Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Ninjerk

Arcane
lol burning crusade 2: "don't you remember how good it was? please resub"

Revenant

Well damn. If Warlords of Draenor was meant to be a Warcraft II fan service, Legion will obviously be a Warcraft III fan service. An expansion designed exclusively for me and it will most likely be shit... What a dilemma, to buy or not to buy.

Ninjerk

Arcane
play on a private server, even with bad scripting its guaranteed better than this MBA that can't pronounce Dalaran or remember Illidan's name

Keshik

Arcane
Afrasiabi's like my university professors in terms of presenting.

For anyone that missed it

Revenant

So, entering the Emerald Nightmare confirmed... Seems like the Emerald Dream expansion is coming finally.

EDIT: Draugh... Draughmar or what did he say? Is this going to be the "I want to be a Skyrim" expansion? The pictures of zones look skyrimesque for sure.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
CrispGlumBunting.gif

I didn't like TBC.

Keshik

Arcane
Artifact weapons seem ok...but every ret pally getting Ashbringer. Shaman running around with DOOMHAMMER ?

Revenant

Of course they need to pander to all those transmog whores out there who are too lazy to go to an old raid and get their weapon, now they will earn one by simply progressing through quests in a Skyrim-talent-tree mode

One thing that bothers me that with these class orders you will need to have one character of each class to see all the content :decline:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Artifact weapons seem ok...but every ret pally getting Ashbringer. Shaman running around with DOOMHAMMER ?

Eh, why not? It's what a lot of people wanted ever since day one of WoW. People wanted to be Uther and Arthas, not some random asshole who gets jerked around and has the spotlight swiped away from constantly. I kinda like the ideas of making classes have a stronger identity and making that part of gameplay as well as the story. But for all the interesting shit they talk about, it's best to keep your hopes reserved and wait for the full release. Who knows how much of this stuff is ever going to make it? Blizzard has a horrible tendency to promise a lot of cool stuff and then deliver nothing at all.

Angthoron

Arcane
Haha, this is like what I was talking about with a bro yesterday, 50% of the expac is content that was cut from previous expacs.

Still, it's the content I always fucking wanted to see. Goddamnit.

Keshik

Arcane
Eh, why not? It's what a lot of people wanted ever since day one of WoW. People wanted to be Uther and Arthas, not some random asshole who gets jerked around and has the spotlight swiped away from constantly. I kinda like the ideas of making classes have a stronger identity and making that part of gameplay as well as the story. But for all the interesting shit they talk about, it's best to keep your hopes reserved and wait for the full release. Who knows how much of this stuff is ever going to make it? Blizzard has a horrible tendency to promise a lot of cool stuff and then deliver nothing at all.

Oh I like the idea of class halls, used to find that something special for Druids and DKs that they had Moonglade and Acherus - even if it wasn't really meaty. Liked class quests as well, as you have something for your own. Just weird that we'd get Doomhammer of all things - Thrall is pretty attached to that. Hey, maybe he dies :)

Avellion

Erudite
Impressions,

• The zones look far more interesting than the ones in Draenor
  • Demon Hunter Class, while thematically tryhard, looks moderately interesting to play.
  • Garrisons 2.0
  • Artefact skins looked unoriginal. How many fel and burning artefact skins could you spot? I lost count.
  • I just hope they have alternatives for these artefacts. I would rather not be running around with a weapon that might go against my character concept.
  • Call of Duty Esque Honor system
  • Demon Hunter only has 2 specs. This could be good or bad news.
  • I hope Warriors get to own some kind of arena
Overall, this announcement looks like this expansion has more potential than both Mists of Pandaria or Warlords of Draenor.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm sure there will be more Artefact skins (be prepared for more nickel and diming microshit to unlock those new awsum flaming weapons). But otherwise to me the whole Artefact weapon system seems like something Blizzard copied from Final Fantasy 14, which is a pretty fun thing imo. I really liked the Relic weapons in FF14.

Aildrik

Savant
Damn I felt bad for Alex. I can't decide if this guy literally has no charisma, if he just wasn't fired up enough or if it was just a tough crowd. I felt like he should have walked off stage, drank a few Red Bulls and then come back on. I've been to Blizzcon for three expac announcements and there was always a real energy in the air and the devs were totally into it. It just didn't feel anything like that.

That said, content seems intriguing. I am glad they are finally doing more to decouple PvE from PvP. Why did it take so long?

Obvious question about the legendary weps specific for a spec. As a mage, I am very used to switching between specs. Does this mean we are locked into one spec based on the legendary we pick? Would certainly like details on how that will work.

Hoo-fucking-ray for more Titan lore. I wonder if any of them will actually come down to Azeroth this time.

yeye

Augur
I don't mind the idea of a weapon growing with you as you get stronger, it's just how they chose to implement it. How do you justify giving Ashbringer to every paladin? Either they stick with this system in the future or eventually you will replace the greatest sword in Azeroth with a lvl 115 quest reward for killing a pack of water breathing wererats. If they gave the weapon a different name and had like the final skin be something that looks like Fordrings sword, who would care?

Also, taking bets on how long it takes for Alleria and Turalyon to forgive and forget all the horde did in Warcraft 2. Maybe horde paladins get to hire Turalyon as a follower in their Silver Hand garrison too.

abija

Prophet
Point being that because of remaking their game practically five times over in the months before release they had least of overall content ever available in the history of WoW for both leveling which was substituted by massive XP boost giving side objects to cover up the fact that each zone had in reality just handful of actual quests and end-game that was almoust as lackluster as it was in Cataclysm release but without excuse of remaking entire old world. And this is without delving into the fact that they had to push Tanaan into a patch instead of having it on launch because of the time they spent fucking around.

And bitch please, the way Blizzard kept re-doing everything in WoD again and again to adjust into their continuously shifting design goals is UNPRECEDENTED in history of WoW. Sure, there has been zone here and there they've remade after initial feedback like Jade Forest was ONCE in Pandaria but remaking entire game over and over again just months before designated release date?
Bullshit, WoD has the most content out of any WoW release. Leveling speed has nothing to do with the amount of content present in the game, they adjust it for the player expectations. If you optimize your leveling even without potion boosts you leave more than half the content not finished not including all the exploration part.

Stop exaggerating, in all the betas I've been they remade zones and usually they work on different versions of the zones until late beta. Also changing quests and reworking points of interest is not exactly "remaking their game five times over".

Damn I felt bad for Alex. I can't decide if this guy literally has no charisma, if he just wasn't fired up enough or if it was just a tough crowd. I felt like he should have walked off stage, drank a few Red Bulls and then come back on. I've been to Blizzcon for three expac announcements and there was always a real energy in the air and the devs were totally into it. It just didn't feel anything like that.
I hate the Browder/Metzen "energy" so so much. Yeah Afrasiabi was akward, but I'd take that over a Duracell bunny.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looks like they went with the predictable follow-up: Gul'dan to the Broken Isles. Tons of people saw this coming. Demon Hunter hero class has been talked about since Vanilla. Didn't really look into the details with this class solidarity shit or... weapons you apparently keep the whole game (?). Not like I'll be buying this until: 1) They comp me WoD like they have all of the expansions since Wrath; and 2) This new one is on sale for at least 50% off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom