Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do not take these as important numbers for calculation, they are just an approximation of what the system would be like if in numbers. In general, you can imagine it as something like this:
Ah, thanks. I probably needed that.

Damn, those S ranks are something. It is easier to understand how it works with magic (which defies the laws of physics anyway), but now I am waiting to see how the ranks compare to each other in physical combat, narrative-wise. That B++ Kyle was sporting must be a thing to behold.

Even if you went with another signature spell, you'd get generic stuff like Telekinesis
Telekinesis sounds like it can have a lot of applications. Pervy applications, even. I'd take it any day over Summon Electric Wolf which only serves to haunt the dreams of androids. :mad:

We need more spells that we can repurpose towards our inclinations. I can't imagine us bothering to learn them otherwise! :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'd take it any day over Summon Electric Wolf which only serves to haunt the dreams of androids.

You needed the army of wolves to help you simultaneously install scrying crystals in the dorm rooms of every single female student in the Academy during the orientation speech in the hall. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Chicks dig flashy rides. :M

"Hey baby, wanna take a ride on my Thunder Dragon?"

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Awakening in the Ruins

When you come to, you find yourself in the middle of a small clearing, as bare as the day you were born. Your injuries from the explosion have been healed: your right eye has returned, as has everything below your waist, including the important parts. It had not come without a price, however. The meaty, bloody taste of the Demon Lord’s heart rises up in your mouth as you recall what you did. Unable to hold back, you vomit from the sheer memory of the disgusting ordeal. Nothing comes out but thin drool. Coughing and gasping, you wince in pain.

Something had happened when you ate the Demon Lord’s heart. Something has changed.

As you clutch your naked shoulders, shivering, you feel something brush your fingers. It is a wing. Your wing, you realize, and there are two of them. They are magnificent specimens as far as wings go, majestic in size and sporting downy white feathers that are comfortable to the touch.

This has been the strangest day ever. First… everything that happened in the Demon Lord’s castle. Then… this. Your wings flap clumsily. Though you have no idea why they are there, or what you have become, you are beginning to suspect that you are no longer human. But what exactly you have become... that is probably something you can only find out in the days to come.

As you begin to calm down, you start to observe your surroundings more keenly. You are no longer in the Netherworld - the sunny day and peaceful atmosphere attests to that. But where are you, exactly?

The clearing’s true identity appears to be a small room – what you had thought to be tree trunks at first glance turn out to be stone pillars overgrown with moss and vines. There were also actual trees, growing through cracks in the walls, their trunks twisted as they reach out for as much light as they can get. The floor is cracked and overrun with weeds, to the extent that you can barely feel it with your hands. Above you, the ceiling has collapsed in places, allowing some light to pass through. That is also where most of the vines have wound up, their green leaves eagerly taking in the sunlight.

You do not recognize the style of architecture – it is unlike any you have seen in the Seven Kingdoms, nor is it demonic in origin. Strangely enough, you recognize some of the rubble strewn around you as belonging to the Demon Lord’s castle: the scars of battle are clear, and they are not as aged as the surrounding stone.

You have not slept for thousands of years then. It is not a matter of when. As you begin ruling out the possibilities, only one remains: how did you get here? Transportation. Teleportation. But why?

As you look around the clearing, you discover words carved into tablet-like protrusions on the pillars. The script is alien to you – though it bears some resemblance to what you have seen of demonic writing, you cannot be certain that they are related. You run your hand past the carvings, feeling the rough grooves beneath your fingertips. Lobelia would probably be interested in this, you think idly.

The memory comes back to you unbidden. Mieren being impaled by Lobelia’s icicle. Kyle cutting her head off. Your fingers clench involuntarily, cracking the stone and possibly damaging what would have been classified as a national historical treasure, were this place monitored by a kingdom keen on preserving history.

Kyle. Althus. Lobelia. They killed Mieren, and they would have killed you. As you think about them, you feel…

A. Anger. You will not take their betrayal lying down. You will find your way back to the Seven Kingdoms, and the traitors will pay, one way or another.

B. Indifference. If you should cross their path again, then you will decide what to do with them. Before that happens, you will not waste any time thinking about those traitors.

C. Mercy. What they did, they must have done for a reason. After all, you did betray the Goddesses first. You let go of the grudge. An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

You shake your head, trying to focus again on the present instead of the past. You take a look around again. You cannot stay here forever, after all. There are three passages leading from the clearing, and you wonder which one you should take…

Suddenly, you hear the splash of water, and a gentle, melodious humming from one of the passages. It sounds like a woman’s voice…

A. You climb a narrow pathway winding above you, into a passage between the stones. You should get a better vantage point if you head upwards.

B. You take the large stairs heading down into darkness. There is a rank smell coming from within: it means that there is something living there.

C. You head towards the side passage where the humming is coming from. You are merely curious. It is not because you are hoping to see something nice. Really.

D. You did not spend all those nights learning teleportation for nothing! Focusing strongly on the mental image of the outskirts of the capital, you cast the spell.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't see our guy as the vengeful type. He's obviously selfish and lazy, but at the same time understands that the price he paid for betraying the goddesses was just part of the game. We played with fire, got burned - shit happens. They may have fucked us over, but we fucked them first and paid for it.

As you look around the clearing, you discover words carved into tablet-like protrusions on the pillars. The script is alien to you – though it bears some resemblance to what you have seen of demonic writing, you cannot be certain that they are related.

As for where we are, this place has probably become some sort of angelic realm now that the Demon King is toast. It wouldn't be surprising if demonic and angelic script had the same origin, so that's what it hints at. The nice, sunny weather is another clue too.

As for the choice, what sort of self-respecting pervert would we be with anything other than C? I suppose I could be swayed to something else. Making a quick - and likely dangerous - visit to the capital seems like it could be a great way to get some info. Already the first choice of the chapter and I'm seriously contemplating a retarded YOLO option, what the fuck is wrong with me?

B C

Rex Feral

Prophet
I wouldn't normally go vengeful but they killed Mieren, although they really had no real reason to do it.

AC

Nevill

Arcane
As for where we are, this place has probably become some sort of angelic realm now that the Demon King is toast. It wouldn't be surprising if demonic and angelic script had the same origin, so that's what it hints at.
What do you mean, 'became an angelic realm'? We have established that not much time have passed since the latest happenings. Certainly not as much for a Netherworld or anything else to transform into a completely new realm.

I, too, think that several races having a common ancestry (or at least a creator) is a possibility.

Already the first choice of the chapter and I'm seriously contemplating a retarded YOLO option, what the fuck is wrong with me?
The prodigal son have finally returned home. :love:

You guys are supposed to be interested in young men.
We are only hearing a voice. Could be a young boy. You'll never know. Which is why we are heading there right now to verify.

BC.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
You guys are supposed to be interested in young men. :codexisfor:

You should have kept it more ambiguous:

Suddenly, you hear the splash of water, and a gentle, melodious humming from one of the passages. It sounds like a woman’s voice…

You shouldn't have added that part in. But then again, you could be trolling us with a hefty dose of...

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

I wouldn't normally go vengeful but they killed Mieren, although they really had no real reason to do it.

They killed Mieren, but we also betrayed everybody after a single glance at a pair of demon titties, so I'd say that makes us just about even.

Nevill

Arcane
They killed Mieren, but we also betrayed everybody after a single glance at a pair of demon titties, so I'd say that makes us just about even.
Mieren had nothing to do with it, though.

We fucked them over, they fucked us over, and a completely innocent person* died as a result. Still, her blood is on their hands.

* ignoring Ruric here because he was an old filthy male

Not that I want to do anything about it. We are finally done with this whole unpleasant war business, let's not throw ourselves back in right away. Knowing the previous incarnations of Theseuses, the trouble will find us anyway.

Also,
we also betrayed everybody after a single glance at a pair of demon titties
That's why you don't conscript champions. We should be making notes for our Overlord manual. :M

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
The angel choice will irritate him slightly but not as much as this. *ahem* Here goes:

Guys, I think we should let bygones be bygones and make amends with Kyle Theseus the moment we get a chance to. After all, had we not betrayed our friends and made him so jealous at us, he wouldn't have killed us. I'm sure that if we apologize, he'll welcome us back with open arms and we can trust each other again. So the next time we get the chance to do so, we should announce our presence and do whatever we can to get into his good graces again. Who's with me? I'm sure that you'll unanimously agree with me, but I'm just putting this out there to make sure.

You forgot the part where, as a show of good faith, we tear off our Evil Overlord's medal and cast it to the ground.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
*ahem* Here goes:
Damn it, I nearly forgot, I should be LARPing Jesus now. A pervy one, but still.

Flopping to CC. :salute:

Last edited:

wjw

Augur
BC. I want to forgive them, but killing Mieren was just plain overreacting. On the other hand, they might feel sorry after what they did to her. Anyway, we can cast judgement later on, when we better understand our position. For now, lets be seduced by this singing female of doom.

Jester

Arbiter

Maybe protagonist and those guys are on same level, but Mieren sounded like good person.

She didn't betray anyone. She just wanted to take us back for trial instead of lynch and was killed for that. We own her one in my opinion. If she didn't object she would be alive and she did so we can explain ourselves.

asxetos

Augur
CC.
Benevolent dictator is best dictator

AC. to break the tie.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom