Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POLL: Is your general sentiment towards POE negative or positive?

Is your general sentiment towards the game negative or positive?

• Negative

Votes: 105 26.6%
  • Positive

Votes: 192 48.7%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 97 24.6%

• Total voters

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yeah, except that ive been playing RPGs since the 90s and I still like the game. Why? Because its a good game. If you spent less time on forum complaining about nonsense and more time playing a game you'd maybe enjoy it too.

Oh wait, I was just talking to a dumfuck. Nevermind.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Yeah, except that ive been playing RPGs since the 90s and I still like the game. Why? Because its a good game. If you spent less time on forum complaining about nonsense and more time playing a game you'd maybe enjoy it too.

Oh wait, I was just talking to a dumfuck. Nevermind.
possibly_retarded.png

:lol:

GrapeJam

Novice
Positive. Game was great, had good concepts although the execution was flawed, hope they'll do an EE edition or at least take the criticisms to heart when making POE 2.

rado907

Savant
Positive. Has the IE vibe. Marred by annoying designer choices motivated by "We just know better than the guys who made the classics." Looking forward to sequel.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Positive. Has the IE vibe. Marred by annoying designer choices motivated by "We just know better than the guys who made the classics." Looking forward to sequel.
/end topic :D

I am only looking forward to the sequel if they overhaul the game in it.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Did anyone noticed how many 2015 newfags like the game?
So you're saying because I like the game and my join date is older than yours, that means the game is good. Until we find an old fag who dislikes it. Then it's shit... Until we find an older fag who likes it again. And so on until Calis (or whoever is the oldest still posting member) finally decides?

I kept out of this discussion because it's at least as retarded as certain moderators is this forum.

Some people like it, some don't, some are ambivalent. All state their reasons. Constructive criticism is given.
End of Rhine.

What's left to bitch about? Does any praising/bitching about the game change anybody's opinion? I skipped all these shitty threads, but did anybody change their minds due to posts here? I'd be extremely surprized if yes.
So find something more constructive to do than going round and round in ever the same circles.
(I know, who am I kidding. Have fun with your useless circle jerking.)

Shevek

Arcane
Its funny, since roshan bumped the topic, the positive rating increased by around 2 percentage points.

I guess he has his answer.

Lhynn

Arcane
Popularity has always been the best way to determine what is good and what isnt.

hell bovine

Arcane
Ambivalent. The good points where overshadowed by the combat feeling like a chore. Finished and uninstalled, won't play again unless someone manages to create a complete combat overhaul (e.g. like Requiem for Skyrim).

sser

Arcane
Developer
Not really negative or positive, but I wouldn't say ambivalent either. The game's aesthetically amazing. I loved all the artwork. I also really enjoyed the character of Durance. It was the jagged, screwy main story and the poor combat which had me shelving it.

Zeronet

Learned
So you're saying because I like the game and my join date is older than yours, that means the game is good. Until we find an old fag who dislikes it. Then it's shit... Until we find an older fag who likes it again. And so on until Calis (or whoever is the oldest still posting member) finally decides?

I kept out of this discussion because it's at least as retarded as certain moderators is this forum.

Some people like it, some don't, some are ambivalent. All state their reasons. Constructive criticism is given.
End of Rhine.

What's left to bitch about? Does any praising/bitching about the game change anybody's opinion? I skipped all these shitty threads, but did anybody change their minds due to posts here? I'd be extremely surprized if yes.
So find something more constructive to do than going round and round in ever the same circles.

I have to admit, i played PoE enjoyed it immensely but then i read the forums, was won over by the arguments and realized i hadn't actually enjoyed it. I am of course, being sarcastic. You can't argue somebody into enjoying or not enjoying something.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Sometimes you can, you can make a person realize there is something similar to the product in question - but better. Sometimes. In consequence he/she will like the better product more and possibly enjoy the inferior one less.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sometimes you can, you can make a person believe there is something similar to the product in question - but better. Sometimes. In consequence he/she will like the better product more and possibly enjoy the inferior one less.

FTFY

Cadmus

Arcane

End of Rhine.

I'm still on the fence and I enjoy having it explained to me what's cool about the game because I already know what's not cool about it. So I might be the one kind of swaying in the wind.

As this poll shows decisively, PoE is a game of the people, appreciated by the masses and true incline. Thanks roshan for giving us an opportunity to get this out in the open.

Lhynn

Arcane
As this poll shows decisively, PoE is a game of the people, appreciated by the masses and true incline. Thanks roshan for giving us an opportunity to get this out in the open.
Yup, the masses like poe, the gentlemen with refined tastes dont.

Delterius

Arcane
Overall Negative.

Critically, I believe that the game is competently done, polished and worth recommendation to some of people. If the story wasn't so underdeveloped I might have given it more than a 7/10. However, personally it is my biggest disappointment in a long while.

The reason for that mostly boils down to one thing: the design paradigm that brings everything together. The game intends to make sure the player's options in classes and abilities are more comparable. That there are no shitty Avengers or amazingly powerful Sorcerers. As such, it subscribes to principles of tightly balancing every single thing in the game.

To keep a long story short, those are the principles that, in one way or another, became norm in online gaming for the past 15 or so years -- which means the more popular of Strategy games and RPGs in the beginning of the century. I turned to single player CRPGs precisely because I can't stand them anymore. No world that is tightly balanced, no world that obsessively and at all times already expects most of all actions the player may take is organic. Nor does it empower the player.

Just look at the attribute system: nothing can possibly make, damn and I'd argue individualize the Player Character in an attribute system of a game inspired by D&D!

And most distressingly, Baldur's Gate was exactly the series of games I first played after giving up on those balanced games. So that just salts the wound.

The areas were pretty though.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Just voting positive again. Fair considering I'm in my second and third parallel playthroughs. Criticism above make no sense to me, classes have very different playstyles and not comparable at all. Paragraph 4 is the most confusing bit of text I've read since I returned to the Codex.

Lhynn

Arcane
Just voting positive again. Fair considering I'm in my second and third parallel playthroughs. Criticism above make no sense to me, classes have very different playstyles and not comparable at all. Paragraph 4 is the most confusing bit of text I've read since I returned to the Codex.
Classes do, but party composition makes it all the same despite playing with a different class. Even if you try some wild combinations of classes in your party, youll find the combat stays the exact same against pretty much any given foe.

No one cares you are playing it for the 3rd time, i know plenty of people that play and love oblivion to death. Doesnt make it a good game, just shows you what kind of standards you are dealing with.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Classes do, but party composition makes it all the same despite playing with a different class. Even if you try some wild combinations of classes in your party, youll find the combat stays the exact same against pretty much any given foe.

I highly doubt that, because in my new playthroughs I'm having a much different feel of the combat with different party combination. I have seen a lot of people here saying as much.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lol, this is certainly unappropriate. But thanks.

Inappropriate how? You don't like boobs any more? Did your trip to KWA change you that much? :smug:

Anyway, OP followup: after a 2nd playthrough and after playing other games, and after reading the news about the expansion, my vote is confirmed to be "negative". The game is just unredeemable, and in fact the more I think of it, and of its shortcomings, the more I find it loathesome...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom