Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Ivan

Arcane
It might be the same trailer images but the video is new /faggot
"Published on Aug 18, 2015"

anyway: a great demonstration of parrying. looks like DS1 :thumbsup:

praetor

Arcane
so it's pretty much confirmed. most atmospheric, best looking Souls game (with likely the best world+level design) and worst mechanics...

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
If this turns out to be the Oblivion of Dark Souls (dumbed down mechanics and lukewarm lore) I'm gonna go outside and yell at the forest so I don't beat my wife.

Gozma

Arcane
DS1 backstabbing and estus multichugging in the first minute
DS2 neva happan

Ivan

Arcane
I do like being able to reposte after a kick

it would be cool (and silly as fuck) if you could kick out of a roll (dropkick)

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Very fast insta-heal Estus multichugging, praise lord Miyazaki for these improvements over the abortion that was DaS2.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Our Lord and Savior is here. Thou shall praise him or thou shall perish.

CL1oNb_VAAAfJve.jpg

Machocruz

Arcane
Crown of the Sunken King is one of the best (non-roguelike) dungeon crawls since Ultima Underworld, or the golden age of Wizardry. You could say that about a couple of From games (Shadow Tower Abyss, KF4 come to mind).

Cadmus

Arcane
Why are the posters and box covers for the DS games always so damn ugly?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They are probably outsourcing their promotional material in the west to no talent scrubs.

jaybirdy

Educated
so it's pretty much confirmed. most atmospheric, best looking Souls game (with likely the best world+level design) and worst mechanics...

:negative:

You mean best mechanics. If there's going to be cheap shit, it's better that it works for the player than against him. I'll take backstabs--multiplayer destroying as they are--over magically getting hit just because a stat was too low.

praetor

Arcane
when you can cheese everything with godmode quick&far rolls, supereasy godmode instabackstabs, easymode parries and instaheal, it's literally the worst mechanics possible for a Souls game... it's like a regression to DeS, except even worse. i did not even begin to think about the shittery that will be PvP, my considerations were purely PvE. the last thing the Souls needs is even better rolls that (again) make all other forms of defence obsolete. take your popamole thinkings to the skyrim thread

jaybirdy

Educated
The fast roll, which is about the same as DS1's except quicker (just like everything else) is probably just for the demo. The player is using a huge sword and is wearing plate armor, he should be fat rolling. Even Havel's ring shouldn't allow him to roll like that. If that is indeed the case, then rolling is the same as in DS1, which is perfectly fine.

The backstabs are indeed shit, no argument here. If they wanted to get rid of everything about DS2 (an admirable goal) then they should've went with Bloodborne's style. Better yet, they should get rid of backstabs altogether, and perhaps replace them with a damage modifier for back attacks.

Easy parries and instahealing could also just be for the demo. Maybe I'm just in denial though. But if DS3 is the same as DS1 in these departments, then it will still have best mechanics. The parrying was easier in DS1 than in DS2 for the same reason that DS1 is better than DS2 in general: it is always consistent.

praetor

Arcane
ah, so you're one of those "muh Miyazaki" fanboys who wouldn't know good mechanics if they hit them in the face unless they had "directed by Miyazaki" written all over them. good to know it's pointless arguing any further

jaybirdy

Educated
And even without the avatar, you have already exposed yourself as a B-team apologist through your perpetual butthurt and inferiority complex. I never expected a rational argument from you in the first place--only mindless aggression--so thank you for cutting it short.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom