to during the live radio show.

After hearing this cool news I reached out to Chris and he has agreed to also include discussion about D:OS 2 in the special podcast. More soon! (still scheduling)

Thanks,
Shane

Just an update, the special podcast with Chris Avellone is still on, he and I have been working out the best day. Probably late October.

Best,
Shane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom