Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Well, at least Space Engine resemble an actual universe. This things is missing entire classes of celestial objects.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It's procedural aka sounds nice until you realize this will be boring as everything else that lacks handcrafted content.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
How can you know? The "game" isn't even out. Also, I bet the whole illusion will crumble instantly once you realize how the thing works.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
How can you know?

from the previews?

I bet the whole illusion will crumble instantly once you realize how the thing works.

What illusion? He explained how things works, the game basicaly is just a mathematical algorithm.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I believe it'll be an entertaining and fun game for 7 hours or so... and then you'll probably start to recognize "patterns" and planet exploring loses its appeal. I honestly don't see any point in 18.446.744.073.709.551.616 planets.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe it'll be an entertaining and fun game for 7 hours or so... and then you'll probably start to recognize "patterns" and planet exploring loses its appeal. I honestly don't see any point in 18.446.744.073.709.551.616 planets.
There is none. Starbound does this and it's fucking pointless.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There is a marketing point. our gaemz haz so many planuths that no one gaemz had befur !!!!1

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
WsbNHU.gif

Everything in No Man's Sky is created in real-time on the fly as you play. Nothing is set in place. Amazing tech they've done there.

Turjan

Arcane
I like the idea. I like the graphics. I like the art style. I'm just not sure how much of an actual fun gameplay experience there will be.
This is exactly how I see it. It looks like a really cool game - for one or two hours.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
bullshit, the game looks amazing with destruction on par with red faction

6ori1R.gif

polo

Magister
So 18 minutes of gameplay, of which 16 are just shooting at "stuff" without reason.
Endless fun!!!111

(And yes, the 111 are on purpose.)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
- Buy it on Steam sales/pirate it
- Have some 2-8 hours of FUN until the patterns become familiar and boring
- Uninstall, never look back

/thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I think i know what will be at the center of the galaxy.

Sean in all his reviews says that they built a universe, but he always refers to the 'main goal' as the center of the galaxy and not the center of the universe, in all the videos he showed so far you are exploring planets in the same galaxy, also in 18 min gameplay he hinted that when you reach the center of the galaxy the game will start a new in kind of way.

Deducting from all that, I think that when you reach the center of the galaxy, universe map will open and you will be able to jump out to different galaxies.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Each planet will be indistinguishable from the next. This will be an indie "experience" title, like that stupid forest walking simulator. Proteus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom