Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FFV 4 job fiesta

kain611

Augur
In anticipation of this summer's FFV 4jf I am trying to refresh my memory of the game with my own solo run before June 16th when the real thing starts off. If anyone would like to give me the jobs I will be using it would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the natural run so that means Bartz gets the Wind Crystal Job. Lenna gets the Water crystal. Faris gets the Fire and Galuf gets the earth crystal job. Please someone reply with what my jobs should be.

Thanks in advance.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Pretty sure you're supposed to use a random generator on their website for this shit.

Good luck, some combinations can be utter balls. And some classes are just shit for natural runs, like Berserker or Tamer (or anything on the bottom row, really.) I tried doing a run last year for shits and giggles but ended up getting bored and quitting when I got my 3rd job. I had thief, and then I think berserker or mystic knight, and then geomancer or something equally crappy. I wouldn't have minded having a bad team per se, but I had an incredibly boring one where all I could do was auto attack each turn with really shitty abilities to boot. I'd recommend doing a 750 run (or was it no 750? I forget which was which) where you get all magic users. That way you're pretty much guaranteed to have something interesting to do during boss fights.

kain611

Augur
Yeah thinking of doing one like the classic Final Fantasy run and used a random d6 generator and came up with a party of 2 red mages, 1 white mage and a black mage. Thinking of doing that or of the least common team last year. That team was Blue Mage, Dragoon, Time Mage, and Beastmaster.

Damned Registrations

The original wasn't exactly anything to write home about. Basically just a test of how much you're willing to grind. Bolt swords wreck him, and various class/ability combinations in general simply become insanely overpowered. Ruby and Emerald were far more interesting, if you didn't abuse the all 7's trick.

kain611

Augur
So I'm all registered for this. Anyone else on here doing the Four Job Fiesta?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Sounds like a great idea, though it also sounds like hell. The Wind Crystal has most of the staple classes of the series and getting Thief would be like a huge kick in the balls.

EDIT: Okay, maybe it's not that hellish. My memory is a little false, I thought the Earth Crystal was nothing but completely useless classes.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Thief isn't the worst honestly, it at least lets you flee from battles (very useful in FF5.) Monks are awful though, probably worse than berserkers unless you're on a natural run.

Orion

Cipher
Thief isn't the worst honestly, it at least lets you flee from battles (very useful in FF5.) Monks are awful though, probably worse than berserkers unless you're on a natural run.

I thought Monks were pretty good. They have the highest Strength and Vitality stats and the Counter passive is nice to have. In the early game, if you equip the Brawl passive you'll be able to do lots of auto-attack damage with any job without requiring weapons.

Damned Registrations

Think about the opportunity cost though: all the other classes are better, and offer something really useful. Knights get really good defense (which is actually useful in FF5, unlike some other FF games) and pretty powerful attacks (which, again, actually matters because enemy defense works the same way, often weak characters can't even hurt an enemy.) Thieves get flee as I already mentioned (and one of their skills gives a major speed boost, which is a godsend on certain classes), and the magic users are all god tier pretty much. There are much better abilities to mix between classes than Brawl no matter what you're trying to do. Brawl really only gets decent late game with a particular accessory.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
When I played this as a kid I made a big list of the rare and normal steals and drops of every enemy. And it was good.

But I vaguely remember that, with some very rare exceptions, stealing wasn't worth it. Blue magic, on the other hand...

Damned Registrations

Well, not in a normal game. If you're in a restricted game suddenly stealing shit starts to look pretty attractive at times. But you could just use a thief dagger for that in a pinch.

Blue magic is fantastic... eventually. Giant pain in the ass though. But in a 4 job game any magic at all is a godsend.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What are the rules of that?

Edit: found them, thank you

Last edited:

Orion

Cipher
Bumping this since the fiesta has started.

Anyone else participating? So far I have a normal run going with Knight, Time Mage and Ranger. I've been cheesing the boss fights with rods on my Time Mages but the lack of healing is starting to hurt. FFV is such an interesting game though... the boss fights can be really challenging if you don't grind for them.

Damned Registrations

Seems like you got a really solid team. Lack of healing is annoying but you can always fall back on items, and critters should help as well. Knight is probably the best melee class thanks to two hand skill and good weapons. Time Mage is clearly awesome. I forget, can they use staves as well as rods? You could use the healing staff possibly, though he's prolly got better shit to do during a boss fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom