Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

flushfire

Augur
the game looks pretty good. I haven't watched any streams or anything but from the little glimpse I've had I'm more worried about the difficulty thus the importance of the alchemy and spells. I gotta check the requirements to see if I can try to play it.
guys I dont understand shit about the requirements, it's all like XENON ABYTHRON 3,6 GHz quadro core..

Can my PC run this shit?

Inter Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2,40 GHz 2,4GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GT

I don't even understand what that CPU shit means, like is it 2 processors or a processor with 2 cores or what the fuck
It means your computer is antiquated. Time for a new one. That GPU ain't running anything modern these days at over 5 fps on low settings.
huh but it played TW2 just fine....all the new rpgs also totally fine on nice settings
Baloney. I'm presuming you have, at most, 512 VRAM.
A Pentium G620 and GT 730 (which is just a little better than an 8800 GT) can run Witcher 2 just fine on 720p. 40 FPS average if I remember correctly, which is not too bad. Playing TW2 on that setup isn't really far-fetched.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
from toms hardware, min spec encircled

zof3ph.jpg

with my mighty gtx760 im only one step above min spec, so probably have to play with all/most nice options OFF

(my game library doesnt include many "demanding" games, but upto now i could run anything on this vid card)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

zof3ph.jpg

with my mighty gtx760 im only one step above min spec, so probably have to play with all/most nice options OFF

(my game library doesnt include many "demanding" games, but upto now i could run anything on this vid card)
I'm also in with my R9 270. Yay.

Cadmus

Arcane
the game looks pretty good. I haven't watched any streams or anything but from the little glimpse I've had I'm more worried about the difficulty thus the importance of the alchemy and spells. I gotta check the requirements to see if I can try to play it.
guys I dont understand shit about the requirements, it's all like XENON ABYTHRON 3,6 GHz quadro core..

Can my PC run this shit?

Inter Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2,40 GHz 2,4GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GT

I don't even understand what that CPU shit means, like is it 2 processors or a processor with 2 cores or what the fuck
It means your computer is antiquated. Time for a new one. That GPU ain't running anything modern these days at over 5 fps on low settings.
huh but it played TW2 just fine....all the new rpgs also totally fine on nice settings
Baloney. I'm presuming you have, at most, 512 VRAM.
A Pentium G620 and GT 730 (which is just a little better than an 8800 GT) can run Witcher 2 just fine on 720p. 40 FPS average if I remember correctly, which is not too bad. Playing TW2 on that setup isn't really far-fetched.
it ran perfectly fine while looking good, strangely the dark edition seemed to have fucked up the performance somehow.
Anyway, guess I'll just wait a few years to play TW3 then. Or I'll try on my gfs PC cuz it's a bit better.

Gerrard

Arcane
If this shit is going to have these retarded minimum requirements with such shit graphics I'm returning the box after redeeming the GoG code.
:troll:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If this shit is going to have these retarded minimum requirements with such shit graphics I'm returning the box after redeeming the GoG code.
:troll:

minimum specs will run even worse graphics than consoles, consoles are running probably medium PC settings.

hivemind

Did they say if having imported saves is going to change a reasonable amount of things in the world?

Doktor Best

Arcane
Fuck i dont want to buy a new graphics card... but i wanna play this game. maybe my 6950 can pull off lowest settings with some oc.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Did they say if having imported saves is going to change a reasonable amount of things in the world?

It doesn't matter what they said (if they did), I could have answered that question for you the moment Witcher 3 was announced.

The answer is no, obviously.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Kwans technicaly do not exist,they are just angry euros that escaped 200 years ago, maybe they just want to destroy europe now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, the original Witcher had a darkie Zerrikanian sorcerer. I think the game implies that Geralt's bombs aren't actually very Witchery but rather a Zerrikanian import. Multiculturalism at work!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well, the original Witcher had a darkie Zerrikanian sorcerer. I think the game implies that Geralt's bombs aren't actually very Witchery but rather a Zerrikanian import. Multiculturalism at work!

Only one or two of these bombs were Zerrikanian. And, truth be told, with Novigrad being the largest port city in the known world, CDPR could have just placed a ship from Zerrikania and one from Zangwebar (the place zebras live...) with appropriate crews and be done with it.

MoonlitKnight

Educated

zof3ph.jpg

I shouldn't even try with my GTX 560 ti right?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Only one or two of these bombs were Zerrikanian. And, truth be told, with Novigrad being the largest port city in the known world, CDPR could have just placed a ship from Zerrikania and one from Zangwebar (the place zebras live...) with appropriate crews and be done with it.

This would've been an easy solution, yes. Vávra means well, but he's wrong when he says "none". There of course were some glorious PoC in Europe, a very small minority of travellers, traders and a few settled ones too. (especially various Turkic people) That said, the Witcherverse is not Europe and we know where there are dark skinned people in that world. It's really a shouting match by ill-informed people.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why do you need to preload if you have a physical copy? Are CDs just tokens these days, with no actual game data stored on them?
I don't know about him, but I have no drive to put said discs into.
I have a USB DVD drive that I use to access my older games. But I would prefer to preload the digital version and just patch it on day one rather than juggle DVDs (I am sure there will be more than one). It would be faster too, since my internet connection is decent.

Earlier access to digital goodies like the soundtrack is meaningful for me too.

But I wanted to have the physical copy to complete my shelf collection, so I guess choice&consequence.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This would've been an easy solution, yes. Vávra means well, but he's wrong when he says "none". There of course were some glorious PoC in Europe, a very small minority of travellers, traders and a few settled ones too. (especially various Turkic people) That said, the Witcherverse is not Europe and we know where there are dark skinned people in that world. It's really a shouting match by ill-informed people.

I bet those Turkic peoples looked like Ramzan Kadyrov though

made

Arcane

They can still rectify that oversight with D1 Nigger DLC.
wjuStXf.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom