Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pyke In my survey I stated GOG as my preference yet there is a Steam key on my Brotherhood account... it also says the key was posted 19 days ago. Will the GOG key be placed there? Also, just say it released on GOG a few minutes ago!!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Kristal is a machine.

CNuEUAKUAAANxR5.jpg

Elthosian

Arcane
You know The Brotherhood did a superb work with the atmosphere when its 8:30 AM and you get scared and almost jump out of your chair due to a moment of the game you had already played through twice before.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Am half-inclined to take medical leave tomorrow to one-shot marathon this bad boy. :(

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Got my key, but it releases in 4 hours? Is that correct? I can't download it ! :(

The reviews are pouring in, looks like STASIS is a slam dunk !

Well deserved, Pyke. Reading all the prasing reviews brings warmth to my heart.

This one particularly: Brings tears of joy!

"STASIS feels like one of the best games from the 90s you never found out about"
http://pennyworthreviews.com/stasis-review/

paintinggrey

Scholar
Since Stasis is comfirmed to be excellent, can you guys tell me the best place to buy it so these dev bros get the best cut of the profit??can you buy it straight from you guys ? thanks.

Also next game ..post apocalyptic adventure game?? maybe? pretty please??!!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Got my key, but it releases in 4 hours? Is that correct? I can't download it ! :(

The reviews are pouring in, looks like STASIS is a slam dunk !

Well deserved, Pyke. Reading all the prasing reviews brings warmth to my heart.

This one particularly: Brings tears of joy!

"STASIS feels like one of the best games from the 90s you never found out about"
http://pennyworthreviews.com/stasis-review/

GOG and Steam each have their own unique release cycles. A big thing is really timezones (GOG is Poland, Valve is in Washington) so they can be contacted if something goes wrong. This is also why its generally a bad idea to release a game on a Friday or the weekend...there is nobody at the office to deal with things!

lightbane

Arcane
So it's finally out, eh? I can't believe how quickly time passes. Hopefully Barkley 2 is also a success and is released soon as well .:troll:
Anyway, now it's time to wait until GOG is done downloading, then disappear for a while/long time until RL forces me back.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Since Stasis is comfirmed to be excellent, can you guys tell me the best place to buy it so these dev bros get the best cut of the profit??can you buy it straight from you guys ? thanks.

Also next game ..post apocalyptic adventure game?? maybe? pretty please??!!

Paypal is the best for us (we get it all!) - but buying through one of the portals has the advantage of pushing our numbers up which could lead to better advertising. Whichever you are more comfortable with!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
GOG and Steam each have their own unique release cycles. A big thing is really timezones (GOG is Poland, Valve is in Washington) so they can be contacted if something goes wrong. This is also why its generally a bad idea to release a game on a Friday or the weekend...there is nobody at the office to deal with things!

Ahhh, so that's why. I chose the steam one, so that unlocks american time, and the pole one at CET time. Well that kind of sucks I guess, I'm gonna haf to wait a few mo hours! It'll be night by then, good thing this game is supposed to be played in the dark... alone.

paintinggrey

Scholar
Bause it will be released in ~4hours i guess.

yeah that what i thought, thought you could at least pre-purchase like most games. I wouldnt be surprised if steam charges the dev extra for that privilege, bastards.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
where's my key

hope its not delayed long because i refuse to create stupid accounts on stupid game portals :bunkertime:

lightbane

Arcane
Ok, game works like a charm :incline:. However, it seems the suit's new voice is not as EXTREME as the old one :decline:. Also, something that irks me: where does the game store my saves? Just to know in case I have to transfer these between different PCs (which I'll probably do at some point) or make a security copy of said files.

EDIT: Found them. They're hidden in AppData>Local, a folder which is normally hidden from view.

Last edited:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Been playing this on and off for the past couple of days. Definitely one of the most atmospheric adventure games I've played.
So how does it compare to Primordia, Technobabylon and Tormentum ? I think those would be the main competitors, and I need to pick one (well, besides Primordia that is, already got that)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So how does it compare to Primordia, Technobabylon and Tormentum ? I think those would be the main competitors, and I need to pick one (well, besides Primordia that is, already got that)

While Primordia is definitely in the top 3 best adventure games I've played in recent times, it's got nothing on STASIS. Even nn the alpha, STASIS reeked with atmosphere and feels, so did Primordia, but STASIS just have more quality to it.

Technobabylon I haven't played yet, but it's on my to-do. I imagine it's similar to Primordia in that regard.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just turned on my computer to grab my STASIS key. Not in a hurry, but I was hoping to have it. Going to play some good old Wild ARMS 2 until I get the key.

EDIT: Got my key.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom