Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity: The White March E3 2015 Preview Roundup + Screenshots

sser

Arcane
Developer
So happy they've decided to make it turn-based.

Thonius

Arcane
Man, the snow is kinda shitty - they really should move out of god dammit California and see the world. Look at those roof! Who build roof like that?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
l2nlwTM.jpg

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I am fine with it though. A lot of kickstarter devs give out too much love. People gotta eat. I'll buy it.
at 75% :troll:

Cynicus

Augur
Boobie-bot? Obs, u r doin it rong.
aschen-dtd21.jpg

aschen1.png

Seriously, though, some of the tweaks they are making, such as individual stealth, are going in the right direction. I hope they amp up the creature AI.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I hope they amp up the creature AI.

Any creature AI at all that expands upon "rush to crowd around tank(s) -> if can teleport, teleport behind character with lowest max HP -> focus-fire wizard if preparing devastating AoE" would be appreciated. I can't recall encountering any significant behavior other than that during my entire playthrough, although that was immediately post-release.

Cynicus

Augur
"rush to crowd around tank(s) -> if can teleport, teleport behind character with lowest max HP -> focus-fire wizard if preparing devastating AoE"

Yeah. "Bumrushing dogpile clusterfuck" is the phrase that kept entering my mind at the time. I don't actually think it was that bad, but it did seem like routine combat had a tendency toward the robotic. Since Sawyer's system is what it is and is unlikely to change significantly, I imagine the best way to try and add some spice would be to widen the variety of behaviors both within and between enemy types. It would be an interesting experiment if nothing else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom