Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ulminazis which is less painfull when grinding for t29, jumbo or m6?

Destroid

Arcane
M6 has a cracking gun. T1 is a good tank too, workable frontal armour and pretty fast. Unless you get the T20 before you get the T29 you'll be stuck with the 76mm on the T29 which will be god awful. The 90mm is at least a serviceable gun for a heavy at that tier.

But you could always do both at the same time, you gotta do something while you wait for your other battles to finish anyway.

Quatlo

Arcane
Ulminazis which is less painfull when grinding for t29, jumbo or m6?
I used to troll the fuck out of Kv-1s in Jumbo before they have nerfed it golden derpgun shell penetration.
Going 1v1 against them and raping them to bits by sloping your armour and hitting them for ridiculous amount of damage from the 105 HEAT was glorious.
Jumbo is still ok but I'm afraid you have to run with 76mm now.

I'd go with m6 since you need the gun on t29 unless you have free xp to unlock the gun on t29 without the painful grind.

Thane Solus

Arcane
re played World of Serbs, for a few weeks after playing a lot in beta, and i m not touching that piece of shit ever. MM is shit, even after 3 years, arty one shoot you, it very hard to stay alive from tier 7 and up. At tier 10 in my E75 even while being careful arties raped me from 1 to 2 hits. The community is probably the most retarded i meet beside online FPS shits, shit game. It had potential, but they didnt much with it, they improved the engine a lot, but with horrible performance attached, unless playing Standard, MM is absolutely horrendous, they should -1+1 not, -2+2, arties, premium tanks E25 everywhere without the camo debuff, basically a huge cash grab.

Also the MM doesnt take in consideration your battle rating which could made the matches much more balanced... Did i forgot about Gold Ammo? YEAH ... FU SERB!

It can be fun in very short bursts with some mates, but otherwise, i rather play Bridge with my grandma, much more entertainment in that..

/rant

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't think I ever had fun in this game, really.

But eh. Vested investment etc.

So... Has anyone grinded up to VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B? I need something for those damn missions, T29 isn't going to cut it for the dmg blocked+done missions.

Quatlo

Arcane

So... Has anyone grinded up to VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B? I need something for those damn missions, T29 isn't going to cut it for the dmg blocked+done missions.

Just sell your account, some rich kid will pay ridiculous buck for this game and you can finally be free. I did that and I have no regrets.

Destroid

Arcane

I remember shitting on them all day in my IS-4 during beta.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
T32 got the damage blocked+done mission in one try. Hull down in an artyless tier 10 match, bounce a few Jagd E100 shells with gun mantlet. Profit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Eeh, 12,000 HP is kiiiiinda hard with those tiers.

Plus, every time I try to abuse T29 turret in a high tier game, ISU-152 shoots me through the mantlet ;~(

But looks like I'll never get to VK anyway... hating Tiger (P) so very hard at the moment.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tiger (Pain) is pretty crummy yeah. The 200mm front armor is a lie. And I was lucky enough that there were no OP soviets in my tier 10 game. Mostly frenchies (which were pretty annoying) and germans. There was also a Death Star, but it wa son the other side of the map thank god.

aron searle

Arcane
QUOTE="Thane Solus, post: 3718733, member: 15097"]re played World of Serbs, for a few weeks after playing a lot in beta, and i m not touching that piece of shit ever. MM is shit, even after 3 years, arty one shoot you, it very hard to stay alive from tier 7 and up. At tier 10 in my E75 even while being careful arties raped me from 1 to 2 hits. The community is probably the most retarded i meet beside online FPS shits, shit game. It had potential, but they didnt much with it, they improved the engine a lot, but with horrible performance attached, unless playing Standard, MM is absolutely horrendous, they should -1+1 not, -2+2, arties, premium tanks E25 everywhere without the camo debuff, basically a huge cash grab.

Also the MM doesnt take in consideration your battle rating which could made the matches much more balanced... Did i forgot about Gold Ammo? YEAH ... FU SERB!

It can be fun in very short bursts with some mates, but otherwise, i rather play Bridge with my grandma, much more entertainment in that..

/rant[/QUOTE]

I haven’t got past Tier 5 yet, mostly because everything I hear tells me this is the sweet spot.

Gold ammo is still affordable as long as you don’t spam it, it also isn’t that decisive, just handy to use it for those difficult targets. (and by gold I just mean silver, at tier 5 and below you earn enough money to pay the approx 1.5k cost per shot as well as repair costs and repair kits).

Matchmaking seems fine, although I had some troubles with the Sherman tank MM until I figured out to mount the howitzer on it = rape.

Artillery is a threat at low levels, but not so much, I can’t tell if higher level arty really is as overpowering as people describe it, my own experience of anyone complaining about arty is they tend to sit in open fields.

Occasionally my bank will hit the 600k mark and I consider buying a tier 6 tank of some kind, then I just think fuck it and splurge on paintjobs and gold ammo.

I have to wonder If I am missing out on higher tier tanks and matches, seems to me the grind becomes more invasive higher up.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I usually end up blocking 1000-1500 damage with Porsche (minimum, just roll out and derp away... ofc sometimes I block 0 because lolrandom). No team consists of perfect shots, not every shot is a perfect one, and at medium distances it starts to show. There are always a few shots that will go into almost indestructible frontal plate. So where regular Tiger would already get destroyed, Tiger(P) will hold longer.
Still germans pay waaaaay to much for both of these tanks. You have one, ONE major strength (like rapecannon with rape DPM on Tiger 1), and... everything else is a weakness. Size, no armor, crits, when it comes to Porsche - shit speed...

Btw, the weak spots of Tiger(P) which most people think of like giant bucket on a turret or sides in the front aren't the problematic parts. The problem is underturret. There's a fin weak line there which is basically impossible to hide. Regular Tiger can easily hit even at medium distances and penetrate there for example.
The other, not obvious part is the roof of a turret. I couldn't believe it when it got repeatedly penetrated for the first time. It's not flat so the rule of 3 calibers or whatever.

Still regular Tiger is probably a choice if you are a very good player. You just can't kill the thing 1 on 1 without exploding yourself because of 1500 hp and best DPM. But it requires very careful play. Me, I like to roll on Porsche more. Yeah it's simple and luck based, but simple play - just roll out from cover showing a bit of a front, shoot, roll back. If enemy team isn't great you'll hold the line, like a heavy should.

Still I play both tanks from time to time. Tiger Henschel is a more general purpose tank though. It can even destroy higher level tanks 1 on 1. I just feel useful playing it. But (P) is just more fun.
I heard they're going to nerf it's turret though. It's already far from perfect but if so then... it would be a shame since it indeed would be left without any real armor. There will be more holes to shoot than armor lol.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
So they say they're gonna remove Auwflkldpanth.. Auklarfruy... err Klara for a Spähpanzer SP I.C.
a very light compared to Klara... okay, everything is light compared to Klara... 6 tons, less than 4 meters in length Little Finger light armored vehicle, it goes 58 km/h, with a 90 mm cannon :M oh and apparently it has 30 horses per ton :nofunallowed:
The "armor" is 15 mm front, 8 side :kingcomrade: but that's only natural.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yes plz. The hideousness that is Aufklärungspanzer Panther is what kept me from progressing up the german LT line. Not enough firepower to hunt spgs, not enough mobility to do active scouting. Too big to do passive scouting in most of the useful bushes. Worst of all worlds.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
What is WoT?

1% of this

wot_borsig.jpg

and 99% of this

wot_suxshit.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bloody missions now mean every battle has 3-4 artillery in it, shit. :argh:
I'm trying to level up BDR G1 and T1 Heavy here get one shotted by Bishop squadrons :argh::argh:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
What kind of a sane tank commander would let womyn in their tank? No, they shall stay at the barracks, keeping the bunks warm for our laddies!

wot_nowomyn.jpg

BTW, about that blocking mission...

wot_blocking.jpg

Loss, naturally

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
New patch is out and stuffies. The main highlights is that they nerfed the view range of most/all tank destroyers (eugh) and changed the way weapon spread is calculated so that all guns are less likely to hit where you point them.

Really, really sucks for arty players. Heavy Tanks rejoice as you're now a lot less likely to fire shot after shot into their commander hatch at range.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Shame about the TD nerf since that's the class I prefer D:

How are the light tank changes? Is spotting role now more viable?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yes and no. Spotting is viable on ~66-75% of the maps and still pointless in city maps. But you're dependant on not having 14 pants-on-head-retarded teammates to get any spotting damage in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom