Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

ArchAngel

Arcane
20 quirks seems kind of low for a game with a party size of 7 tbh.
Fallout had less than 20. And you don't need to have a quirk on every party member.

4too

Arcane
Fashion Fascism

“Jimmious” said:
I really hope they'll actually do a proper rebalancing and most improtantly change the whole Energy Weapons vs Armor scheme into something more...logical.
It seemed extremely dumb to fight robots naked because their energy weapons would do less damage this way...

“Jimmious” said:
… proper …

Considering this is someone else’s story, stories have their own evasive logic (especially commercial TV), where does “proper” begin unless you are speculating on changes that patch what breaks the game for you.

By balance I guess you may be advocating potential game play improvements. A more accessible logic may support the narrative and nurture your / our suspension of disbelief.

I saw this twist of SCI-FI as a commendable, integral “What If” to pry, we the playing participants out of the trope of tech progression, the fashion of god mode armor.

For those that must have their shining armor, maybe a suitablly comic fix, as the kitty litter upgrade of radiation suits, might resonate with the wry wit of the ‘What If’,

“what if … what if” an eye blinding silicone coat of “Johnson’s Car Wax”, dragging tail, a 00 gauge grounding strap!

4too

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't you feel there was something wrong about the whole weapon damage categorization? For example SMGs felt extremely weak and punches uber strong? I don't want all weapon types to be equally potent, just some felt really off imo.
Also the approach in Energy Weapons had an interesting concept behing it but it kinda ruined the immerzun factor when you actually removed any armor whatsoever when you met enemies equipping them.
Especially found it awkward when my characters were wearing Power Armors and stuff and thus were more vulnerable against Energy Weapons. I mean why did people even invent Power Armors if they're not better against EWs??

4too

Arcane
When Too The Same, Interest Wanes?

@ Jimmious

Predominance of BRAWLING might be some WL1 homage.

Was a happy surprise how handy a sledge and a crow bar were in WL1 when out of ammo in the mines, surrounded by death claws …

WL2: Got very attached to flinging dynamite / pipe bombs at high hit point melee rushers …. that a bad thing?

Light muscled snipers seemed better off against close quarter attack with a bursting SMG than the variety of flustered long guns. Sort of real.

As for weapons performance, I’m not saying something wrong, I’m saying it’s not what I expected, and try to roll with it.

BUT. Fact be known. :oops: Looks like I voted ‘with my feet’, AWOL from WL2, side tracked by FOT Redux mod. (Sneak and snipe. Doc and Driver with shotguns clean house …)

If that implies something wrong can only trust that the critique by passionately evocative game veterans will brow beat for gameplay enhancing logic / balance.

Last year was the WW1 centennial, expect maybe a homage to mechanized meat grinders.

Perhaps new spin will geometrically increase save scumming when an opponent’s heavy MG does not jam and busts every water bag in range like a proverbial …. sauasage.

Might morph the high noon stand tall gun play into a shoot and scoot, cover hugger! :D

4too

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Hm yes, I get what you're saying, a game's mechanics are what they are and we've to live with them even if they don't feel "logical" at times.
And I agree with that, just at times it seemed that some builds were doomed to fail just because a specific weapon category was badly implemented(aka SMG).
Trust me I enjoyed WL2 to a point(never actually finished though, got tired in LA and decided to wait for the EE now) and I've been in the WL2 forums for some time debating about these stuff.

Truth be told, there is a balance pass coming, they've announced that, so I'm just saying what I would like to see....passed :)

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Even though some builds were better than others you could still use SMG builds for example, with three other squad members and cnpcs those party members end up succeeding quite well in the end.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
If I got correctly sears comments in the WL2 forums, they will more likely balance out the encounters so that you wont meet purely energy weapons enemies or the opposite, in the endgame, thus making it kinda harder to just remove your heavy armour to counter EWs

4too

Arcane
Weird !SCIENCE!

Water Sports and Bad Taste Humor Arraign Potential ‘Diffidence’

Was perusing preventative maintenance literature, lightning protection systems.

Annual checks on continuity to ground-ground vaguely hand waved about meg ohm testers.

Short answer, embraced water retention of the soil. How wet the rod.

In a radioactive irradiated desert where any puddle is benighted an oasis,

would exploiting the less hygienic of potable byproducts be a (bad taste) act of self preservation.

Arc flash tutorials, plasma effects are vaporized conductor fire balls, different then death by electric shock.

Electric shock ‘potential’ might be diminished by proactive piddling saline enhanced fluids on a handy de-facto ground rod.

BUT can the arc flash plasma burn be dampened by diminished potential difference?

Anti tank HEAT munitions exploit a hypersonic stream of plasma, spawling metal armor adds to the death effect.

Initiating the plasma too soon, collide at post peak effectiveness, and deflecting the the stream path, hottest point no contact, hits become near misses.

A particle cloud, an enhanced steam effect, with a dynamic increase of resistance in opposition to charged streams of plasma might stand in for armor layering.

Mumble here, short range nuclear forces …

Wise guy power armor patch: Johnson Glow Coat Tesla Armor becomes a weather sealed broadcasting antenna, perpetuating a short range particle field boldly grounded in wet soil! ;)

WHAT narrative impact, how low will you go, the comedic choice and consequences , ‘watering’ your ‘red boots’ on this scissors, paper, rock quest for a pow-ah ah-moar band-ade :o

4too

ArchAngel

Arcane
If I got correctly sears comments in the WL2 forums, they will more likely balance out the encounters so that you wont meet purely energy weapons enemies or the opposite, in the endgame, thus making it kinda harder to just remove your heavy armour to counter EWs
Also they are finally implementing visuals for armor so removing the cool power armor is going to be noticed now and make your character less cool :D

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Also they are finally implementing visuals for armor so removing the cool power armor is going to be noticed now and make your character less cool :D
Hahaha indeed so, indeed so

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Poster made out of backer names:

11351303_873658939350037_4384059449024858473_n.jpg
18895_873658942683370_599728197960795947_n.jpg

Find your name here: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/poster

Last edited:

Zeronet

Learned
Can't find mine, oh well.

The coolness of the armor was seriously reduced by the fact random vendors sold it and it was a quest reward from some minor NPC in another case. Just felt like a bunch of stats to me.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
There should/could be some gameplay available, after all the release date is (theoretically) not that far away..

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hello backer,

We're contacting you to inform you that our Wasteland 2 DRM-free discs that you requested are now ready for shipping

A few notes on the Wasteland 2 DRM-free disc:
  1. The disc contains Wasteland 2 patch 6. No updating is required to play!
  2. Thanks to some wizardry by one of our developers, the installer will work on Windows, Mac and Linux - they all use the same disc.
  3. We will be releasing Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition later this year. At this time we do not have plans to roll out an update for the DRM-free disc; you can still get the upgrade from Steam or GOG.com upon its release.
  4. We have very limited quantity of these discs. Once they're shipped out, they're gone. Thus, it may not be possible for us to cover replacements or additional requests.
Fuck you, ineptile.

Though that Wizardry is impressive. PoE had to ship on three discs for each OS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom