Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chaos Chronicles uncancelled?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fuck-you-and-good-riddance.png

Looking forward to Shadow: Heretic Kingdoms @ 90% off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/app/223120/discussions/0/617321352162795832/

Bitcomposer bankrupt
Seems like there won't be a century of chaos. German insolvency announcement page insolvenzbekanntmachungen.de released that bitcompser is bankrupt yesterday:

"810 IN 1144/14 B: In dem Insolvenzantragsverfahren über das Vermögen der bitComposer Entertainment AG, Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn (AG Frankfurt am Main, HRB 92652), vertr. d.: 1. Oliver Neupert, (Vorstand), 2. Patrick Rausch, (Vorstand) ist am 03.12.2014 um 15:50 Uhr die vorläufige Verwaltung des Vermögens der Schuldnerin angeordnet worden. Verfügungen der Schuldnerin sind nur mit Zustimmung des vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalters wirksam. Zum vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalter ist Rechtsanwalt Dr. Robert Schiebe, Kaiserstraße 11, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Tel.: 069- 21931-50, Fax: 069- 219315-99, E-Mail: r.schiebe@schiebe.de, Internet: www.schiebe.de bestellt worden.

Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, 03.12.2014"

https://www.insolvenzbekanntmachungen.de/cgi-bin/bl_suche.pl
Aktenzeichen des Insolvenzgerichts: 810 IN 1144/14

:hero:

HobGoblin42 CrashOberbreit

thesheeep Yeah, we know

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Bitcomposer has been filed for protection from its creditors already three months ago. They've got the chance to reconstruct their business under their own administration in that period, without success as it seems.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... who owns CC now?

I imagine they're supposed to auction off the rights now (although it might work differently in Germany?)

Since this company is so obscure we might never learn who they went to.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think Nordic Games might want to buy Jagged Aliiance as well as Chaos Chronicles. ... Or Paradox or Stardock will intercept it.

m_s0

Arcane
I think Nordic Games might want to buy Jagged Aliiance as well as Chaos Chronicles. ... Or Paradox or Stardock will intercept it.
I forgot these guys owned Jagged Alliance. That series truly is cursed. Hopefully whoever acquires it releases at least one decent entry before inevitably biting the dust.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The rights are not even important. I would play another game with similar class and gameplay, with a completely different name.
The problem seems to be that no one is able to make a game worth of the name. This is the problem not the license.
You cant make 1st rate games with 2nd and 3rd rate developers. The list of developers who tried is endless and people should start to analyse what made Jagged Alliance 2 so great, developers seem to be unable to understand it.
This one here was particularly dumb, thinking that the fans would find it awesome to play a game with the JA license, pretentious German humor, and otherwise totally different gameplay. Morons.
It certainly wasnt the name that made it great. As the JA name was sold and resold multiple times, in the end it does not matter who owns it, all they make with it is shit.

The rights are not even important. I would play another game with similar class and gameplay, with a completely different name.
The problem seems to be that no one is able to make a game worth of the name. This is the problem not the license.
You cant make 1st rate games with 2nd and 3rd rate developers. The list of developers who tried is endless and people should start to analyse what made Jagged Alliance 2 so great, developers seem to be unable to understand it.
This one here was particularly dumb, thinking that the fans would find it awesome to play a game with the JA license, pretentious German humor, and otherwise totally different gameplay. Morons.
It certainly wasnt the name that made it great. As the JA name was sold and resold multiple times, in the end it does not matter who owns it, all they make with it is shit.

:5/5:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

:5/5:
Troll heads are used for rating trolling attempts. This definitely wasn't a trolling attempt. ;)

Severian Silk

everything is shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom