Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Warhammer, Cinematic Announcement Trailer

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Creative Assembly; Total War; Total War: Warhammer

What must be the most pitched idea in computer game history has now been Officially Announced with a Cinematic Announcement Trailer.

Our rules have changed, and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles. All at YOUR command.

In the turn-based campaign game of statecraft & empire building, you will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.​

Because the game features only four races – Empire, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Undead, fans of Warhammer are already raging hard as only scorned fanboys can. No gameplay footage released yet. Of course not.

corvus

Arcane
Because the game features only four races – Empire, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Undead, fans of Warhammer are already raging hard as only scorned fanboys can.

"No skaven, no buy" shall be our battle cry!

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Because the game features only four races – Empire, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Undead, fans of Warhammer are already raging hard as only scorned fanboys can.

maxresdefault.jpg

A horse of course

you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.

Sounds like the game is confirmed to be set in The End Times (unless the rumours about the next edition being set in "bubbles of reality" from various points in time are true).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Tags: Creative Assembly; Total War; Total War: Warhammer

What must be the most pitched idea in computer game history has now been Officially Announced with a Cinematic Announcement Trailer.

Our rules have changed, and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles. All at YOUR command.

In the turn-based campaign game of statecraft & empire building, you will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.​

Because the game features only four races – Empire, Greenskins, Dwarfs and Undead, fans of Warhammer are already raging hard as only scorned fanboys can. No gameplay footage released yet. Of course not.

ONLY four factions? HOW DID THEY?

And I'm not a fanboy. Proper warhammer can only be made when you properly make economy, and the whole screwed up political system. Definitely not something like Rome 2.3.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
After having read the End Time information, I am not sure what the hell GW is trying to do with WHF now.

It also seems like GW is investing in a lot of smaller scale games .

waywardOne

Arcane
Well, it could be amazing. I'm trying to tone back my cynicism because I seem to be happier by not caring about the outcome.

Source: Blood Angel, Tyranid, Skaven, and High Elf player

Fangshi

Arcane
I think I read somewhere that they want this to be a trilogy.

Yeah here we go, fifth paragraph:

The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever.

http://www.creative-assembly.com/news/150422/total-wartm-warhammerr-announced

So maybe only four races per game?

That would cover most of them, with abundant DLC too, of course, to cover the ones that don't make the cut. They are really going to milk this for all its worth.

Though you would hope that if they are only going with four factions that they will take the time to make them all feel very different in and out of combat.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well, they did say this so far:

(Taken from the tabletop gaming site Beasts of War since I can't readily find the original anywhere)

Will all of the races be given their own faction? If they are will they be released at once or through successive content packs and expansions?

In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character, who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race. We’re planning full game follow-ups, DLC content packs and Free-LC to follow the main release.

You mentioned there will be a trilogy of games – does this mean we’re going to see a storyline/narrative develop within the ‘Grand Campaign’ of Total War: Warhammer?

Future installments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II).

They seem to use the terms race and faction interchangeably. Not sure if they just mean default, playable factions (and the others could be unlocked through modding) or if they mean that there are only four in total, it seems to be a bit of a mystery at the moment.

It does sound like each race only has a single leader character though.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Future installments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II).
This is like that thing Blizzard was talking about.

A horse of course

Thanks for the upload, Zed.

Now I'm going to kill you for stealing the brofists.

And holy fuck, only four races?

Those of you complaining about only 4 factions on release - rumours for the next tabletop edition point at two factions (Order and Kaos) :troll:

Gicusan

Educated
There will be no modding (CA on TW center forums) so this is mostly uninteresting. TW game without mods goes stale after 2 weeks tops.

Zeriel

Arcane
It's Total War. How could it possibly be good?

Warhammer is sweet, but any Total War game is by definition a rollicking dumpster fire of a game.

Parsifarka

Arcane
I wanted holy bloody virgin überwomen fanatically killing pussy eldars with fire and dying in my name dressed up in scary and sexy armors, not this generic shit.
Anyways, I wouldn't buy anything from Creative Assembly until they've released the mandatory 213837 dlcs and bundled them for 5€.

A horse of course

There will be no modding (CA on TW center forums) so this is mostly uninteresting. TW game without mods goes stale after 2 weeks tops.

Interest just folded like a pack of cards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom