Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA]Eulos the Mighty.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I have decided to make a quick style kind of CYOA to hone my skills and try some new concepts and while my personal preference is to rely on narrative only devices to try to see how far is possible to go without dice rolls and such in this specific case I will try to implement some random mechanics, nothing too complicate.
To be clear this is not a serious LP at all, the hero should be considered on par with Grooo the Wanderer, a character that could be easily found in an Asterix story.
He is a Hercules wannabee trying to emulate the god of strenght who he worships, this will lead to various (mis)adventures.
A no game over rule is in a place so don't worry too much about the specific choice, the result of good or bad choices will always lead to some hilarious outcome, what you have to dread is my handling of humor here.
The mechanics implemented are quite simple, for every Feat of Strenght that the character will successfully perform he will gain 1 point, in case of failure he will lose 1 point, this will be added or subtracted to the result of a dice roll, in many cases the players will have to make a judgement call on the feat to perform.
Be warned that the mechanics could change halfway, this is an experiment after all.

INDEX

THE JOURNEY BEGINS
SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH
COOKIE FIGHT
AT THE TEMPLE
STALLIONS
THE FALL
THE DISC OF THE SUN
THE MEASURE OF A MAN
THE BEST MAN WINS
THE FAVOR OF THE GODS

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
MECHANICS and stuff.
Liable to change halfway.

Rolling Rules:
The first roll will always be made to gauge the difficulty of a task or will be made by an opponent.
The last roll will always be for Eulos.

Malii&Bonii:
A temporary malus or bonus can be applied based on various circumstances, items, etc.
Permanent ones also can be applied in the course of the LP.

Feats of Strenght Gauge:
Bonus points can be won or lost depending on the success or failure of a feat of strenght.
+1 at the moment.

Difficulty Tiers Base Values:
They can change due to various circumstances, items, etc.

Mythic -1000 penalty, gods' realm.
Epic -100 penalty, heroes and demigods' realm.
Legendary -10 penalty, super human.
Manly -variable penalty, from mundane to above human, almost all the feats of strenght will be in this category.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Eulos stepped out of his home, taking a deep breath he admired the blue sky punctuated by some little clouds here and there.
He flexed the powerful biceps full of confidence, this was the day that all the followers of Heraclues had been called to the temple of the god to receive their quest hoping to emulate the legendary feats of their hero and be proclaimed his living embodiment.
Eulos had a shiver of pleasure running through his spine as his candid tunic fluttered at the touch of the gentle breeze caressing his hairy balls, wearing underwear is unmanly.
Slightly bending he realeased a thunderous fart that cused all the birds dwelling in the nearby sacred wood to fly away.
He patted his belly with satisfaction, strong farts are a sign of good health.
And merrily he walked down the clay road leading to the temple.

It was after he fared no more than a hundred meters that he encountered the old Psyllas, a widow without children living outside the city, she was carrying a huge vase almost too big for her.
-Greetings Eulos, what made you get out of bed this early in the morning?-
-Greetings Psyllas, this is the day awaited by all Heraclues followers, I have been summoned at the temple to receive my quest.-
-Good luck then, I have to fetch water at the spring instead, unfortunately I have no one to do it for me.-

She was old and frail and Eulos was overcomed by compassion for her, maybe he could lend a hand, but risked to be late at the temple.

B)Go straight to the temple.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
A - Surely a strong man like Eulos will get to the spring and back before his mighty fart has been blown away by the wind.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A - Surely a strong man like Eulos will get to the spring and back before his mighty fart has been blown away by the wind.
Let's put it to a test.
A won, here the first rolling:
The first roll will always be for the difficulty of the task or made by an opponent.
The last roll will always be for Eulos.
The Spring rolled 15.
Eulos rolled 35.
Congratulations you passed your first feat of strenght flawlessy and gained +1 points.

Kz3r0

Arcane
SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH

-Psyllas let me help you.-
-Oh boy thank you, this is a real lifesaver.-
In saying so she handed him the vase.
-But wouldn't you be late to the temple?-
-Heraclues is strong but kind too, I will ask for his approvation and let fate decides if his blessing will be bestowed upon me.-
In saying these confident words Eulos easily circled the vase with his strong arm against the chiseled curve of his left hip and sprung towards, well, the spring.

Eulos ran with the fullness of the vigor of youth.
The sun shining brightly upon him transformed every rolling bead of sweat into a phantasmagory of colors which could cause the envy of the rainbow.
The glitter of his sculpted muscles engaged in the most dynamic of efforts would convice every passerby that he truly was blessed by the gods.
Rich red blood was flowing through his veins with the force of the sacred Hyppos rivers on mount Hellypsos.
His stride rivaled the Titans', swift as Hapellos he ran with the grace of a nimph and the majesty of a centaur.
Reached his goal it took only a big swoop of his beefy arm to fill the vase to the brim with water.
Completed the task he ran back, delivering the vase at Psyllas' home.
The old woman din't know how to show her gratitude and Eulos modestly refused to accept any reward she was offering him, in the end he accepted some freshly cooked cookies, koo koo, both to no offend her and because he always had a sweet tooth.

Now he was on his way to the temple again, enjoying the rich taste of the fragrant cookies he wondered if he had to bask in the glory of this blissful moment a bit more or leave the cookies and run to not be late if he wasn't already.

A)Finish your cookies, and running some more will make you even more sweaty and less presentable.

B)Run to the temple, don't tempt fate more than necessary.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I know a quest item when I see one. Don't touch the cookies!

B

lightbane

Arcane
A. If we're late, it's better show up presentable and mighty, not sweaty, hungry and thirsty.

Kz3r0

Arcane
We need a cookie cutter, I mean, a tie breaker, else I will roll a dice or maybe use some more creative way to settle it.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Special event unlocked, Eulos strenght will be put at test, the ensuing result will not impact the strenght feats gauge.

Kz3r0

Arcane
COOKIE FIGHT

Merrily going his way Eulos bit into the buttery consistency of the cookie that deliciously melt in his mouth releasing the aroma of the spices and fruits within.
But in this fateful day the gods decided to test his worth once again.

The underground sound of thunder and shattered rock attracted Eulos attention and after a quick look around he saw one of the fabled cyclops come out of a newly open crack on the side of the mountain coasting the road.
The only eye of the blue skinned monster was fixed on the cookies, drooling copiously he advanced menacingly towards Eulos and his prized sweets.
Thanking Heraclues for such magnificent opportunity to test his might Eulos puffed up his chest, the humongous pectorals swelling up as balloons and the epic fight began.

The cookie monster rolled 72.
Eulos rolled 57+1 bonus=58.
Unfortunately you lost.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
AT THE TEMPLE

The blue ruffian attacked cowardly as the
honorless beast he was but Eulos stood his ground.
They exchanged mighty blows which echo
resounded from the far top of the mountains to the distant deep of the oceans.
Great was Eulos valor but greater was the
cyclop's vileness, while our young hero was all concentrated on the duel the blue
skinned villain only knew the urges of
his belly, swiftly as the thief he was he grabbed the envelope with the cookies that Eulos inadvertently dropped on the ground when confronted by the one eyed abomination, and with great haste ran
towards the hole that vomited him out.
-Biscuits, biscuits, mine, mine.-
Such was the inhuman yell of the monster.
-My cookies, give back my cookies.-
This words of righteous outrage were
uttered by the clear voice of our noble
hero, a voice that no maiden ever had and
never can hope to have so delicate and
acute it was.
Alas the forces of hades sheltered the
running coward shielding him from Eulos'
chase by closing with a rumble the fissure from which the unwanted guest arrived and then prompltly took is leave.
A great sadness graved on Eulos' heart as he directed his steps towards the temple running through a new shortcut opened in the side of the mountain by the mischief of some jealous god.
At least he was sure to arrive in time.

Eulos entered the temple court greeted by the sound of the bronze gong announcing the beginning of Heraclues Trials.
Slightly panting, sweat dripping from his curly hair, as his musky odor spread through the court he observed the high priest appearing on the top of the stairs leading at the temple's entrance.
-I am happy to see all these young men eager to honor our god and follow his example, unfortunately some seem not so eager or ready tho.-
The high priest gave Eulos a stark stare here, the poor boy tried to remain impassible while his honest cheeks were colored by unjustified shame.
The high priest continued:
-All of you are young and strong and hopeful to emulate Heraclues, at the end of this day you will receive your quest, if you are worthy.-
After a cursory glance at the crowd in the courtyard he continued:
-But now is time to honor our god, let's commence the Heracluesian games, as all of you already know there are four competitions, the chariots race, stone throwing, Atlus globes, wrestling.
Talk with the scribe if you want to partecipate to one of the events, the ones who won't partecipate will help the sacerdots with the rituals.-
An excited murmur filled the court, the first event was the chariots race, the patecipants had to take the place of the horse and run drawing a heavy bronze chariot after them.
Should Eulos partecipate in this first event?

A)Yes, but Eulos is a bit tired by all the running he already did, a temporary malus of -1 will be appllied to the dice roll here.

B)No, he will help the sacerdots for now, maybe he will partecipate in the next event.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The blue ruffian attacked cowardly as the
honorless beast he was but Eulos stood his ground.
They exchanged mighty blows which echo
resounded from the far top of the mountains to the distant deep of the oceans.
Great was Eulos valor but greater was the
cyclop's vileness, while our young hero was all concentrated on the duel the blue
skinned villain only knew the urges of
his belly, swiftly as the thief he was he grabbed the envelope
Was this poetry? :desu:

A malus of -1 to a d100 roll is nothing! Er, I mean, we are too awesome to get tired after a single scuffle wth a monster.

A.

lightbane

Arcane
A. What's the worst that can happen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom