Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I found this one on Reddit, this one on GSC forum (but need reading the whole thread) and one from MEGA /sg/ repository.
I recommend it over basic StalkerSoup, even more content to already enormous content of PeopleSoup, more stable and else.

I really thing about trying it again but found AMK 1.4.1 + AMK Arsenal + Autumn Aurora 2 and it's really, really good.
Oh and Oblivion Lost 3 was released recently.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-oblivion-lost-30/downloads/stalker-oblivion-lost-30

Aaaand its gone :(

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The mod site was shut down, because nobody is constructive and 99% of the people don't have the willingness to help with testing and giving me meaningful feedback, but can only say how the mod is bad and bugged. The mod was shared in favour since I was not into modding in the last 5 years, and I even gave support during my vacation time, but nevermind. It will be fixed soon (1-2 weeks from august 21 now...) but it won't be posted here. I will share it with my friends only.

Modding drama, modding drama never changes.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And nothing of the value was lost. Oblivion Lost is worst mod series, helluva outdated. AMK is the way to start.
And this Friday come new Arsenal Overhaul 3 for CoP. Something to do before Misery 2.2 TAZ edition come...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone played Reborn 2.53 Another Way (mod for CS) - is it any good?
Reborn saga (yes, there's few of them) is epitome of "modders doing wacky content". Insurgentdude did two videos about them. One and Two.
Last one - Doppelganger - sounds great on paper and it's worth checking despite some insane stuff (like snorks walking on two legs armed with machine guns). And it's huge (19GB?).
You get new artifacts, time travel to visit two different Kordons (for example), fight with nazis and else. I vaguely remember they wanted to put Metro maps (because engine similiarity) but not sure if they did.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fuck it then.

And how about NS DMX 1.3.2 that was recently released on moddb? Is anyone (test)playing through it now maybe?

Didn't played it but just seeing the page...
Narodnaya Solyanka + DMX but without Collectors and other end-game modes. Plus Autumn Aurora 2 look.
And translation is good! No more damaging your brian with google translated garbage :incline: for the first time I can see readable chat with Kostya. Damn.

v1ld

Novice
Yes, it looks interesting but I'm ubercautious when it comes to Stalker mods. Some time ago was playing DMX 1.3.5 and it was quite good (great gfx) but got stuck on some stupid quest early in the game and never bothered finishing it. BTW, here's alternative download link that I found on gsc forums:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...otY1JrNV9yYy1lbExCZ0Q3ZVYwZzY5Qzg&usp=sharing

I put together that download but the mod is now a single file at moddb, so you can download it from there: dmx-132-dkz02-14

I agree some NS quests can be hard to figure out, mostly from poor translation. Here's a collection of NS guides that I've found helpful: Google Drive. DKZ did a great job on translating this one, it's sad that later versions of DMX/Joint Paks didn't use his work.

I've also updated AMK: Autumn Edition to 1.1, which brings in some more AA2 mechanics (Item Use takes time and Hunger mainly) along with cleaning up the weapon ballistics values (Arsenal and LURK animations were at odds).

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Didn't played it but just seeing the page...
Narodnaya Solyanka + DMX but without Collectors and other end-game modes. Plus Autumn Aurora 2 look.
And translation is good! No more damaging your brian with google translated garbage :incline: for the first time I can see readable chat with Kostya. Damn.

I'm guessing this is the reason why all the other NS versions have been removed from the MEGA repository?

I will have to give it a try.

Edit: I gave it a try... THE FUCKIN CAVE IS EVEN WORSE!

What is it with this shitty cave!?! And I can't find where the saves directory is at all now!

Last edited:

vitamin

Augur
Edit: I gave it a try... THE FUCKIN CAVE IS EVEN WORSE!

What is it with this shitty cave!?! And I can't find where the saves directory is at all now!
Why even bother with the cave if there's savefile after this stupid level? BTW, saves are probably in your SoC directory (_appdata_ folder) - just check your fsgame.ltx file (very first line at top: $app_data_root$ - it points to your saves/profile dir).

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Why even bother with the cave if there's savefile after this stupid level? BTW, saves are probably in your SoC directory (_appdata_ folder) - just check your fsgame.ltx file (very first line at top: $app_data_root$ - it points to your saves/profile dir).

That's the strange part. All directories were empty. Everything and no STALKER-SHOC file was ever created. But I fixed it will a reinstall.

But for a moment in time I thought the cave wouldn't be so bad when I opened the backpack and found a Minigun. But DAMN it was bad. One hit kills from bloodsuckers. One hit kills from dwarves. One hit kills from snorks. Stuff in front, stuff behind. I just fail to understand what it is with NS packs and that damn cave.

vitamin

Augur
This cave thing in NS is just a small test level for your skills and patience. Think of it as of Temple of Trials from Fo2;) You can skip it using that save file but sooner or later you will find yourself in very similar situation. All NS versions (especially OP-2) have lots of absurdly difficult encounters.

v1ld

Novice
It's possible to run through without firing a shot as shown in this video. I always do this in every NS variant now.

There's no need to hurry through like the person in the video, you can take your time especially when getting ready to cross the Electra anomalies since timing does matter for those.

vitamin

Augur
v1ld - could you merge your AMK 1.4.1 Autumn Edition with OWR3? It could be better than AA2 I guess.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just heard about the Oblivion Lost drama. Modder ego strikes again eh?

The OL series was always enjoyable, shame.

v1ld

Novice
v1ld - could you merge your AMK 1.4.1 Autumn Edition with OWR3? It could be better than AA2 I guess.

vitamin - funny you ask that. I did most of that merge as an intro to how to do such a thing, but I'm now working on a merge of 1.4/1.4.1 with AA2's weapons and gunplay instead which is a lot more involved. I think AA2's guns fit the mood better than OWR3's shiny new guns. Will come back and look at using some more of OWR3's sound/animations after getting the merge working.

Here's what I have so far with the 1.4.1+OWR3 merge if you want to play with it/be a guinea pig. The main item left in the merge was the ui_icon_equipment.dds file, so inventory weapon icons may be broken. To install, first backup your existing AMK 1.4.1 AE 1.1's gamedata folder to be safe. Then merge OWR3_SOC\gamedata into it, followed by AMK OWR3\1.4.1\gamedata. Your existing saves should work in theory. This is rough, so expect hiccups. Good luck if you do plan to try it after all those caveats. ;)

I can come back and clean this up once the AA2 weapon merge is done, but that may take a little while.

vitamin

Augur
You're right about those OWR3 weapons. I was just testing them and they look a bit out of place indeed. Guns from AA2 is the way to go then.

v1ld

Novice
You're right about those OWR3 weapons. I was just testing them and they look a bit out of place indeed. Guns from AA2 is the way to go then.

Uploading v2.0 of the AMK 1.4 version of the mod, it should be up whenever moddb finishes downloading it through a straw. This contains the full AA2.1 weapon system: models/textures/sounds/animations/balance. It's also got the Rulix AI integrated along with some other, smaller convenience functions. I've played through to entering Agroprom and it feels very good. Let me know what you think.

Doing the same for 1.4.1 will be a lot of work, not sure when I'll tackle it. May not be for a while, if ever. Uploading a 1.2 version of that mod with fixes for known bugs for now.

It also has ZRP's level-based autosave management and quick keys for save/load. So, "ESC s" will now take you to the menu, create a hard save based on your current level and game time and bring you back into the game. I miss having this feature in every mod I play. You have to periodically delete older saves, but the ease, speed, and safety of these multiple full saves more than compensates.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A freeplay-sandbox mappack, 32 maps from all three STALKER games (one map made from scratch) with alife, over 400 smart terrains/respawns. There is no story but there are about a dozen repeatable tasks available throughout the Zone. The mod will be featured as a modder resource but can still be played on it's own.

So.... you just walk around a bunch of maps?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
A freeplay-sandbox mappack, 32 maps from all three STALKER games (one map made from scratch) with alife, over 400 smart terrains/respawns. There is no story but there are about a dozen repeatable tasks available throughout the Zone. The mod will be featured as a modder resource but can still be played on it's own.

So.... you just walk around a bunch of maps?

Yeah, its one of those open world mods again.
I think I'll pass; open world is overrated, especially when there is nothing to do but wander around aimlessly like some hobo, doing minor activities to pass the time.
Like a hobo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom