Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Polygons Charlie Hall got stuck in Fallout.

Severian Silk

I finished Fallout for the first time when I was 11 years old.
Fuck polygon
Crispy was a virgin when he first completed Fallout.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
These "reviewers" aka liberal arts community college rejects, don't deserve the effort to analyze nonsense they're generating.

Seeing how you guys can't pass the opportunity to feel superior, you must be pretty insecure in your identity.

A horse of course

I'm not insecure in my identity, I just need to remind everyone else that they're not me so they always have a role model to look up to.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
And here you are lording your superiority over both groups, with your intense noncaring. You're such a hardcore non-fucks giver, man.

Jesus how much effort for being baited by a worthless hack.

It's sad how in the same vein GG turned into mud-flinging with few individuals at slightest provocation, losing sight of the bigger exchange of Doritos. It could've meant anything.

At least the dog days are over and one can sustain on more than replaying classics and positive reinforcement. I really like Underrail's consistent palette.

These paragraphs are really disjointed, hmm...

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
And how do you get stuck on some basement door in FO anyway?
Can't you just blow it up or smash it in?
It's Fallout, not Wasteland.

Did you play any Fallout besides Fallout 3?
Yes. And I remember a distinct lack of interaction between weapons and doors and lack of reaction to dynamite and crowbar.
IIRC there was a single door somewhere that was designed to be blown up with C4 but I don't remember where it was.

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm sure you could blow up almost all wooden doors in Fo1 and definitely in Fo2. Unless that was added by Fixt/RP and I've played with them so long that I've forgotten what vanilla was like.

The first time I hit a dead end in a role-playing game came while playing the original Fallout. I forget where exactly, but it was after dozens of hours of play that my party ended up in the bowels of a dilapidated building somewhere in the wasteland trying to bust through a locked door.
[Perception] How can you get stuck in a game where all plot critical doors can be either be picked, blown up or bypassed? You are either a filthy commie or worse, a gaming journalist!
Inane Twitter rant followed by Delete fucking everything.

hiver

He didnt get stuck in the main quest. He just couldn't figure out any other way to open some door in some quest except by lock-picking. And that makes a degenerate fuktard like that to stop playing because the game is mean to him.

I'm sure you could blow up almost all wooden doors in Fo1 and definitely in Fo2. Unless that was added by Fixt/RP and I've played with them so long that I've forgotten what vanilla was like.

You can do it in vanilla. But it's kind of a waste of rare-ish dynamite/plastic explosives, plus it's noisy (hurr) so not useful for most places since you'd want to slink in unnoticed.

I think crowbars should work but it's bugged or something. According to the Vault Wiki it works perfectly, you just have to attack the door. Hmm. I remember trying but getting no reaction. I wonder if I did it wrong or if strength plays a role.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
For some reason, I tried to crowbar a door and it didn't work. I may have jammed the lock before trying it.

valcik

Arcane
.. According to the Vault Wiki it works perfectly, you just have to attack the door.
I think that crowbar needs to be used on door through the backpack icon in context menu (left-click on door -> choose icon -> select crowbar) in order to break open the door. That's action controlled by a script attached to the door, attack works in a different way.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

url.jpeg

Actually, that makes sense. Sort of.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout WAS hard as nails.

05ba0ebe34dd8e0bccd56404d65eeb00.jpg

Even an antisocial no skills besides hitting people with a big hammer Idiot character can finish Fallout 1 & 2. Yes you will miss most of the content but it's possible. If that was some guy and some blog i would not even write a comment. But while i hate polygon they are sadly a very big site.

People don't like being locked out of content no matter how hard the game's logic has to bend backwards to entertain them (I still remember that post about a player being butthurt over getting a QUEST FAILED: HELPING THE POWDER GANGERS prompt when he shot their leader in the back of the head. How come the game didn't give him a warning he couldn't do quests for a dead character? How inconsiderate). Restricts roleplaying freedom. :M

sad%20brofist_zpsq3eoztnf.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
When you get stuck in Fallout, you know that you are much something greater than an idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom