Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Ultra

Educated
My OCd 6950 is actually running the game, at 30 fps on medium (sort of, lots of low too) settings. It's basically on fire and sounds like a jet engine but it is doing it. what a card.
Apparently the inventory screen crashes are related to OCd GPUs (or so I read) had a couple myself but not enough to be a problem.

MasPingon

Arcane
This. OMG fucking this. This is consolitis far beyond the call of duty. Not even AssCreed had a pre-explored map. Jesus fucking wept.

Fear not! I also hated it so I turned the poi markers off. You can do in hud options. It feels much better now.

Btw playing this on i5 760, 6 gb ram and gtx760 on high/ultra settings with constant 40 fps.

Starwars

Arcane
So I know my computer is below even min specs, but do you guys think it would be able to run the game at low even so?

GTS450
i-3 540@3.07ghz

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So I know my computer is below even min specs, but do you guys think it would be able to run the game at low even so?

GTS450
i-3 540@3.07ghz
Who knows, people are managing to run it on toasters so everything is possible.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Is there an option to only show markers for stuff you discovered yourself, or is it just ALL ON/ALL OFF?
The map does show the locations you've discovered.

Just saw the NPC routines in action, as a woman who was supposedly lying on her death bed, dying of horrible wounds, suddenly rose up and went outside for a walk.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Two more gripes - the FOV is making my brain cry.

And how in the hell do you toggle between walking/running outside? The loot prompts are finnicky as fuck and I constantly rush over them.

Fear not! I also hated it so I turned the poi markers off. You can do in hud options. It feels much better now.
Is there an option to only show markers for stuff you discovered yourself, or is it just ALL ON/ALL OFF?

You can turn off the pre-explored markers. Stuff you've actually discovered stays.

Apexeon

Arcane
The game runs like shit on my GTX980 and looks like poop,what the fuck happened?

Fuck CDprojekt in the ass with a baseball bat,motherfucking potato eating cunts...

The 3D immersion engine strikes again. They just shovelled in as much eye candy (100 slave coders and artists on minimum wages) they could, hyped up the fed-X quest crap and people line up.
As for optimization nah **** that eat some loading screens.

God bless the useless game media for hyping up this game for months.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Truly a bad time for vidya games if shit like w3 is tauted the best AAA title. If we had 90's quality games today it would be average at best.

Runs acceptably on my i5-2320 (which is actually slightly below minimum specs), 8GB RAM and a GTX 760 2GB. Graphics settings all High except Ultra textures and hairworks nonsense off, most of the post processing shit is off except AA, sharpening and sun shafts on, resolution 1680x1050. Framerate always stays in 30-40 range, not ideal but ok for this kind of game. And by the way, game does not seem to have anisotropic filtering, at least not on my High settings, so I strongly recommend forcing it from graphics card panel.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
hahaha the PC version is horrible.It has shipped WITHOUT an FOV (field of view) slider. What this means is we are locked with a narrow, zoomed in camera that is so close it's suffocating.

Does it trigger you? Do you feel oppressed?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Movement keys cannot be reconfigured.
The configuration files don't appear to be modifiable either. PC master race.

Kiste

Augur
So, is it better than PoE? :troll:

No.

Except for Ciri.
erection.gif

hivemind

I hope the FOV slider gets patched in before I buy it in June.

Can't you change the FOV through some text files or something?

flushfire

Augur
Lol just out of curiosity I took out my measly GTX750 to test if this is playable on just the A8-7600's IGP. 30 FPS at low 720p. Not too bad. Resolution options in-game are kind of limited for some reason, but changing the configuration file worked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom