Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Darth Roxor on Disappointment, thy name is Pillars of Eternity

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
This thing is epic! I am using it now as a Wallpaper!
Look:
eIfhHxg.jpg

It's not the same without DarkUnderlord's doodle.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Read the thread to find out.

By the way, this is officially the most popular front page piece of all time by very large margin. Darth Roxor should be proud of his accomplishment; this article will define the Codex for years, possibly decades to come.

The day Codex was saved from becoming Obsidian's bitch.

Ninjerk

Arcane
TL;DR

Darth Roxor: Here's my review guys

Infinitron: Ok thanks Darth. We will look it over

*later that day*

Infinitron: [munching on doritos] Guys, Roxor has lost it. Look at how crazy this review is. We shouldn't post it. [swigs mountain dew]

Others: No! This is the codex!! We hate shit; this is perfect!!

Infinitron: Nah...we should wait till Crooked Bee gets back from vacation

*in a PM convo with Darth Roxor and VD*

VD: Infinitron's been talking shit about you

Darth Roxor: Seriously? That motherfucker...

VD: Here's a screenshot of our conversation..
For clarification, that was Ventilator and not Vault Dweller, correct?

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Full of win is 4chan, not reddit. Get your memes right noob.

Anyways, necroed thread for being amazing. Get over yourselves.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I decided to go with the fashion and wrote my own review of TWM1.

BTW it's the only TWM sort-of-review that's on the Codex.

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane
Remember that time the Codex failed to issue a POE II review in a timely fashion?
They made a second one?.
Why?

Not enough faggots were able to have their mediocre viewpoints accurately conveyed to a slightly interest majority populace. Thus, bisexual, half-shark companions.

In truth, Obsidian was forced to shit out a minor improvement to a formula that is inherently flawed, whilst adding romance and angles that even Tovi woudl scoff at, though the newcomers lap up like the protean nega-humans they are. Never question the reality of your present, only the prospects of a future incorporating your given.

Zeriel

Arcane
Its probably more because everyone who hated Pillars 1 moved on and didn't even give Pillars 2 a chance. Hard to get outraged over something you never gave a single solitary shit about.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I still want to play it some day, but I'll just wait until it's finished. There's no reason to spend 100hs on a game they are still adding expansions, especially after the huge gap between PoE 1.0 and 3.0.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I still want to play it some day, but I'll just wait until it's finished. There's no reason to spend 100hs on a game they are still adding expansions, especially after the huge gap between PoE 1.0 and 3.0.
I am in the same boat, especially after I cannot even force myself to play PoE1 again with all the patches and shit (after I finished it once in version 1.x).
I know I will only get one shot at PoE2 at some point in the future and I want the game to be as complete as possible.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Like I give a fuck about your pirate RPG wannabe.
HAHAHAHA
You fucking bearded pirate larper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom