Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Belongs here instead of the Pillars thread

https://genesedavis.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/obsidian-entertainment-panel-at-san-diego-comic-con/

Obsidian Entertainment Panel

Saturday, 7/11/15, 7:30p.m. – 8:30p.m., Room: 7AB

Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth? Do any of these games sound familiar? Of course they do, they are amazing games! Hear from Obsidian’s creatives about their formula for making games, what’s coming up next, their vision for the future of gaming, and how the gaming community impacts their passion and ingenuity. Don’t miss this epic panel with Obsidian Entertainment led by author and host, Genese Davis (The Holder’s Dominion; MMORPG.com).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Turns out the description on the comic con page is somewhat less accurate.

https://comiccon2015.sched.org/event/547bbf09cff2afeb2156e3bf9b29bbc1
Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth-do any of these games sound familiar? Of course they do-they are amazing games! Hear from Obsidian's creatives, including Chris Avellone and Shane DeFreest, about their formula for making games, what's coming up next, their vision for the future of gaming, and how the gaming community influences their passion and ingenuity. Led by Genese Davis (The Holder's Dominion , MMORPG).

Chris Avellone starring as Sir Not-appearing-on-this-panel

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Belongs here instead of the Pillars thread

https://genesedavis.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/obsidian-entertainment-panel-at-san-diego-comic-con/

Obsidian Entertainment Panel

Saturday, 7/11/15, 7:30p.m. – 8:30p.m., Room: 7AB

Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth? Do any of these games sound familiar? Of course they do, they are amazing games! Hear from Obsidian’s creatives about their formula for making games, what’s coming up next, their vision for the future of gaming, and how the gaming community impacts their passion and ingenuity. Don’t miss this epic panel with Obsidian Entertainment led by author and host, Genese Davis (The Holder’s Dominion; MMORPG.com).

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/saturday

UPDATED: Tue, Jun 30, 09:20AM

Are you a fan of role playing games and ever wondered what goes into making them? Join the award winning team at Obsidian Entertainment for a unique interactive experience where you, the audience get to participate in the process of creating part of the upcoming expansion for Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part II. Obsidian is going to make you, the audience part of the design process and walk you through what they do to create something in the game itself. This is a unique fun, opportunity for anyone who loves video games and wants to take a peek behind the curtain and help make the magic happen.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...discussion-thread.100006/page-16#post-4009324

darthaegis

Cipher
Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth-do any of these games sound familiar?
Strange, can't they mention New Vegas? It's probably their most known game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth-do any of these games sound familiar?
Strange, can't they mention New Vegas? It's probably their most known game.

Mentioned here:

CJLiRFZUYAENgZE.jpg:large

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I really wonder if Salgado will get to say anything considering he pretty much made Oblivion playable with his mod.

Athelas

Arcane
Will there be a Codex representative at this thing?

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
Someone who goes to Comic Con please , punch fuckin SJWayer in the face , and tell something like "where is your balance now bitch"

Latro

Arcane
That's one ugly poster
I'm very suspicious of Sawyer here, he tends to portray himself as "grim introvert with a penchant for history and diogenes" but there's an awful lot of selfies for someone so weary of this world. What game is the dark lord playing? Image re-building now that he is de facto cult leader?

agris

Arcane
Patron
or he's a human being with a rich inner-life that gives him the confidence to express himself through various ways as he sees fit without risking a complete crisis of identity.

or something.

Latro

Arcane
or he's a human being with a rich inner-life that gives him the confidence to express himself through various ways as he sees fit without risking a complete crisis of identity.

or something.
I was going with bi-polar evil one who rewards his allies with thousands of dollars and curses his enemies with incessant balance patches at the flick of a wrist.
My theory's more fun.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Maybe Josh is just a happy hippie who likes driving around in his Volkswagen type 2 bus.

Atchodas

Augur
I wonder how many thousands photos of Sawyer were taken, before he managed to make a proper smile
TaUiltE.png

he got it from first try dont you worry .
I found this jewel on the codex some time ago lol so that is old picture in the poster ! Or is it different one with the same jew smile ?

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I think that Josh pic is from a very old PoE (Project Eternity) video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom