Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Post Bugs Here

imweasel

Scotchmo has been hittin' the Squeezins again, that drunk bastard can't walk through an open door while in combat.

5wqXFCM.jpg

Rhalle

Magister
So I just upgraded from AK47 to AK97

It's pretty obvious that the 2D art for them is wrong. They should be swapped.

The AK47 2D image looks way more modern and tacticool than the AK97, which looks like, well, like a plain AK 47.

Jesus, did nobody notice that? Seriously, the fuck?

imweasel

Maybe you are the only one who noticed it because you are a very special person.

Rhalle

Magister
Maybe you are the only one who noticed it because you are a very special person.

I know, right? :smug:

icon_weapon_ak47.jpg

"AK-47"

icon_weapon_ak97.jpg

"AK-97"

Clearly the first one is supposed to be AK-97, and the second one is an AK-47.

How did nobody catch this? Did they outsource these pieces of art and so the maker wasn't there to set it right?

And nobody testing ever noticed? Jeez.

Last edited:

Jaceface

Couldn't finish 'free the penitents' quest for Maggie after putting down retribution jones' coup and freeing said penitents, as she is nowhere to be found in the bastion or the courtyard.

retamar

Educated
Since the last patch, the enemies are randomly visible on the combat mode. Anyone else?

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Just noticed a bug with starting at L.A.

This also stuffs up a bit with merchants and items not appearing.

When leaving Santa Fe Springs for the first time, you must go to Los Alamitos and Cerritos BEFORE you go to Rodia.

I decided to go to Rodia first because I wanted to get Brother Thomas ASAP and knowing the trigger (hooking up the repeater) that makes him appear at Santa Fe Springs, I quickly did half the quests at Rodia, went to Angel Oracle for the Baby Ruth in the toaster to give to O'Biggun. Toaster was NOT there at Angel Oracle. Also, I had to tell Willa (Pistol Pete's Wife) that I hadn't seen him.

I decided to continue and killed O'Biggun, Dengler et al, and then hooked up the Repeater to the Tower. I immediately went back to Santa Fe Springs and Brother Thomas was there. Yay! However, the merchants never turned up. After playing for a few hours, they still never turned up. No Pistol Pete and no merchants at Santa Fe Springs.

So that's a missing toaster at Angel Oracle and no NPC or Merchants at Santa Fe Springs.

I decided to start from a previous save and then left Santa Fe Springs for the first time, went to Los Alamitos and Cerritos FIRST and Pistol Pete and the merchants turned up before I went to Rodia. So there's definitely a certain order you have to do things otherwise quests and items go all weird.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Actually the toaster with the Baby Ruth doesn't appear at all at Angel Oracle. Strange. I recall picking it up from an old game a couple of weeks ago. Maybe this new patch has bugged it.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Got a strange bug today

Wanted to give some candy to Night Terror, but the inventory screen didn't appear for several minutes and 'Goodbye' button was not active. Tha game didn't freeze though, I could call menu and type words.

86F038F0BCD2A4C60B38A97A82B0A6926AA789C3

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Brother None , sea I've encountered 2 bugs with the latest patch so far.

1. At level 20 one of my guys didn't get the +1 attribute bonus.
2. After sweet talking Commander of the Diamondback militia to give you a charged sniper rifle, the bitch at the hideout entrance wont give you back your initial weapons, probably because she sees the weapon in your inventory, and instead asks you to give her your weapons again. You can bypass this by first dropping the rifle on the ground and then talking to her.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Still haven't figured out how to fix the main menu background disappearing when switching display settings, huh? Must be a brain twister.

Talk about Russian shovelware. :roll:

Last edited:

Mystary!

Arcane
Might not be a bug, but I can't drag-and-drop ammo to reload the secondary weapon.

Didn't get an attribute point on one of my characters at lvl 10.

Oh, and Vax sometimes gets stuck with an ambush-icon over his head.

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Just got the game the other day, found a bug.

Did part of first mission, (log book pages, metal leg, got repeaters etc)

Back to ranger station.
Talk to Vargas.
Get XP then Level Up Message/pop up.
Hit call button as pop up message asks me to do. Vargas talks on screen in big black box. Call button is blinking
Got to character screen..no points to distribute
Hit call button as pop up message asks me to do. Vargas talks on screen in big black box. Call button is blinking

Hmmm, save/reload
Hit call button as the pop up message told me to do. Vargas talks on screen in big black box. Call button is blinking

Search internet
Internet tells me
Hit call button as the pop up message told me to do. Call button is blinking
Hit C and distribute points.
Nothing. No points no level up.
FRUSTRATION LEVEL HIGH!
:mhd:

WHAT.THE.FUCK. I start thinking my saves broke or something. So i figure i'll run out of camp and practice combat before I restart.
Practice some combat. Just before I quite to restart...ahh what the hell, i'll hit the call button one last time. This time, it works.

tl;dr
Can't level up when in rangers area, even when it told me to do so while in the ranger area.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Talks on screen in a "big black box"? What? That doesn't seem right. Do you have a screenshot showing this?

Tried verifying your game cache files (if you are playing on Steam)? Sounds like it is most likely a corrupt install: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Yeah, the big black talk bubble NPC's use when they have nothing to say to you or are saying generic stuff to each other.

That's how Vargas was talking to me when i was in camp hitting the Call button.

Zep--

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently I set off a trigger that makes the guy who lost his dog in highpool ask where his dog was, when I walked away after giving him his dog. Only bug I've seen so far though.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I finished the Topekan / Atchison quest by using the
'both' keyphrase during the last talk (with Casey standing next to us)
with chief Kekekeblah. I got no XP reward; the quest is 'resolved' according to the logbook but it says that a war between the Topekans and Atchisons has started, whereas things are peaceful, everyone's alive and the NPCs are referring to us as peacekeepers etc. I'm worried I will get wrong ending slides or other consequences in the game.

(Was playing with patch 5 until the Rail Nomad map, installed patch 6 and entered the Atchison camp.)

edit: I see this bug has been noticed already in December 2013: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5226

Unfortunately it's still there.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
4 things. (Ubuntu 64-bit, patch 6.)

1. When the World Map fires up, it's always centered on Ranger Citadel even if I'm somewhere else. Annoying.

2. When I select my guy number 3 (F3), the camera starts scrolling to the left. Also when loading a game. Annoying!

3. In the logbook entry about Tidemann needing pills to "make it through the day", it should be "Tidemann" and not "Tideman".

4. I'd already
delivered the letter to Kathy at the Topekans and she'd killed herself.
A few days later I entered the house again to check if sth changed and voila, she's standing there with 0 hp, says only "tell x I'm sorry" and when I leave, I hear a gunshot etc. etc.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fletcher's hideout is bugged. There's nobody there, but the speech bubbles still do appear. This happened after
Fletcher was pardoned by Mr. Manners after I brought the Robbinson leaders head to him

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom