Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Mighty No. 9 - It's better than nothing.

Avellion

Erudite
Demo is out for backers, and the visuals is why I prefer sprite based graphics for 2D games.

set

Cipher
It lacks the same charm, but a those conveyor belt sections looked a little tricky, at least.

Caim

Arcane
Beck's movements are swaying as fuck, the points system seems rather out of place, the temporary bonuses you sometimes get are a bit confusing and it's not immediately clear what they do upon picking up, health drops seem to be quite rare and I'm still trying to figure out how you get certain percentages of points from the pickups enemies leave behind.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
#GamerGate

Dina the sjw at work again. Banning people for even mentioning GamerGate.

It's sad that the sjw's are infiltrating the japanese market.

http://twitter.com/FortesSnC/status/513488629264416768

@MightyNo9... wait, what? I'm blocked from following a project I pledged $300 to because I support #Gamergate? Gneiss

ByBHKo2CIAEidUA.png:large

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Horrendous! I wouldn't have backed this project had I known this would have happened.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They won't sack her, she's the girlfriend of the project leader.

Your only option is to request a refund and hope they give it back to you.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Absolutely :decline:

Does anyone knows what kind of butthurt this has caused in actual backers forum? Surely there must be somekind of reaction.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Everyone who backed this deserves this unending shit-circus. Even slightly reading between the lines would give away that Inafune is a hack.

Luka-boy

Arcane
In recent news:

Comcast asked for 200K dollars to fund voice acting (both Japanese and English) as a post-Kickstarter stretch goal. They barely made it to 100K, so they decided to cut the requested amount in half and let backers decide which language will be used. After 20K votes from backers English won by a difference of less than 1K votes. I imagine that small margin in the results means they let down almost half of the active community, which is always fun.

Now they're asking for 190K dollars for another stretch goal that much be reached in the next two months. A "potential DLC" they will release a few months after launch that backers will get for free. I imagine it counts as free unless they pledged for this goal. The DLC will feature a new level with a secret boss, Mighty No. Zero 0 AKA Ray, the "vampire-robot that survives by feeding off of other robots".

Also, they sure are casual about guilt-tripping potential pledgers:
"From here on out, it’s all up to our slacker backers: will we sell enough games and rewards to “catch some Ray(s),” or will it be “a shame about Ray”?"

Felix

Arcane
In recent news:

Comcast asked for 200K dollars to fund voice acting (both Japanese and English) as a post-Kickstarter stretch goal. They barely made it to 100K, so they decided to cut the requested amount in half and let backers decide which language will be used. After 20K votes from backers English won by a difference of less than 1K votes. I imagine that small margin in the results means they let down almost half of the active community, which is always fun.

Now they're asking for 190K dollars for another stretch goal that much be reached in the next two months. A "potential DLC" they will release a few months after launch that backers will get for free. I imagine it counts as free unless they pledged for this goal. The DLC will feature a new level with a secret boss, Mighty No. Zero 0 AKA Ray, the "vampire-robot that survives by feeding off of other robots".

"From here on out, it’s all up to our slacker backers: will we sell enough games and rewards to “catch some Ray(s),” or will it be “a shame about Ray”?"

hqdefault.jpg

Original indeed

Tehdagah

Arcane
"Creator Keiji Inafune clears up any confusion caused by newly hired community moderate Dina, who plans on turning the game into an education title about brainwashing young men into being subservient to women."

This is what feminists want, though.

image.png

Lol.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
In recent news:

hqdefault.jpg

Original indeed

Actually he reminds me of Bass from MMBN had the cape and took the powers of the final bosses using the copy power megaman had in the original series.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Mighty No. 9 has been Deep Silvered: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1213603

Big News for Mighty No. 9!!

Big news, Mighties,

OK Beckers -- we’ve been working on something big for awhile now, and finally, today, we can let the cat out of the bag (this news will be everywhere soon, but we’re telling you first!):Comcept is teaming up with publisher Deep Silver to release Mighty No. 9 this September!!

Why are we so excited about this? Why should you even care?? Wait, is that a DELAY on the release date?!??11

First of all, yes, it is a delay from our original Spring estimate (which, from reading the comments lately, might not come as a surprise to many of you, given we’re in late April already...) But before you despair, please, hear us out first! The reason for the delay, and the reason we are so excited about this new partnership in the first place, is all the cool stuff it will allow us to add to the game (content that all Backers will get absolutely FREE): Added Japanese (yes!) and French voiceovers (in addition to English), FREE for all backers! Extra subtitle languages (Spanish! French! Italian! German! Russian! Polish! Brazilian Portuguese!) FREE for all backers! And best of all: the entire Ray DLC set -- an entire extra level and boss (and playable character) -- FREE for ALL backers!

And that’s just the big bullet points -- this deal also allows us more time and resources for testing, polish, and the creation of physical retail versions (on some systems), and -- very importantly -- won’t affect absolutely any of our Kickstarter plans or rewards. In short, it will make for an even Mightier No. 9, for backers, for us, and for all our fans, worldwide!

We know this is a lot to take in all at once, and we know anytime a Kickstarter ends up with an outside partner some people will be skeptical, so we’ve prepared a short FAQ that goes into a bit more detail about the hows and whys. See if it answers any questions or concerns you have, and if it doesn’t, let us know!

inb4 bad translations, delayed physical edition shipments

set

Cipher
Seems like a tactical delay. Like, they knew they needed to delay and had to spin doctor it.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ah ha ha ha! How does Deep Silver keep getting contracts? They can't do anything right.

I still haven't gotten my WL2 physical rewards.

Say what you will about Paradox/Obsidian, they got my rewards to me days after release.

Caim

Arcane
Eh. I am a BIG fan of the Mega Man Classic series. but this looks more like Mega Man Zero meets Classic to me.

Also, lol preorder bonuses.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh. I am a BIG fan of the Mega Man Classic series. but this looks more like Mega Man Zero meets Classic to me.

Also, lol preorder bonuses.

How? It looks like Mega Man Classic brought to the arcades to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom