Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tree of Life- That 'ol UO feeling

BulMaster

Educated
I may actually get this in a few hours.

New slaves coming up! That said, the adventure pack any good?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Ok I am in with Muty, so what now
Where are you guys and do you have the teamspeak info?

I just woke up a bit ago, am hungover and now found out we are involved in fighting yet another guild thats 100 times bigger than us lol. We seem to make enemies of the worst people to make enemies with. Lovely =)

One thing we will never be accused of is picking on the little guy.

Hobo and Crunch are on TS but not answering and the brazilians are skyping me in broken english about building in their base with them. We need a translator seriously.

Ive been gone 14 hours and all hell breaks loose and I dont know what the hell is going on.

Avellion

Erudite
The Eastern wall got broken again and 2 thieves snuck in and broke into Shakespeare's cabin. With a third thief on the way. Hopefully they didnt steal too much of items of value.

BreakerBR was one of the two assailants.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
The Eastern wall got broken again and 2 thieves snuck in and broke into Shakespeare's cabin, I tried walling them in. But they escaped.

Thanks.I'm still not in game yet.

Im on TS but everyone is AFK and the wife just informed me we are going to out to eat and bacon and eggs is calling my name.Once she gets ready (and this chick takes 30 mins of getting ready to go check the fucking mail) Ive gotta run but will be back right after. I imagine james is sleeping cause that dude is hardcore and probably pulled another all nighter but im sure in soon enough everyone will be around.

The brazilians to our South of the Outpost want us to build with them I think and so if they come around speaking broken english just try to be polite =P

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The Eastern wall got broken again and 2 thieves snuck in and broke into Shakespeare's cabin. With a third thief on the way. Hopefully they didnt steal too much of items of value.

This is what happens when we don't set up those stone walls. M-muh farming fields.. :negative:
Damn you, IronHead :argh: You stomp on my cabbage patch, I'll stomp on your guild.

As for an alliance with the Brazilians, I'm reluctant. It sounds like a good plan on paper and I don't mind allying myself with them, but I'm afraid that there are going to be a bunch of communication problems that will possibly lead to all kinds of horrible and gross misunderstandings and butthurt on both sides.

Avellion

Erudite

This is what happens when we don't set up those stone walls. M-muh farming fields.. :negative:
Damn you, IronHead :argh: You stomp on my cabbage patch, I'll stomp on your guild.

As for an alliance with the Brazilians, I'm reluctant. It sounds like a good plan on paper and I don't mind allying myself with them, but I'm afraid that there are going to be a bunch of communication problems that will possibly lead to all kinds of horrible and gross misunderstandings and butthurt on both sides.

Yeah looking back, it seemed what caused the chaos when I met those two was the difficulty in communication. Which means I might have mistook them (the place was amess when they were there and their behavious wasnt helping. And IronHead again?!? Dammit that guy, if he was involved again, this wouldn't be the first time he robbed us. This guy is definately on my shitlist now.

Last edited:

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Against my better judgement, I purchased this. I haven't dipped into a UO-like since Darkfall Online. I hope this is good... but not too good. These things tend to get really grindy.

I bought a 4-pack which means I have 3 to give out to any codexer who pleasures my anus with a brofist. You're responsible for your own adventurer upgrade!

Maybe The Brazilian Slaughter can help us do diplomacy with the machete rape Brasilieros?

Against my better judgement, I purchased this. I haven't dipped into a UO-like since Darkfall Online. I hope this is good... but not too good. These things tend to get really grindy.

I bought a 4-pack which means I have 3 to give out to any codexer who pleasures my anus with a brofist. You're responsible for your own adventurer upgrade!

Maybe The Brazilian Slaughter can help us do diplomacy with the machete rape Brasilieros?

Not without my internet, right now I can't. Unless you bring me text to reply.
And even after, I got no key.

LilSassy

Novice

I don't think I can brofist yet, but I would really like to play this game with you guys.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

I don't think I can brofist yet, but I would really like to play this game.
L2Fist

I'm sure he's looking for a good fisting over that 4 pack. I know that if I bought a 4 pack id be expecting some serious fisting myself.

Perhaps an MS paint of a good brofist ? Something?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Not without my internet, right now I can't. Unless you bring me text to reply.
And even after, I got no key.
Typical brazilian *rolls eyes*

LilSassy

Novice

I don't think I can brofist yet, but I would really like to play this game.
L2Fist

I'm sure he's looking for a good fisting over that 4 pack. I know that if I bought a 4 pack id be expecting some serious fisting myself.

Perhaps an MS paint of a good brofist ? Something?

Zackwpf.jpg

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The original point was kinda to keep the offer among those old enough to fist, but... what can I say?

You got spunk, kid. You got moxy. I like that, see? With those things, and a firm grasp of anachronistic 1930s gangland jargon, you'll go far in life, see?

Anyway, a crucial step that I failed to explain would be actually giving me a steam account name in a PM so that I can gift your account a copy. Can't do anything until then. Enjoy.

In other news, I started the game, crashed and was locked out for repeated tries over an hour. Finally, I'm starting to remember how I spent most of the Darkfall Beta.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's one of the less grindy skill based games I've played. But it's weird how some skills just skyrocket and you blaze through them really fast, whereas others are a lot more grindy in comparison. The fun thing about the Skill system is if you want to be competitive in combat, you don't even need to learn any of the weapon skills. In fact you wouldn't even need to max out anything. You can just level up all your skills until you run out of points (without maxing anything) and you'd be ready for PvP. The minus side of this is that the weapon skills are mostly kinda useless save for Daggers and Two Handed. Daggers give a shitload of Dexterity and Two Handed gives a shitload of Strength. Constitution is easily gained from other Skill Masteries.
So, yeah, it's good that crafters aren't free targets for raiders and other PKers, provided that they are geared up.

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
American servers.

And Hobo is right about this game not being very grindy. The power curve is low meaning you get into the "endgame phase" nearly straight away, and some skills like farming can be raised stupidly fast giving you the two good attributes in the game, strength and constitution. Some skills like smithing require quite the time investment though, but some skills wont require much of an investment at all.

LilSassy

Novice
Just an FYI for anyone else who starts playing.

Top: Starts you off at the northwest region.
Bottom Left: South West
Bottom Right: South East

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Yes we are all on teamspeak. Or most of us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom