Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The great smiley reform act of 2013

Codex is an ok place, but Jim the Dinosaur is an extremely crappy poster, right?

• Yes

Votes: 105 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • KC

Votes: 149 48.7%

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How about this one:

Potato.gif

:propaganda:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a lot of posts that I brofist because they make a good point, are very eloquent, or just plain smart. But often they have some sad implications, about for example, the decline. SO I made this:

sad%20brofist_zpsq3eoztnf.png

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
If you have epilepsy or have had seizures or other unusual reactions to flashing lights or patterns, YOU ARE AN INFERIOR SPECIMEN FIT ONLY TO BE SLAUGHTERED

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hitler with glowsticks?

What the fuck...
The power of art is sometimes found in the opposing juxtaposition of different imagery placed side by side. Artists place the delicate with the blunt, juxtapose complex with simple, mingle joyful and sad, or good with evil. Placing two concepts, characters, ideas, or places near or next to each other allows the viewer to compare and contrast them. The word juxtaposition comes from the Latin for “side by side” with “position,” originally a French word that became standardized into English. In grammar, the use of juxtaposition is the absence of conjunctions when grouping words in a list, such as omitting the “but” or “and.” In an artist’s work, the tension between dark and light offers a brilliant juxtaposition, contrasting color and shade.

A glow stick is a small, self-contained, short-term light-source. It consists of a translucent plastic tube containing isolated substances that, when combined, make light through chemiluminescence, so it does not require an external energy source. The light cannot be turned off, and can be used only once. Glow sticks are often used for recreation, but may also be relied upon for light during military, police, fire, or EMS operations.

If you’re like me, you probably know where the glow sticks are in Wal-Mart’s camping section—or maybe you've gotten looks pulling into a gas station at 3AM to buy a dozen. Of course, glow sticks have plenty of uses outside of the untz untz lifestyle, including as non-electric light sources for underwater divers and visual warnings to motorists on highways. As prevalent as they are in popular culture though, how much do we really know about these radioactive-looking bundles of joy? As it turns out, absolutely nothing.

There are many people listed on different patents for “light stick" devices and their derivatives, but all of them base their designs off the findings of Dr. Edwin Chandross. When the eighty-something scientist called me back the next day, I asked him if he had seen his chemiluminescent inventions out in public recently. Dr. Chandross was completely unaware that the fluorescent goop he cooked up in a laboratory in 1962 had become a staple at live music events across the globe. “Is that so?" He laughed. "Maybe my granddaughter will think I’m cool now.”

Today, the glow stick has nearly reached the status of religious symbol. Glow necklaces are no longer only sold at Party City, but are a welcomed and heavily-stocked item at gas stations, grocery stores, and even the occasional street corner.

But even some 50 years after their emergence, the question of how the glow stick reaction produces light is still not yet fully understood. Still, the basic chemistry involves the reaction of an oxalate ester mixed with hydrogen peroxide—a principle that glowfather Edwin Chandross discovered.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think Ramsay Bolton would be a regular at the Codex.

tumblr_inline_mp4dq3tt321qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_n6qccqgJW41s6znoeo1_500.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom