Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Multi-headed Cow

What in god's name emperor dorf.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Men. This adventure just went from unplayable bad to legitimately game-warping power creep bullshit in a matter of one afternoon of reveals lol.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Demonwrath seems pretty fucking nutso for warlock

Revenge is surprisingly meh all things considered.

UglyBastard

Arcane
The Ragnaros dude is unfortunately pretty bad IMO, but he's good for a laugh. Playing this into actual Ragnaros could be hilarious at well.

But yeah, 8 life. I can already see it:
You are playing on the ladder, having fun, being Ragnaros and all... and out comes the Wolfrider. "Greetings, traveler!" It just dies to everything.
Too bad you can't BGH face, that would be amusing.

Huntard cards mechanic is pretty much useless except as a topdeck. You are usually holding reactive cards like Unleash and Owl even in Face Hunter. The spell is good alright anyway, basically a Darkbomb with the upside of cycling when topdecked. Will probably see play in both Face and Midrange Hunter.

I don't like the Dragon Whelp. Zombie Chows downside is basically nonexistent in Priest with the possibility of nuking face. It's only good on turn 1 and you have to have another dragon in your starting hand besides it for it to be any good. Playing Chow over this all day every day.
The resurrection thing is cute and potentially abusable, but I'm not feeling it. Too random.

Druid cards are OK but nothing special. I like the Druid of the Flame.
Taunt tree pretty meh, I'd rather play AoW. Good budget alternative though.

Gang up is potentially good in the right deck. Rogue draws the whole deck anyway, so you are pretty much guaranteed to get the target. I can see ganging potentially abusable stuff like Coldlight or just getting value. Not writing this off yet. Reminds me about Duplicate, which was received rather badly at first as well but turned out to be really good.

Demon Wrath is a cute Hellfire variant, but 2 damage is a bit low. I think Hellfire is still better.

Warrior card sux. Whirlwind > this.

Paladin draw stuff is alright, some lists play 1x Acolyte of Pain, this could replace that. Not a bard card but nothing to be hyped about. Will probably see some constructed play.
The 5/5 dragon dude is quite good IF dragons prove to be a thing.

I don't see Chromaggus being THAT good. At least it's not BGH'able, but it is VERY slow. Vanilla 6/8 for 8 is obviously terrible (not as terrible as 7/8 though) and you will usually only get value if it survives a turn (without any already set up combos, but this is probably not the usual case). I don't think that it will make a great impact in constructed. But it could be worth tinkering around with it a bit.

Last edited:

Multi-headed Cow

I can see ganging potentially abusable stuff like Coldlight
I'm still sad the massive overflow of sticky minions and power creeped burst means mill is pretty much useless. Strangely enough it was strongest before Nax since you typically were against control or zoo, and with zoo having less sticky shit and no eggs you could stabilize with a decent bladeflurry. Doesn't even really work against control now either since they'll still be playing belchers and Loatheb and crap or be playing druid and burst you with 50 points of face damage in a turn.

One day it'll git gud. One day.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Ragnaros card does look fun. Bad, but fun. Basically a shittier neutral Jaraxxus. Unfortunately the one kind of deck where I could see it being slightly decent (Stall mage) wouldn't really benefit from it since it triggers via deathrattle and by the time you get to 9 mana or whatever the fuck it costs your opponent will probably have a silence at hand. Not to mention even with ice block trying to save your 8 life ass you'd still get knocked over by just about anything.

Also makes me wish the wailing specter card silenced ALL minions. We've had these hideous leaps in power with every new pile of cards and we're still relying on fucking owl to silence shit. Where's my perfectly balanced 1 mana "Silence every card in your opponent's entire deck" card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Everything pretty lackluster. The Majordomo Executus one = wtf? Like we needed a class wide shitty version of Jarraxus? Emperor is good but... eh... as I predicted... maybe half a dozen worthwhile cards and the rest filler/too gimmicky.

UglyBastard

Arcane
FUN times on ladder!

0KD6e1F.jpg

I even stabilized and got board control only to get wombo comboed turn 9.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Phage

Free Pack for Spectating

A new achievement has been added which rewards you with a classic card pack for watching a friend win a game.

• Watch and Learn!
    • Watch a friend win in spectator mode
    • Reward: Expert Card Pack

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Free Pack for Spectating

A new achievement has been added which rewards you with a classic card pack for watching a friend win a game.

• Watch and Learn!
    • Watch a friend win in spectator mode
    • Reward: Expert Card Pack

:rage:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Such generosity
It's a bit of an inside joke. He hates it when I watch him play. Of course, he's been offline for over a week now. Either he's playing Bloodborne or he's trying to mask his Hearthstone play. I WANT MY FREE PACK!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Such generosity
It's a bit of an inside joke. He hates it when I watch him play. Of course, he's been offline for over a week now. Either he's playing Bloodborne or he's trying to mask his Hearthstone play. I WANT MY FREE PACK!

I don't hate it, it's just that when you watch my literal winstreaks always come to a crashing halt. and yes, I can't stop bleeding everywhere all over newborns.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Seems like Phage dodged the bullet, at least for now.

It's only another potential daily quest that is now in the quest table, not an achievement like initially reported.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Seems like Phage dodged the bullet, at least for now.

It's only another potential daily quest that is now in the quest table, not an achievement like initially reported.
Odd they'd give you a pack for a daily but I guess it's super rare. And it's arguably worse for phage since I can get it more than once.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I was referring to the cheapos at Blizzard trying to milk this p2w game, and only giving us a free pack once a year.

Though your post did shed some light in Phage's reaction. I initially assumed he had no friends in HS, hence the rage.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Odd they'd give you a pack for a daily but I guess it's super rare. And it's arguably worse for phage since I can get it more than once.

It's probably as rare as any other quest. Afaik each single quest has the exact same chance to show up, there are just lots of 40g quests and only one 100g. So you basically now have double the chance for a 100g quest, just one in pack form.

It's still pretty rare though, so Phage has at least some time to mentally prepare for the horrible things to come.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I do know that it's impossible to get the same quest more than once a week/reset cycle. Back when you could infinitely reset quests (until you got the good ones) I could never get the 100 gold one to come up more than once a week. Same with any other 60 or 40 one I had already completed.

Still deliberating BRM. They've dispersed the good cards throughout so you can't cherry pick the wings. Although at least Emperor is in the first wing. Will still wait and see. It's essentially a $25 charge per year to play the game which isn't bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom