Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I dunno man.
Those gauntlets should be useful, if cats scratches us or when Rin uses the kitchen again.:lol::lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Slaughter at Erise

“Tell me about angels. What do you know of them?”

“But… aren’t you…” The mage’s bloodshot eyes glance up at your halo and your wing. “N-Never mind. I will talk. Angels… To most of us, they are monsters out of a fairytale. My mother used to sing a song to me about how if I was bad, the Carnage Pigeon would come and catch me and eat me…” He pauses nervously.

“Don’t worry, I don’t eat men.”

The mage does not seem to appreciate your joke. He takes in a deep breath. The knife in his chest rises slightly, blood oozing from the wound. “Please, I can’t take any more… just help me…”

“You’re almost there,” you say encouragingly.

“Besides… besides the usual children’s stories, there were records from the ancient war… I heard this from my superiors in the Order. They said the angels had large wings… crimson feathers that could set men on fire with a single brush, and a circle of light above their head that fired rays of destruction which could obliterate a city… but they fought for neither the Five Gods or the Demon God. They only reveled in destruction. That is… that is all I know! I swear!”

You absentmindedly touch the halo on your head. The mage jerks in fear. So that thing is more that it seems.

“Thank you. Rin, you can remove the knife now.” Well, he has been rather helpful. You are not going to waste a healing potion on him, but if he can recover from a chest wound on his own, perhaps you will keep him around for more answers. Someone who could translate human writing would be helpful-

“Ugaaaaah!” A strange scream, and the noise of flesh splitting, interrupts your thoughts. Glancing back, you see Rin holding the knife, her cheeks red with embarrassment. Somehow, the mage’s entrails are hanging from the knife. You do not know how she managed that.

“It was… it was an accident!” She says hotly. “The floor was a bit slippery with all that gore, so when I went over to pull out the knife…”

You sigh. “I see. Can you… no, could you call in some goblins to clean the place up?” Standing up, you leave the kitchen.

Rin follows you, looking intensely at your remaining wing. “Crimson feathers that could set men on fire, huh?” Then she looks at your halo. “A circle of light that fires rays of destruction, eh?” Finally, she concludes: “I’m a bit jealous.”

“You can touch them if you want,” you offer, stretching out the wing.

Her fingers tentatively reach out for the soft feathers, but she is quickly disgusted by the strange grin on your face and balls them into a fist. “N-No. I shall refrain. Touching you is something a maiden should only do in the worst circumstances, or in a fight.”

You retract the wing. You are starting to get used to manipulating it; it is like having an extra arm. An extra, large, wide, heavy, bulky arm. “Anyway, what he said at the start concerns me. I would like to investigate the human village,” you say, returning to the great hall where some of the worshipping goblins immediately cheer upon seeing you.

“I see. Do you plan on destroying the rest of his people? That would be an excellent way to introduce ourselves.”

You get the impression that for Rin, ‘the rest of his people’ could just as easily mean the dead mage’s country as it does the raiding force currently gallivanting about the Methussian countryside. And also that she was not being sarcastic at all.

“We will see when we get there. Are you going to stay, or-“

“I am coming along.”

Well, there should be no danger for now. Once you reach the human village, you will be able to teleport back to the goblins’ Grahferde. Now you would have to find one of the goblins to guide you there…

“We’re almost there, Shining One.” Petze gives you a happy nod, gesturing at the path ahead with her paw. She licks it twice and awaits your orders. Glancing at the healthy goblin, the potion seems to have done its work by restoring her vitality. On the way here, she had eagerly but shyly shown off her skills in the woods: as far as scouts go, even though she is a goblin, she may be one of the better ones you have encountered. She had confidently guided you along a fast but easy path through the forest, avoiding all manners of beasts along the way.

“Do you come here often?” you ask. “You seem familiar with the route.”

Petze freezes up, her whiskers twitching. “I… ah… yes. But I have never done anything but watch them from afar… wait, I smell smoke!”

“And I smell battle,” grins Rin. The black armor forms around her and she strides forward.

You secure your cloak and hood before catching up to them. The expensive cloak that you had looted from the commander has been useful: the hood is large enough that you could cover your halo with it, and the cloak itself is also thick enough that by wrapping your wing close to your body, you can conceal it underneath. Of course, this means that you are unable to move your right arm, but that is a small price to pay. You still look strange, but at least you would not be called a pigeon on sight.

As you reach the edge of the woods, you see the fences and fields belonging to the village in the distance. Erise Village. From what you know, they keep out of the goblins’ way, never venturing into the forest unless it was an absolute necessity. They appear to be a small, self-sufficient farming community. You would have to look at the conditions of the roads leading in and out of the village to know if trade is thriving, but that can wait. The goblins do not know how many people are in the village – Runde had estimated the population size to be roughly the same – but at this point, there must be less people than there was before. Black smoke is billowing into the skies.

You can see horsemen galloping around the outskirts, cutting down fleeing villagers. Strangely enough, they are not boldly displaying their Galbaldian flags. If this was an attempt to frame Galbaldy, the riders seem to be trying to hide it. If not for the better-than-usual weapons and armor, and their large numbers, they would seem indistinguishable from your normal bandit gang. And to the uneducated villagers, they would have seemed to be just that.

Ah, perhaps that is it. You had been wondering why they needed as much as a hundred men just for raiding undefended villages. When the reports came flooding back to Methuss, they would have sent out a punitive force in response to what they thought were bandit raids. Once those soldiers inevitably caught up, they would have found not bandits, but a well-equipped force that would wipe them out handily. It was both a political and a strategic trap. They were pretending to be Galbaldians pretending to be bandits. You begin to wonder if there is not some other hidden purpose behind this ploy, beyond framing Galbaldy and weakening Methuss at the same time.

“They aren’t very efficient at sacking, are they?” Rin comments, swishing her tail in boredom.

“What… what do we do now, Shining One?” asks Petze, bowing before you. She appears to dislike the sight of the villagers being slaughtered. Strange, for a goblin, and she demonstrated even more hostility for the intruders in the ruins than you did.

“Let’s see…” You ponder your next move. To observe, or to interfere?

You spot people running in your direction. Their aversion of the woods seem to have been overridden by fear for their lives. You check your invisibility spell As they draw closer, you see that they appear to be two children, about fourteen years of age. A boy and a girl, both could be described as budding flowers that would bloom beautifully in a few years: their facial features are similar enough that you think they could be twins. Children… you were not too far off that age yourself when you were thrown into the war, barely of age to marry.

Your gaze is naturally drawn to the:

A. Boy.

B. Girl.

They trip and fall close to where you are standing. The three men chasing them approach slowly, their swords drawn. None of them seem to have noticed you standing by the trees. The girl clutches her brother to her chest, inching away fearfully from the marauders.

“Hm, they don’t look half bad for a bunch of country hicks. A pity they have to die.”

“Orders are orders. Fuck them, then kill them.”

“I’ll take the boy, as usual.”

“You know, my wife wouldn’t be happy if she knew about this. Ah, they’re my daughter’s age, even. It’s sad. So sad.”

“Stop sighing and do your work. It is for the greater good.”

The twins are now so close that you could reach out and touch them. They are mute with despair, huddling together tightly as they avert their eyes from the men about to despoil and murder them.

A. You interfere. You are not so far gone that you would watch innocents die without batting an eyelash. Besides, earning their gratitude would be useful if you should need information from the village.
1. You do so diplomatically. You try to talk the men out of it. After all, you cannot solve everything with violence. This would be good practice.
2. You kill the men quickly, without messing around. Since they appear to be common soldiers at best, Petrification should be highly effective and subtle.
3. You defeat the men non-lethally. A few broken bones should be enough to keep them down. You will be starting your captive collection from now on.
4. Gigadyne is the way. You fry them.

B. You wait until the men are finished with their job and their guard is down before you strike.
1. You kill the men quickly from behind.
2. You take the men captive.

C. You move away quietly and head further into the village. There should be more important people there you can find. At least, more important than two sniveling brats.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“Ugaaaaah!” A strange scream, and the noise of flesh splitting, interrupts your thoughts. Glancing back, you see Rin holding the knife, her cheeks red with embarrassment. Somehow, the mage’s entrails are hanging from the knife. You do not know how she managed that.

“It was… it was an accident!” She says hotly. “The floor was a bit slippery with all that gore, so when I went over to pull out the knife…”

You sigh. “I see. Can you… no, could you call in some goblins to clean the place up?”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dammit, Rin.

Your gaze is naturally drawn to the:

A. Boy.
1429675220024.png

No. NO. NOPE. Nah. Nuh-uh.
8vcBhYZ.gif

B. Your gaze is naturally drawn to the: Girl.
Finally. And here I thought when do we get to own our first loli.

Take them to the gobbo village as tithe. We will raise them up to be designated rulers for when we conquer Methuss and move on to the HEAVANZ.

A2. You interfere. You kill the men quickly, without messing around. Since they appear to be common soldiers at best, Petrification should be highly effective and subtle.
Human minions! :bounce:

Plus, I like building monuments to our own power.

A quick takedown. Now you see me, now you don't.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
A I'll give the kid a pity vote, because no one else will.
B2 Let the soldiers break them first, they will be much more malleable that way.

Esquilax

Arcane
Can we not include the fourteen year old girl in our harem? Besides, it makes more sense to have our main character relate to the young boy, seeing as it's not long ago that he was a young boy going off to war.

As for how to resolve this, these guys are grunts, they know even less than the mage did. I'm fine with killing them, but I'm concerned about giving into our bloodlust so often. We've just been killing and torturing people for the past week, and on top of that...

but they fought for neither the Five Gods or the Demon God. They only reveled in destruction. That is… that is all I know! I swear!”

It appears that it might be in our nature to revel in destruction, which is why we felt so excited in that initial battle. Giving into this urge too often might mean losing our self-control in the long run, I'd prefer to avoid that. So, based on that, even though I'm pretty sure that these guys know nothing, I'd rather we save the kids and not take these dudes out lethally even though they likely don't have much useful information.

A A3

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Let the soldiers break them first
They are not going to break them, they are going to kill them. And then we will miss on a loli.

But you are doing it to be contrarian, so it's okay. :M

Can we not include the fourteen year old girl in our harem?
The game is said to last for decades. She'll grow old long before we are done.

but I'm concerned about giving into our bloodlust so often.
Petrification is quick and painless. Though as a prospective Overlord I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Kipeci

Arcane
BA3 > BA2

I'd like to have some more prisoners if possible, but failing that, let's be quick about this.

Esquilax

Arcane
They are not going to break them, they are going to kill them. And then we will miss on a loli.

But you are doing it to be contrarian, so it's okay.

Well, the soldiers are going to rape them before they kill them. Baltika has some evil shit in mind. :lol:

I might flop, because it's downright diabolical, but I am feeling a bit too generous right now.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I am having anime deja vu expect our demon is Tsundere instead of Yangire.

Also where is 1.C Your new angel eyes independently focus on each of the twins.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Angelic super powers ahead captain!
Full speed grunt 1254!
AA3

Everyone knows that teenage boys unlocks all kinds of superpowers

Nevill

Arcane
Well, the soldiers are going to rape them before they kill them. Baltika has some evil shit in mind. :lol:
Yes. But he tries to frame it as if he wants them to be more agreeable and easy to handle, which they won't be if they are dead (since we don't know necromancy :().

Just call the things by their names and I'll be fine with it.

You can't have a loli and watch a snuff film at once. You have to choose.

Esquilax

Arcane
Yes. But he tries to frame it as if he wants them to be more agreeable and easy to handle, which they won't be if they are dead (since we don't know necromancy :().

Just call the things by their names and I'll be fine with it.

You can't have a loli and watch a snuff film at once. You have to choose.

Now that I think about it, yeah, I interpreted it incorrectly. If we stop these guys in A, what could possibly happen is that the fight might attract attention from the main force that they are with, whereas in B we'll just swiftly take them out without a sound.

Nevill

Arcane
If we stop these guys in A, what could possibly happen is that the fight might attract attention from the main force that they are with
They are probably going to die by our Rin's hand regardless as per the original plan. :M

whereas in B we'll just swiftly take them out without a sound.
Probably only good if you want some captives, but they are low-key grunts, so I don't want to bother.

Still, a personal collection of captives sounds like a nice thing to strive for. We need to order the construction of Hanging Gardens built out of prison cells one day.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
No, actually, I want more than that.

We wait until the soldiers are done relieving themselves and capture them right before the kids are killed.

Then we frame ourselves as their savior, how they're are soiled now and how nobody will want them anymore. They could come with us, their savior, or they could go out into the cold world, alone and useless.

Lastly, we'll do as Esquilax said and make them give into their lust for vengeance with our encouragement (we could present it is vengeance, as them 'taking their justice').

When they're done, they will have no one to run to. We will be the only one who will accept them anymore. At least that's what we'll tell them.

Basically, a very advanced method of psychological abuse and brainwashing. They can be raised as our priests or torturers.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
And honestly, I don't think our character is quite there yet in terms of callous disregard for life and sociopathy. Not sure if it's even a plausible option given our character's mental makeup. I just don't see him as being quite that manipulative or scheming, though of course that's subject to change in the future.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Not sure if it's even a plausible option given our character's mental makeup. I just don't see him as being quite that manipulative or scheming
It's not even about scheming, it's about unnecessary scheming.

14 year olds are mallable enough as they are. You can mold them into literally anything without a Kunning Plan.

It's just about being an edgy rapelord, only more sad because we don't actually get any action. :lol:

Esquilax

Arcane
It's just about being an edgy rapelord, only more sad because we don't actually get any action. :lol:

To be fair to Baltika, it was treave that brought up the subject of rape in the update to begin with. What made the torture and rape suggestion earlier even more fucked up was that it was done out of the blue without any kind of prompting. :lol:

Actually, now that you mention it, there is a custom choice I'd like to go with.

A4: Use Gigadyne. Again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom