Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Star Citizen is gonna be PC and Console?

Never back a MMO men.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
At least PC gamers with their $10000 simpits can rest easy knowing that Star Citizen will be balanced around being playable with an XBONE controller.

I'd make some snide remark directed at Blaine, but it's almost too easy nowadays. And ED isn't exactly doing much better. Revival of space sims died before it started.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
You people are bitter as fuck (yeah, I know it is The Codex). Did you give them money?

I actually made money off this kickstarter, something like 30-40$ and still have a backer account with all the stretch goals goodies. Worst case scenario - this is a terrible piece of crap and I get few more $ from selling an Original Backer account.
:keepmyjewgold:
The spaceship selling simulation just begged to be exploited this way (they put a curb on it now though).

As for losers who put thousands in the game - let Darwin sort them out sooner or later :M

Whiran

Magister
At least PC gamers with their $10000 simpits can rest easy knowing that Star Citizen will be balanced around being playable with an XBONE controller.

I'd make some snide remark directed at Blaine, but it's almost too easy nowadays. And ED isn't exactly doing much better. Revival of space sims died before it started.
Even if Star Citizen does not make it to consoles (although I bet it will) it should have been understood that Star Citizen was meant to be played with an XBONE controller. Every single demonstration that I checked out was done using a controller. Live events were done using an XBONE controller.

This shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Even if Star Citizen does not make it to consoles (although I bet it will) it should have been understood that Star Citizen was meant to be played with an XBONE controller. Every single demonstration that I checked out was done using a controller. Live events were done using an XBONE controller.

This shouldn't be a surprise at this point.
In a strange twist of fate this would actually be an improvement on mouse supremacy for a space sim.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Designed in mind for PCs you say? Never going to get ported you say? Nevah fosfget

chris-roberts-1.jpg

Perkel

Arcane

yep this means control scheme will be downsized for all versions since you can't have 20 or 30 crucial keybinds on Pad that that has like 15 buttons at best. So no manual shield movement and all other fancy stuff.
Also this means all assets and such will need to be made with consoles in mind.
And no dumbfucks, no dev team will create separate assets for two version of game, same with features and rest.

What PC will get will be higher res textures and some one or two tech that are not on consoles basically like any other PC port of console game in last 10 years.

"I AM A PC GAME"

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Horrible, horrible move. I also wonder how they are going to handle communications in the MMO.

Luckily, i never backed this shit.

buzz

Arcane
Hey, I know this campaign is full of bullshit and scummy behavior, but he's not saying he will release the game to consoles in the article Ulminati posted. Again with the Codex and lack of research.

Read the article, he says "yeah, technically we could port the game to the consoles because it's the equivalent of a mid-level computer. But we'd rather not bother with that because developing it on PC is awesome and we can push the technology and not be afraid of stepping it down so it can work on current gen shit". Then he mentions the Crysis games and how the first one was made a PC exclusive versus the sequel which lost some of its edge for the sake of it being playable on the consoles.

It seems more like a elegant response saying they're not going to bother with it rather than announcing they will port the game for PS4 and Xbox.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
A comparisson review of X-Rebirth 4.0, Elite and no man's sky would be probably rather funny (for the readers).

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hopefully, Chris the benevlolent madman, comes to his senses and realizes most of us have paid more than enough money to have access to everything before the fps mmo portion of Star Citizen goes live.

It would actually be a sign of INSANITY if Chris would do that.
The community was keen on proving over and over again that she is uber-willing to throw tons of money at merely promised stuff.
Why would you stop milking such a cattle of suckers?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How can they be so expensive? Real question. Are they rare in some bizarre way?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
That would be a pretty hilarious outcome.

and I wouldn't be surprised, hello games got big publisher behind them putting pressure - Sony, so they have to make a game if they want to see their paycheck, unlike Chris.

Dexter

Arcane
How can they be so expensive? Real question. Are they rare in some bizarre way?
The game doesn't even exist yet and they haven't even created most of those "ships". Nobody knows what the end result will be if any. Star Citizen is imo an experiment into human stupidity and cult behavior.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom