Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
wasnt this shit in open beta for like half a year jesus christ

Yeah, in the tiny slice of the game available to open beta testers.

But come on, this was Obsidian. We knew this would happen. Count your lucky stars that all the popamole review sites played through on Easy and were oblivious to anything they had to read outside of dialog windows.

Shevek

Arcane
Well, putting out another rushed patch may lead to even more bugs. Hopefully a proprely tested patch comes out soon though. Only Obsidian would take a nearly bug free build and patch in bugs for release day.

Duraframe300

Arcane
My favorite bug so far is the one where, if you have an enchanted piece of equipment in one of your stash tab slots, items in the same slot position in other tabs will also show the enchantment border.

Then there's the bug where, when you defeat the
Spider Queen
and take the shortcut up to the courtyard of Caed Nua, when you examine the trapdoor again it opens a blank map that you can't do anything with.

How do they not catch that sort of thing in testing? It boggles the mind.

If this beta test showed anything to us is that a lot of bugs seems to pop up during trying to fix things.

Probably one of the reasons bigger crpgs tend to have at least some bugs in them on release. Can't test everything again.

Am a bit disappointed myself at the severity of some bugs

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Thanks. Do you know what can cause this? It's unavoidable?

I will check searching for this stuff when starting the game again. I haven't noticed anything off thus far.

The devs haven't said anything on the issue yet (which was reported on early Friday, long before neoGAF and Gamespot started worring about double clicking breaking your active effects). Only fix is to keep constant track of your stats and re-edit them through the console whenever they break.

Athelas

Arcane
It's too late for that. As in, those reviewers already gave the game a 9.2 Metacritic score. :smug:
It's never too late. And in the case of gamespot their score got updated on metacritic. Shitty developers can't hide behind "it was a prerelease errything will be fine on release you'll see" to avoid the bad publicity that might rain on them later.
Pillars isn't exactly the 100-million+ dollar franchise that is Halo. Something tells me the dozens of reviewers that contributed to the 9.2 score aren't going to be revising their scores.

You'll just have to live with it. :M

Haven't encountered a single bug myself so far.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Any way to make chars visible when fighting under/behind some archway or something?

Po_Escr.jpg

I can't see shit here.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can anybody help me out?

Where the fuck is the scriptorium inside Rhaedrics keep?

Yeah, I didn't find it too because it isn't marked on the map as an exit (while the door is closed, because it has a small hallway that lead to the stairs of the scene transicion). It is at the same level where the priests are, northwest of the map.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
I still have nearly no bugs (except for all my items being greyed out even though it has no effect)

are you talking about the "sort by category" icon? it greys out items on purpose, and there's no "show all categories" button... slightly a bit irritated by this!

Renegen

Arcane
The more I play the more retarded design this game has. I encounter Forest Lurkers for the first time ever, one of my dudes gets 2 shot and dies so I try to run away (which is already shitty enough because of "no kiting"). They make it out of the battle but then because they left a bro behind, he permanently dies and fails a quest, thus I'm forced to reload. In previous IE games, everyone but 1 gets wiped, not a big deal you just res them much later and you can continue on your journey.

Here it's like you encounter someone, no running, don't leave anyone behind, if you can't win every encounter 100% of the time then reload. Fuck, this stupid design forces me to switch to normal it's so bad.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
After Engagement takes hold, you're basically playing Final Fantasy VI with the "Flee" option greyed out. Optionally, you can spend half of the copper you've earned in the last 12 hours of game time and most of the materials you've gathered thus far to make two +movement potions for each character, which you can use to successfully flee from two fights, probably. Maybe.

How long until Pillars of Eternity comes out of the closet as transturnbased?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I only encountered the bug with the blank map when exiting the cellar in caed nua.

I dont monitor the stats of my crew all that often though...i will check on the next start up.

Iirc sensuki mentioned the latest beta was pretty stable and that apparently lots of these bugs were introduced at release. Isnt that software development 101? Never ever introduce new stuff or change things in your stable release version at the moment of release? You are kinda destroying the usually long test cycle the software has gone through by doing that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Iirc sensuki mentioned the latest beta was pretty stable and that apparently lots of these bugs were introduced at release. Isnt that software development 101? Never ever introduce new stuff or change things in your stable release version at the moment of release? You are kinda destroying the usually long test cycle the software has gone through by doing that.

The backer beta was a single area of the game. By definition, they had to introduce major changes in the final version. (of course, they really had their own internal beta of the full game and we don't know how buggy that was)

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
i got to a fucking new area, saved the game, quick saved, moved forward and the game crashed. Now none of my saves work because they all crash. I'm 12 hours into the game.

Something I liked with 'Divinity: Original Sin' was the ability to have a very large rolling autosave/quicksave, up to 25 slots IIRC.:S PoE has only one quick save slot.:/

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The more I play the more retarded design this game has. I encounter Forest Lurkers for the first time ever, one of my dudes gets 2 shot and dies so I try to run away (which is already shitty enough because of "no kiting"). They make it out of the battle but then because they left a bro behind, he permanently dies and fails a quest, thus I'm forced to reload. In previous IE games, everyone but 1 gets wiped, not a big deal you just res them much later and you can continue on your journey.

Here it's like you encounter someone, no running, don't leave anyone behind, if you can't win every encounter 100% of the time then reload. Fuck, this stupid design forces me to switch to normal it's so bad.
So you expect that after you leave your dudes dying among a group of enemies, everyone should be teleported to you with full health after a rest?

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have checked all my characters' stats to see if something was off. Right now everything is ok, no stacking of stats of any kind. I'm just at the beginning of cad nua though. Definetly going to keep an eye on this. Thanks Bubbles , this is a lot more concerning for me than the double-click equip issue.

Renegen

Arcane
And here is another thing that grinds my gears, you're in a deep dungeon undersea in another dimension (hypothetical) when suddenly you pick up this awesome Grimoire off a dead necromancer, giddy you open it up and find out he has a powerful meteor spell on it, you click the button to learn it imagining your wizard painstakingly transcribing the spell from one book to another... PLEASE PAY 800 COPPER PIECES TO CONTINUE. Christ, and why are higher lvl spells more expensive to transcribe than lower level spells? I'm starting to believe Sawyer is an idiot, he may have the knack for by the number decisions but anything that requires imagination he's horrible at it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And here is another thing that grinds my gears, you're in a deep dungeon undersea in another dimension (hypothetical) when suddenly you pick up this awesome Grimoire off a dead necromancer, giddy you open it up and find out he has a powerful meteor spell on it, you click the button to learn it, imagining your wizard painstakingly transcribing the spell from one book to another... PLEASE PAY 800 COPPER PIECES TO CONTINUE. Christ, and why are higher lvl spells more expensive to transcribe than lower level spells?

Balance, Balance.

curry

Arcane
Do party NPCs use spells automatically? Is there a way to change combat AI like in Infinity Engine?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom