Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
uhh, journal?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Where is news about it Infinitron? Underrail gets more coverage for some reason, not fair.

@Vault Dweller
This looks mind blowing! I don't even want to read the whole update to not spoil myself the fun I'll have when I discover these new things but a glimpse was enough for me to get very excited. No other cRPG can make my adrenaline level to increase (well, Fallout announcements make my blood boil but that's different :P).

Blackmill

Scholar
I didn't see it under the "Fixes" section so I have to ask, is the Hangar dialogue option for Aurelian Praetors now working? And, as usual, good work. Even in its beta stage, I have AoD firmly seated in the pantheon of great RPGs (I actually think it trumps PS:T and Fallout), so I'm looking forward to the final release.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I didn't see it under the "Fixes" section so I have to ask, is the Hangar dialogue option for Aurelian Praetors now working? And, as usual, good work. Even in its beta stage, I have AoD firmly seated in the pantheon of great RPGs (I actually think it trumps PS:T and Fallout), so I'm looking forward to the final release.
Probably not (don't remember). Our focus was on the new content. Now we'll work on fixing issues, bugs, and adding minor missing things.

Weasel

likaq

Arcane
We are close to finish all the content in the game. Next month we'll be releasing the final batch of new content (and wrapping up of old questlines), we'll do the temple, which has the level and design almost done, and from mid-July to the release we'll be polishing the game.

We'll do a pass all over the checks, and try to fix any unintended extreme metagaming. What do I mean with this? The abyss checks will probably stay as they are, is intended to be a hard to reach place. But I recall an interesting post about some extreme metagaming investment needed to get some of the artifacts or pass some main questlines, which is definitely not intended.

In general, I believe you'll find the release version to be a definitive improvement. We are also looking into making some tag options for the game, in which you can choose between no tags, tags and tags with value.

^
Elhoim .
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6643.msg137345.html#msg137345

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really need them to make a detailed manual that actually goes over everything what's possible in game. The fact that you can have tags for your skill checks, but sometimes they are not visible (hidden checks), sometimes you get a success but can get an even better one and stuff like that. Every single mechanic needs to be documented. Every weapon, modification, attack type. I understand that it might take a while after the release to complete this manual, but we need it.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Then again discovering these things yourself is part of the fun. I find manuals spoiling for the most part, although well made manual can be a great bonus (e.g. Fallout 1 manual).

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I have the impression that manuals will add to that old-school experience that ITS is all about. I didn’t played a lot of games, but after reading the manuals of RoA2 and SitS, I totally get it why someone would want that.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Thursday is coming: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/530645446325816735/
Elhoim said:
Known Issues and Pending Features

- There will be more filler NPCs with schedules.
- There will be more sounds for text actions.
- Alternate alchemy sources not implemented.

Fixes, changes and Improvements for the upcoming July 2015 version:

Improvements:

- Game starting time is faster.
- Inferiae Guardian body is visually broken.
- Added a new option to infiltrate the Ganezzar tower.
- Implemented fight against "fake-Meru".
- Warning in character creation if you have unspent stat points.
- You can now keep your SP from character creation when you start the game.
- Added healer to Ganezzar.
- Added two ways to teleport inside the monastery's sealed chamber.
- If you return to the abyss after the fog is cleared, you'll learn the fate of the god.
- Completed the PA questline, returning the PA to Valla (or keeping it for yourself).
- You can access databanks on several locations if you learned it from the Inferiae Guardian.
- Added talker path on Al-Akia as an IG leaving the ruins.
- Improved Teron mining outpost quest. Leaving uses the map button, decanus has the key for the chest, you are no longer railroaded in dialogue when bandits attack (won't be forced to use to tube).

Fixes:

- If you don't accept Varro's offer to join the guild the first time, the option doesn't disappear.
- Fixed issues with tower cellar in New Teron.
- Fixed issue with not being able to leave the tunnels after killing Glabrio in IG8.
- Fixed narrative issues with Faelan and Meru in Al-Akia.
- Fixed issue with inn stairs in Ganezzar.
- Fixed Dead River and Hellgate achievements.
- Fixed issue in AG9 with the entrance to the guild appearing on a side wall.
- Now you can give Bernie the "spear" even if you didn't agree to search for it (or he refused to share his secret).
- Bernie properly leaves when you give him the spear.
- Fixed PA quest endless loop with Esdras.
- Fixed rare issue of black screen when loading a savegame.
- Fixed issue with TG ganezzar questline not starting if you went with Levir to the catacombs.
- Fixed issue with HD armor reward in Teron.
- Fixed narrative issues with Antidas on New Teron versions.
- Several level fixes to Teron MG version.
- Fixed bug with Feng not appearing in Teron MG when he should be, plus bad teleporting when talking with him.
- Fixed bug with Aemolas appearing in Teron MG when he shouldn't be.
- Fixed issues with map screen and repeating intro in Al-Akia when sent by HD to blow up the place.
- Fixed issue with IG7 triggering when you exit Al-Akia in other questlines.

Changes:

- The alchemist at Teron's Inn now sells you some alchemy ingredients (free ingredients removed).
- You can open hellgate's entrance door with the key.
- Changed text on Maadoran gate, opens the world map.
- Teron Bandit Camp quest now grants 10 SP (was 5 SP).
- Convincing Carrinas to go to the inn in HD2 grants 2 civil SP.
- Dellar doesn't take the mining outpost power tube from you.
- Teron Doctor name changed to Medicus.
- Power Armor Gauntlet weight set to 0 (It's part of the armor).

Combat Balance:

- Reduced Power Armor shield to 6 DR, increased vsCS and vsRanged to 35.
- Anubis PA mode now grants HP regeration, 1 point per level. RA mode gives +2 STR, +2DEX, +2HP Regen.
- Pickaxe and shovel can now attack diagonally.
Really impressive list of improvements and fixes, we're getting really close to 1.0 version. Hopefully it will be released no later than September, otherwise it might get dwarfed by Fallout 4 release.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Thursday is coming: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/530645446325816735/

Really impressive list of improvements and fixes, we're getting really close to 1.0 version. Hopefully it will be released no later than September, otherwise it might get dwarfed by Fallout 4 release.

We are aiming for late September/Early October. There's still a lot of work left to be done, but practically all the content is in. I'm working with Vince polishing all the questlines, while Nick and Eugene are working on improving the AI.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Iron Tower has just relased a high resolution version of the banner that's on their Steam page:

11063623_937424046300093_7784868555315008887_o.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom