Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
July update:

As mentioned previously, our plan is to go over everything, add all missing or requested content (like alternative solutions), improve flow, fix bugs, etc. The temple (the final location) will be added last.

Improvements, big and small:

- Instead of charging into the breach you can infiltrate a gate tower ninja-style and open the gates.
- You can now travel to the Monastery's inner chamber either via Zamedi (if you know how to use the console or via the portal in the sewers.
- You can peruse the databanks in Zamedi, Hellgate, and Monastery.
- Added a diplomatic option in Al-Akia in the IG questine.
- Added an option to attack fake-Meru.
- You can now craft ammo for bows and crossbows.
- Faster starting time.
- Inferiae's Guardian body looks broken.
- Added a warning if you leave the chargen screen with unspent stat points.
- You can keep unspent SP from character creation when you start a new game
- Added a healer to Ganezzar.
- If you return to the abyss after the fog is cleared, you'll see your old pal Galath.
- Completed the PA questline, returning the PA to Valla (or keeping it for yourself).
- Improved Teron's mining outpost quest. You can leave via the map, the decanus has the key for the chest, you are no longer railroaded in dialogue when the raiders attack.
- You can now wander around Teron after the praetor questline is finished, you are no longer forced to travel to Maadoran.
- Activating the Blue Steel mode in the mining outpost has consequences and rewards.
- New town maps for Teron and Ganezzar.
- Game doesn't end when you end the Ganezzar chapter, only way to end it is to find the temple.
- You now have an option to sabotage the ritual with Meru.
- Optimized projectile lifetime and velocity, resulting in faster turns when ranged characters are involved.
- Added more instances of civil SP rewards.
- Added the option to use your own poison at the outpost. It checks for both poison vials and leaves, and the outcome depends on your alchemy level.
- Improved Al-Akia exterior visuals and flow (chance to save on the expedition).
- Improved the narrative of HD questlines in Ganezzar.

Fixes:

- If you don't accept Varro's offer to join the guild the first time, the option doesn't disappear.
- Fixed issues with tower cellar in New Teron.
- Fixed issue with not being able to leave the tunnels after killing Glabrio in IG8.
- Fixed narrative issues with Faelan and Meru in Al-Akia.
- Fixed issue with inn stairs in Ganezzar.
- Fixed Dead River and Hellgate achievements.
- Fixed issue in AG9 with the entrance to the guild appearing on a side wall.
- Now you can give Bernie the "spear" even if you didn't agree to search for it (or he refused to share his secret).
- Bernie properly leaves when you give him the spear.
- Fixed PA quest endless loop with Esdras.
- Fixed rare issue of black screen when loading a savegame.
- Fixed issue with TG ganezzar questline not starting if you went with Levir to the catacombs.
- Fixed issue with HD armor reward in Teron.
- Fixed narrative issues with Antidas on New Teron versions.
- Several level fixes to Teron levels.
- Fixed bug with Feng not appearing in Terom MG when he should be, plus bad teleporting when talking with him.
- Fixed bug with Aemolas appearing in Terom MG when he shouldn't be.
- Fixed issues with map screen and repeating intro in Al-Akia when sent by HD to blow up the place.
- Fixed issue with IG7 triggering when you exit Al-Akia in other questlines.
- When talking with Soldiers in the Hangar, House Aurelian being destroyed is recognized.
- You can no longer take the inferiae portal if Maadoran was destroyed.
- Fixed Specter phrases.
- Fixed ending issues for when Meru dies in Al-Akia.

Changes:

- The alchemist at Teron's Inn now sells you some alchemy ingredients (free ingredients removed).
- You can open hellgate's entrance door with the key.
- Changed text on Maadoran gate, opens the world map.
- Teron Bandit Camp quest now grants 10 SP (was 5 SP).
- Convincing Carrinas to go to the inn in HD2 grants 2 civil SP.
- Dellar doesn't take the mining outpost power tube from you.
- Teron Doctor name changed to Medicus.
- Power Armor Gauntlet weight set to 0 (It's part of the armor).
- Characters created with block higher or equal to dodge get a buckler on character creation.
- Regeneration works outside of combat.

Combat Balance:

- Reduced Power Armor shield to 6 DR, increased vsCS and vsRanged to 35.
- Anubis PA mode now grants HP regeration, 1 point per level. RA mode gives +2 STR, +2DEX, +2HP Regen.
- Pickaxe and shovel can now attack diagonally.
- Healing balms stop bleeding if used in combat (but doesn't restore HP).
- Rebalanced fights with the assassin and the merceneary at the vignette. Combat changes since their original placement made them harder than intended.
- Entangle duration increased by 1.
- Throwing weapons had wrong damage values, they were higher than they should have been for the AP cost. Plus also wrong passive effects values.
- Balanced crossbow damage, min damage higher, max damage lower, in general.
- Hammer knockdown effect activates on hit, damage reduced, costs less AP.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Awesome, thank you :). I'll have more time in the coming weekend so I'll finally check new locations out and see how Ganezzar had changed since my last playthrough.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Oscar posted some new pictures of Ganezzar's improvements

index.php

index.php

index.php

Blackmill

Scholar
Sadly, I have to play AoD on the lowest graphical settings, so I don't really notice these visual improvements.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
In the case of Ganezzar, they are improvements to the level layout and design mostly. The previous city was not really interesting and barebones.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
August Update 1:

Improvements:

- Metal item now shows material.
- After the palace battle in IG3, you are given a chance to save, increase skills, change equipment, before leaving to Maadoran.
- Improved visuals of Ordu camp, added alchemy ingredients.
- Added a few extra options in some of the Teron encounters.
- You can walk around Teron after the MG questline is over.
- You can interact with some artifacts in your inventory to identify or activate them.
- Livia now has an unique portrait.
- Improved visuals of Ganezzar.
- New and improved models.
- Confirm box for dropping an item.
- Added "none" hair for females.
- God ending implemented.
- Miltiades in Ganezzar implemented.
- Added post-Ganezzar events chat with Athanasius and Varro.
- Alchemy item's price now are modified by their level.
- Added 6 new death endings.

Fixes:

- Fixed issue with Serenas taking more money than intended in HD questline.
- Fixed looping issue in IG4 if you convinced Strabos to give you the information.
- Fixed issue in iG6 in which the first wave did not appear if you didn't do anything at the ordu camp.
- Sharpened strikes and damage info in inventory screen are no longer inverted.
- Correct material name for metals (blue steel and sky metal).
- Fixed issue in which there's a siege in Ganezzar when you travel there from Caer-Tor.
- Fixed silver tongued devil rank added incorrectly in MG2 (belongs to TG3).
- Fixed being able to ask about the poison if the mine situation was already solved.
- Fixed trading bonuses description.
- Power armor should no longer be damaged.
- Fixed camera issue after talking to Strabos at the end of MG6.
- Fixed issue with tower infiltration guards dodging instead of blocking.
- Escaping Zamedi as a thief or Daratan praetor should no longer show the Teron ending slides nor end the game prematurely.
- Distracting the guards in TG3 properly sends one of your man to take care of the crossbowman.
- Fixed crash when fighting Hagnon as IG is his tent.
- Fixed passability in Mountain Monastery and Dead River that allowed you to "fly".
- Fixed camera issue after passing the IG trial in Maadoran.
- Fixed issue in which you could go to the Al-Akia expedition as an HA praetor, event which had already happened.
- Fix for HA praetor being able to propose going through the tunnels.
- Now the ordu killing the IG triggers the proper ending.
- Proper Ganezzar state after HA taking over Ganezzar (with guards/ordu).
- Ganezzar medicus now has dialogue.
- Fixed loop in Meru's star chamber dialogue for praetors wanting to join him.
- Fixed portrait issues with Decanus in the mines.
- You now report to Gaelius if Meru dies during the Al-Akia event.
- Fixed issue with streetwise/impersonate check with the raider leader in Aemolas village.
- Fixed passability of siege elements in Ganezzar.
- Fixing the mine after sneaking now properly takes you Gaelius.
- Fixed issue with being to enter barracks building after MG2.
- A wrong version of the bringer of storms is no longer being sold in the exotic emporium.
- You now use the robe when you try to disguise to get the armor.
- You can now leave Darganus' house.
- The guardian properly takes the ring in all situations.
- The game ending recognizes the guardian is locked inside the tower.
- If you return to the tower, the guardian will attack if you ran away with the ring.
- Fixed issue with Livia's fight not granting SP.
- Fixed issue of IG members bugging into MG questline in Al-Akia.
- Fixed narrative and bugs in post Abyss Ganezzar quest.
- Fixed issue with slide text error in Balzaar ending.
- Fixed issue with commercium questlines available to all in Ganezzar.
- Ganezzar trader now has an inventory.
- You can no longer escape combat in Darius tomb by clicking on the sarcophagus.
- Fixed loop in Gem quest.
- Fixed issue in which you could finish the MDN AG questline and then join HA as a praetor.
- Added CS training and body count to several CS checks that were missing it.
- Fixed several typos.
- Fixed issue with workers not carrying objects when loading a save.
- Fixed issue with cleave critical not ignoring armor.
- Fixed issues with Meru's loremaster, not appearing when he should.
- Transfer All no longer transfers unlootable items.
- Fixed issue with scorpions having no attack and defense skills.

Changes:

- Changed Shorty's trade inventory.
- Bandit camp CS check increased.
- Minor tweaks to the combat and flow of IG4.
- Fixed issue with some NPCs with shields dodging.
- Increased price modification done by techniques.
- Increased material needed for repair from 0.2 to 0.5.
- Gaelius now has the crimsom eye on him.
- Merchants start with the commercium ring.
- Added civil SP reward for convincing Hamza in MG5 (fake name and save guild).
- Increased ingots rewards in the well.
- Vitus now gives you more steel and a few sharpening stones.
- If you are affected by the "camera bug" in which you can zoom out forever, press the Center Camera button to fix it (and remember to report the issue!).
- Tweaked some Teron Palace infiltration checks and added an option to investigate the dining room if you killed the patrolling guard.
- Increased Livia's training.
- Removed the need to click on the gate to leave Ganezzar, and increased the size of the trigger for players first entering the city.
- Praetors no longer are forced to see Meru when they arrive to the city.
- You don't have to take Meru to Al-Akia immediately if you join House Crassus.
- Grifter now starts with a dagger.
- An event closes the abyss after you arrive to Ganezzar.
- Reduced whetstone base price to 50 (from 100).
- CS Training after AG1 increased to 10.
- You are no longer forced to take the gold or return to Levir in TG4.
- Added etiquette and lore checks with Lorenza as a merchant in MG4.
- New skill SP increase costs. Lower cost for higher levels.
- Rebalanced the MG questline for a bigger focus on charisma and the need to pass a few more checks in some quests.
- Rebalanced the lore checks to use the whole 1-10 scale.
- You can now place one-handed crossbow and bolter in the belt bags.
- Armor being broken lowers weight and price.
- Feint no longer selectable if you have a shield.

Combat Balance:

- Tweaks to the hammer knockdown attack.
- Hardened technique improvement value has increased.
- Hardened and hammer especial reduces DR by 2.
- Tweaked the equipment and stats of Teron enemies.
- Tweaked the equipment and stats of the arena characters.
- Dagger passive now only increases CS chance on aimed strikes, range 5-50.
- All small daggers have a 5 points CS chance increase.
- Sharpened duration doubled.
- Masterwork armor technique now goes from 2 to 10 (before: 4-20).
- Increased leather armor defense penalty to 3-6-9 (before: 2-4-6).
- Increased manica DR by 1.
- Lightened armor technique only increases AP by 2 max. First level at 5, second at 10.
- Changed berserk potion progression to 30/25-50/5, from 35/35-60/15.
- Increased shield reinforced technique bonus to 4-20, from 2-10.
- Increased shield hardened technique bonus to 5-25, from 5-15, adding levels at 5 and 9 crafting.

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's also this part on the steam update

We’re planning to release the game in October. So far we’re on track and we fixed a lot of issues in the last 2 months, as you can see. For the next 2 months we’re switching from monthly to bi-weekly updates to respond faster.

We’re planning to release the final location by the end of August. At that point the game will be content-complete. We’ll test, tweak, and polish through September and early October (so far we’ve allocated 6 weeks) and release.

Thank you for your support and don't forget to restart Ganezzar to see the changes.

likaq

Arcane
Next update coming on Sep 10
We're working on the temple (the final location) and the combat AI update, which will allow your enemies to use a wider range of attacks and respond more appropriately. It was a big chunk of work that took months and was completed only a few days ago. I must admit that I had reservations about including it in the upcoming update (last thing we need is breaking pretty much everything related to combat less than 2 months before the release), but it seems to be working quite well, so in it goes.

However, there are some issues (naturally) that we’re still working on. Two weeks should be enough, so we’ll push the next update from the end of the month to Sep 10. The temple will also benefit from extra love and attention.

The dialogues and text are done, all that's left to do on the writing side are the endings. We have 12 endings requiring unique text (13 with the already released god ending), although if you break it down to fundamentally different decisions there are 5 main endings. Hope you'll find them to your liking.

I won't be around next week, so if you have any questions, ask them now.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/527273452872266179/

edit:
temple:

140313.png

Last edited:

Aenra

The graphics are shit, It's not 1999 anymore. :rpgcodex:

You did not get those tags after the betting matches, did you? As i recall, you actually worked for them.
Poor aesthetic choices or lack of attention to detail is one thing, and i do mind it. But "shit graphics" i like. They tell me there's chance the game's focused on other, more important things. The ones i do give shit about ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Rake

Arcane
You did not get those tags after the betting matches, did you? As i recall, you actually worked for them.
Poor aesthetic choices or lack of attention to detail is one thing, and i do mind it. But "shit graphics" i like. They tell me there's chance the game's focused on other, more important things. The ones i do give shit about ^^
Funny thing is that it doesn't even look that bad. CotC it's not.
And it's not like a Bethestard can talk about shit graphics...
and before some idiot compairs Skyrim with some indie shovelware no, you can't do that. Compair them with the rest of the AAA Industry

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
So we've finally narrowed it down to one of five different Thursdays.

Weasel
Been too long since we've seen Hiver tackling emotional engagement on the Codex, but he just appeared in the "Tale of Indie Development" thread on the AoD Steam page with some words of encouragement:

Positive reviews should be written only if the game merrits them, not because of fanboism.

Although i am preaching to deaf and blind here on steam, which is a fanboism circle jerk fueled business.

I guess these ten years explained have a purpose of reducing misplaced fan angst, by clarifying how reality actually works besides emotional engagement demands and butthurt.
But they were not lost or wasted, nor does the "message to the future" or "becoming part of culture zeitgeist" have any bigger value then these ten years spent in adversity fueled and tested camaraderie, work, learning, cooperation and creation of this unique quality game.

The first 400 patrons of the mother♥♥♥♥ing arts should be appreciated more. I will kindly remove myself from that list, since i dont feel like being included, to say the least, but those people should be more then just a footnote before the ♥♥♥♥ing steam early access mass market.

It is true they didnt enable the devs to live only from the game but they gave you money when nobody else would and when there was almost nothing to show for, years and years in advance, to a team of nobodies who were and still are also anonimous.

I feel like im explaining to say thank you to some kid but all i really want to do is smack him over the head, because the brat doesnt deserve or appreciate any of my wisdom. Still gona get it.

Looking forward to final release and extending congratulations, but you have a long way to go yet.

Get on it.

Weasel
http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-decadence-gets-october-release-date/

Spare a thought for Age of Decadence, the hottest CRPG of 2004, which is finally set to release on October 14 2015. Developer Iron Tower Studio has revealed as much in a new forum post, and it feels like the end of an era. The non-linear, Fallout- and Roman-Empire-inspired RPG has been quietly existing in the background for years, while Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, and other pointy, clicky roleplayers have had their turn to bask in the sun.

Some enthusiasm in the comments, mixed with a few predictable moans from graphics whores.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And they also mentioned the Grimoire! :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom