Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Announced (for real this time)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 4

It's been over three and a half years the since the day the Skies were Rimmed. Three and a half years of respite for the RPG Codex. Years during which it seemed to some that Bethesda Softworks and their doings might even be the lesser of most evils. But today, a new darkness rises in Rockville, Maryland. Fallout 4 has finally been announced. Behold:

It's got Ron Perlman! It's got Vault 111! It's got Boston, with robots and zeppelins and stuff! It's got Dogmeat, oh so much Dogmeat! It even has what appears to be a voiced protagonist! Unless Dogmeat is actually the protagonist!

I rate this trailer 10/10, Skyrim total conversion mod of the year. Although I suppose its focus on pre-war events is kind of interesting. We'll learn more about this latest of Bethesda masterpieces at E3 later this month.

likaq

Arcane
xqc8p4.jpg

giphy.gif

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm... I hope F4 >> F3 will be like Skyrim >> Oblivion.
Though I fear we just get another pile of AWESOME POSTAPOCALYPTIC STUFF packed together.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

After years of hype and numerous delays, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the pride of the Polish nation, is finally released. It's now available for purchase on Steam, but definitely not GMG) for the standard price of $60. Here's the game's launch trailer, which has many familiar faces and a kinda faggy soundtrack:

Well, that's that then. Ever since the Kickstarter age began, we've all but completely phased out news coverage of AAA RPG releases. Only The Witcher 3 remained, mostly because I enjoy CD Projekt's approach to writing...and because the Codex readership demands a little graphics whoring now and again. Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...
Well that didn't last long, did it? :decline:

Last edited by a moderator:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beth continues to prove they're the worst people to get their hands on the Fallout license.

Ok second worst.

Cadmus

Arcane
why does it look like a shit skyrim mod? is it gonna be on shitbryo again?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

After years of hype and numerous delays, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the pride of the Polish nation, is finally released. It's now available for purchase on Steam, but definitely not GMG) for the standard price of $60. Here's the game's launch trailer, which has many familiar faces and a kinda faggy soundtrack:

Well, that's that then. Ever since the Kickstarter age began, we've all but completely phased out news coverage of AAA RPG releases. Only The Witcher 3 remained, mostly because I enjoy CD Projekt's approach to writing...and because the Codex readership demands a little graphics whoring now and again. Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...
Well that didn't last long, did it? :decline:

Obviously, that doesn't include announcements and releases +M

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That screenshot posted earlier looked terrible but it looks even worse in motion.

Creation/Gamebryo confirmed.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My prediction:

I will pirate it on day one and play for 20-30 hours over the following week or two, before getting bored to tears, uninstalling and never looking at it again, and after a couple of years I will buy it when it gets discounted to <$10 to ease my conscience.

Worked liked that with Fallout 3 and Skyrim. :M

---

It will obviously be a mainstream hit of a huge magnitude, but I am not sure if it will beat Skyrim's popularity. Generic fantasy and dragons are much more embedded in people's minds nowadays than post-apocalypse, even if the post-apocalypse is as neutered as it will inevitably be in this game.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
On the other hand, it'll be fun watching @driackkin suffer immensely again :troll:
He'll come back to suffer, right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
In all seriousness, is the prominence given to the dog in the trailer a hint that the dog will actually be playable? They could let you shift between controlling your character and the dog.

Hey, maybe Obsidian can use that functionality in their spin-off to make it a proper RPG with party control! :smug:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
If Feargus swallowed his pride after being ass-raped by Bethesda, I bet now he dreams of making Fallout: New Reno.

edit: Beth$ launched today just to fuck with Fargo's kicksarter and divert attention :)

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hmmm... I hope F4 >> F3 will be like Skyrim >> Oblivion.
Though I fear we just get another pile of AWESOME POSTAPOCALYPTIC STUFF packed together.
Well, what a gleaned out of it was that some of the cityscape (namely the one at the end and the one with someone larping Humphrey Bogart) looked decent, like someone had actually gotten around to rebuilding things. Of course, this is rather savagely contrasted to with some of the other things seen, like that settlement that looks like a fantasy-fied version of Generic Post-Apoc Shantytown #. And of course, the flipping pirate ship (probably a theme park themed settlement, complete with psycho clowns or something). Biggest issue will remain that Bethesda cannot into doing anything but a vidya gaem story with vidya gaem level substance and characters to it. And that they still have only a superficial understanding of Fallout.

Also, I'm calling that the player character will be cryofreezed when the Great War happens and then awoken to the Wasteland.

I'm still giving them a bit of credit for having the courtesy to stay the hell out of the West Coast tho. Even though they still do nothing but recycle superficial elements that don't even have recognition value outside of places like the Codex (ie, Deathclaws, for fuck's sake; you could come up with a whole lot of mutated animals and shit instead). And zerosum credit for New Vegas because of the screwjob they pulled on Obsidian.

Shannow

Waster of Time
:mob:

I actually like that Beth are starting to become retro oldschool and stuff. FO3 graffix is oldschool, right?

Black

Arcane
Them staying out of the West coast don't mean anything. They've already brought FEV, super-mutants, BoS and Enclave with them. What's even the point.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I actually like that Beth are starting to become retro oldschool and stuff. FO3 graffix is oldschool, right?

Infinity Ward have been using the same engine/renderer for every Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 2 (Well, technically CoD1 too but CoD2 uses a different renderer and has a lot more custom code from the Quake3base). That's 10 years of not replacing your engine/renderer and making a fucking truck load of dollars every time. I believe that is Bethesda's strategy also.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom